AP 12/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP 12/17

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As a snapshot in time, I am ok with the polls. I particularly like the fact that Tenn can't move up each of these past few weeks vs. the teams ahead of them losing!!! Stanford jumped them this week. Now hopefully, they move down with a loss to Stanford!

There are still some "fraud teams" in the poll in my view-Texas, Minnesota, California, South Carolina to name 4.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
triaddukefan, will be at the Duke vs OSU game Thursday. Anything in particular you want me to report back to you?

Report back on the number of Duke fans (if any) you see in attendance. They should be easy to spot. Probably wearing Dark blue with frowns on their faces.

Reaction Score
Report back on the number of Duke fans (if any) you see in attendance. They should be easy to spot. Probably wearing Dark blue with frowns on their faces.
I think this is going to be a good game. Duke has Boykins back, and she was very good against OSU in last year's game. I think she was hurt just after the OSU game. By no means am I expecting OSU to win easy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think this is going to be a good game. Duke has Boykins back, and she was very good against OSU in last year's game. I think she was hurt just after the OSU game. By no means am I expecting OSU to win easy.

One concern I have is it will be a full two weeks since Duke has last played a game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Report back on the number of Duke fans (if any) you see in attendance. They should be easy to spot. Probably wearing Dark blue with frowns on their faces paper bags.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Coaches poll out today (12/18) is very similar to the AP poll... thought it would push some of the "pretenders" further down the list... they did bump South Carolina into the "receiving votes" list.

Reaction Score
I view in-season rankings as a matter that deserves to be treated with utter indifference. They have no meaning and only exist to provide fodder for argument. But, having said that, here's my argument: It is possible, though I am personally skeptical, that ND is the second best team in the country, but a #2 ranking after suffering an eighteen point beatdown on home court is absurd...MSU should be there, in my opinion, though I'm sure that ND fans, as they are wont to do, feel their team is underranked and unfairly maligned at #2.
There is only one other team that has an argument for the two spot IMO and that is Miss St. Will see how ND plays against Marquette on Saturday that’s a common opponent between ND and Miss St. But also ND has beaten a good Oregon State Team, a good Iowa Team, a good Drake Team, a good Gonzaga Team and has the chance to beat a good Marquette team. Not many teams have the resume that ND has so far this season. I think ND being #2 is fair. I think outside of UCONN. ND would probably be favored against everyone else.

Reaction Score
There is only one other team that has an argument for the two spot IMO and that is Miss St. Will see how ND plays against Marquette on Saturday that’s a common opponent between ND and Miss St. But also ND has beaten a good Oregon State Team, a good Iowa Team, a good Drake Team, a good Gonzaga Team and has the chance to beat a good Marquette team. Not many teams have the resume that ND has so far this season. I think ND being #2 is fair. I think outside of UCONN. ND would probably be favored against everyone else.

I hope Marquette gives ND a well-played tight game as they gave Ms st at home. The ranking isn't all that important in December. But playing as many top teams, win or lose (by a tiny bit), can work wonders in late March. Enjoy the Marquette/ND game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Only Paper Bags for the home games. I actually wonder what would happen if I wore one over my head during a game in Cameron.... wonder if they would ask me to remove it or throw me out

Reaction Score
I hope Marquette gives ND a well-played tight game as they gave Ms st at home. The ranking isn't all that important in December. But playing as many top teams, win or lose (by a tiny bit), can work wonders in late March. Enjoy the Marquette/ND game.
I was actually thinking about going because I don’t live far from Milwaukee. But I decided not to. But I bought tickets for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Chicago and I don’t live far from Chicago either. But hopefully ND can make a statement. I don’t like close games when my team is playing haha it’s bad for my health.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Depends on whether or not theyve seen what you look like without the bag. :p

dg.jpeg

Reaction Score
Polls look reasonable this week with the exception of Maryland at #5. USC Trojans could just as easily be #5, at 10-0, given the 10 teams that Maryland has beat this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom