AP 12/17 | The Boneyard

AP 12/17

Reaction Score
Stan/Ore St swap places

Stan jumps to #8, over Tenn & NC St, which hold at 9 & 10.
Ore St falls to 11

Reaction Score
#6 Bay leads #7 Ore by just 2 points
#8 Stan ahead of #9 Tenn by 3

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And Mizzou falls out of the top 25 after losing to South Dakota.

They're replaced by A&M, which re-enters at #23 after beating Beaver State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Depaul is ranked #20 :rolleyes::rolleyes: .......... Must be some Great Lakes Bias :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are 8 undefeated teams in the top 25, including upcoming opponents Cal and Louisville.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Depaul is ranked #20 :rolleyes::rolleyes: ..... Must be some Great Lakes Bias :rolleyes:
Well, they were a whisker away from beating Syracuse. So maybe Syracuse is close enough to the Great Lakes to benefit from the same bias?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, they were a whisker away from beating Syracuse. So maybe Syracuse is close enough to the Great Lakes to benefit from the same bias?

1) im never gonna complain about a ACC team being ranked/overranked (with one exception) :cool:

2) Syracuse does have a win over ND and a now ranked TAMU squad :p

3) I'll seldom miss an opportunity to throw some shade at those fake Blue Spirits ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
1) im never gonna complain about a ACC team being ranked/overranked (with one exception) :cool:

3) I'll seldom miss an opportunity to throw some shade at those fake Blue Spirits ;)

Wow, North Dakota and an A&M team that lost to Lamar.

You're just bitter because DePaul humiliated Duke in Cameron in the tournament, right? Isn't it time to just let that go? :)

Reaction Score
triaddukefan, will be at the Duke vs OSU game Thursday. Anything in particular you want me to report back to you?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
triaddukefan, will be at the Duke vs OSU game Thursday. Anything in particular you want me to report back to you?

I suspect a win for Duke is the only thing triad would like you to report. I'm counting on you to not let that happen. Because fans in the stands can effect the outcome of a game, right? :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow, North Dakota and an A&M team that lost to Lamar.

You're just bitter because DePaul humiliated Duke in Cameron in the tournament, right? Isn't it time to just let that go? :)

1) we were down our 3 pg's....... 2 of which are now playing in the WNBA (1-star) :oops: ... and it wasnt really an humiliation :mad:

2) I never seldom let anything go. Heck... i still am mad at Purdue for knocking Duke out of the NCAA's (men) tournament when I was 7 years ago :mad:

3) now im :mad: just thinking about that Depaul game.... and the restaurant that I get my Soulvaki from closed at 5pm ... so I cant sooth my anger :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:oops:

Reaction Score

See this is your problem. You need to concentrate all your energies on hating one team. That gives maximum impact.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Triad:
How far back are you going for the Syracuse win over ND? Hasn't happened since ND and Syracuse have been in the ACC (the only three regular-season losses for the Irish are to Miami, NC State and Louisville).
There was a barn-burner up in the Dome in 2017 that drew 11,000+, but ND -- behind Turner and Mabrey -- pulled that one out (85-80?).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad:
How far back are you going for the Syracuse win over ND? Hasn't happened since ND and Syracuse have been in the ACC (the only three regular-season losses for the Irish are to Miami, NC State and Louisville).
There was a barn-burner up in the Dome in 2017 that drew 11,000+, but ND -- behind Turner and Mabrey -- pulled that one out (85-80?).

I actually was referring to UND.... The university of North Dakota ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
See this is your problem. You need to concentrate all your energies on hating one team. That gives maximum impact.

mourning.gif

Reaction Score

Awwww a little salty about your season....or that we have a better coach....or that we beat you in the tourney a few years ago with only one top 100 recruit? :cool:

Reaction Score
I suspect a win for Duke is the only thing triad would like you to report. I'm counting on you to not let that happen. Because fans in the stands can effect the outcome of a game, right? :rolleyes:
After the Beavers took one to the chin in Maui, I suspect the Beavers will play with great energy and confidence in front of their loyal fan base.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After the Beavers took one to the chin in Maui, I suspect the Beavers will play with great energy and confidence in front of their loyal fan base.

I hope so. I'm looking to see them focused and energetic from the opening tip. I couldn't understand the lethargic start two games in a row. Maybe no more trips to Maui in the future?

I saw a clip on their facebook page about the trip. It showed the beach, sunsets, luau, interacting with local kids in the schools....didn't show much basketball. Looks like they had fun, but there were a couple games they had to take care of as well. I'm wondering if they had their focus in all the wrong places during the trip. More of a vacation than taking care of business.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I actually was referring to UND.... The university of North Dakota ;)

TriadDuke...that's what happens when you jump into a thread when you've been running around all day. Thanks for explaining. We Domers see ND and get focus vision....;)

Vowelguy...any time I can allow you to show off your drawing skills is aok by me....:D

Reaction Score
#6 Bay leads #7 Ore by just 2 points
#8 Stan ahead of #9 Tenn by 3

Stanford plays TN tonight on the SEC network. That should settle their standings. Hope this isn't another adventure in UGLY.
After UConn beat ND, I was surprised that the Irish remained at #2 with an 18 pt. loss. The game was closer than the score suggested, but that's a bunch of points separating the top teams. Guess we'll just have to admit that these standings mean bupkis (nothing).

Reaction Score
I view in-season rankings as a matter that deserves to be treated with utter indifference. They have no meaning and only exist to provide fodder for argument. But, having said that, here's my argument: It is possible, though I am personally skeptical, that ND is the second best team in the country, but a #2 ranking after suffering an eighteen point beatdown on home court is absurd...MSU should be there, in my opinion, though I'm sure that ND fans, as they are wont to do, feel their team is underranked and unfairly maligned at #2.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I view in-season rankings as a matter that deserves to be treated with utter indifference. They have no meaning and only exist to provide fodder for argument. But, having said that, here's my argument: It is possible, though I am personally skeptical, that ND is the second best team in the country, but a #2 ranking after suffering an eighteen point beatdown on home court is absurd...MSU should be there, in my opinion, though I'm sure that ND fans, as they are wont to do, feel their team is underranked and unfairly maligned at #2.
I'm good with ND at #2. Pretty much all the other teams have shown vulnerabilities. Mississippi State barely survived Marquette at home. Louisville barely survived Arizona State on a neutral court. Until those teams play UConn or Notre Dame, I don't see grounds to move them ahead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom