AO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on his sister and father's internet posts on the Uconnblog, it seems the Oriahki family is pretentious. AO was probably coddled growing up and was not taught how to handle adversity.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You can only live with it until we start playing better teams. We're very lucky that ND and WVU are having down years so we don't pay a ranked team until we go to G'town on Feb. 1 but who knows if they'll even be ranked at that point. But after that, it's at Loserville 5 days later (a team with talented guards which may limit the effectiveness of our back court, meaning the front has to be on their game), at Cuse another 5 days later, then Marquette, Cuse again, and Pitt.

If he's still looking this bad offensively in february, then he's not going to be getting the ball when he's on the court.

Reaction Score
Ummm, huh?

DePaul 5 of 9, 13 points/19 rebounds/1 block
Gtown 1 of 4, 5 points/5 rebounds/0 blocks
Pitt 5 of 8, 13 points/7 rebounds/ 0 blocks
Cuse 5 of 10, 15 points/11 rebounds/ 0 blocks
UL 4 of 7, 10 points/ 8 rebounds/ 0 blocks
Bucknell 4 of 9, 9 points/12 rebounds/ 2 blocks
Cincy 0 of 6, 4 points/ 11 rebounds/ 0 blocks
SDSU 2 of 7, 5 points/ 9 rebounds/ 1 block
Zona 3 of 4, 7 points/ 6 rebounds/ 1 block
UK 4 of 6, 8 points/ 10 rebounds/ 1 block
Butler 5 of 6, 11 points / 11 rebounds/ 4 blocks

In those 11 games he averaged 9.1 points, 9.9 rebounds and .99 blocks per game and shot 50% from the field.

I see two games in the March run that were not multi-field-goal scoring games. Perhaps you meant double digit scoring games or double-double games (which would still both be wrong).

That being said, statistically he is inconsistent. Last year though his hustle and defense were almost always outstanding. This year he has been up and down, I think he has had two solid games in a row now. Sure he could finish stronger and grab rebounds better, but I liked what I saw these past two games a lot more than some previous games.

For what it's worth:

DePaul in 25 mins .52 points per min / .76 reb per min / .04 blk per min
Gtown in 24 mins .21 ppm / .21 rpm / 0 bpm
Pitt in 28 mins .46 ppm / .25 rpm / 0 bpm
Cuse in 37 mins .41 ppm / .3 rpm / .03 bpm
UL in 31 mins .32 ppm / .26 rpm / 0 bpm
Bucknell in 19 mins .47 ppm / .63 rpm / .11 bpm
Cincy in 31 mins .13 ppm / .35 rpm / 0 bpm
SDSU in 35 mins .14 ppm / .26 rpm / .03 bpm
Zona in 20 mins .35 ppm / .30 rpm / .05 bpm
UK in 27 mins .3 ppm / .37 rpm / .04 bpm
Butler in 25 mins .44 ppm / .44 rpm / .16 bpm

Harvard in 22 mins .23 ppm / .27 rpm / 0 bpm

Not his best game, for sure, but not his worst either. Better than the Sweet 16 game v. SDSU and the game against Georgetown for sure, and you could make arguments about Cincinnati and the BET championship v. Louisville. His box score lines aren't going to be a gaudy as they were last season because he's deferring in the front court with Drummond there and Olander a much bigger offensive factor.

I'm not saying Alex played terribly well yesterday (though I was excited to see him seem to put things together for a stretch in the second half), I'm just trying to put everything in perspective. I think we have a tendency to look back fondly on certain players contributions in the past, while casting a disparaging eye to what they're doing in the present.

Reaction Score
The adversarial attitude you all take to a kid who was a huge part of a championship run is continually disappointing.

If I didn't know better, I'd think this "AO" character was on Syracuse with the way he's talked about on here.

Goes to show how bad he has been playing. There is no way you can hide that fact. But he will get out of his slump. Hope it is sooner rather than later. We will need him.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Based on his sister and father's internet posts on the Uconnblog, it seems the Oriahki family is pretentious. AO was probably coddled growing up and was not taught how to handle adversity.

You're basing youre opinion of a family's character based on some blog posts? You came up with all that yourself?!

You're a moron, go back to where ever it is that you came from, please. And stay there.

This board has become infested with idiotic fair-weather fans that showed up after our title. Most have little to no factual basis to their posts and the rest are morons trashing our national championship players when they make mistakes.

I knew to avoid the board after losses, but this board is almost unreadable now even after wins vs ranked teams. Unreal.

Reaction Score
You're basing youre opinion of a family's character based on some blog posts? You came up with all that yourself?!

You're a moron, go back to where ever it is that you came from, please. And stay there.

This board has become infested with idiotic fair-weather fans that showed up after our title. Most have little to no factual basis to their posts and the rest are morons trashing our national championship players when they make mistakes.

I knew to avoid the board after losses, but this board is almost unreadable now even after wins vs ranked teams. Unreal.
You serious? Im 36 years old. Grew up in near Hartford. a Uconn fan before Chris Smith. Do you even know what Im referring to in regards to the Uconn Blog? Ao's father challenged the kid who writes the Uconnblog to a fight b/c he didnt like what Uconnblog was writing. His sister is a foulmouthed little brat. Source: http://www.theuconnblog.com/2011/11...-challenged-us-to-fight-on-facebook-and-other

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
You serious? Im 36 years old. Grew up in near Hartford. a Uconn fan before Chris Smith. Do you even know what Im referring to in regards to the Uconn Blog? Ao's father challenged the kid who writes the Uconnblog to a fight b/c he didnt like what Uconnblog was writing. His sister is a foulmouthed little brat. Source: http://www.theuconnblog.com/2011/11...-challenged-us-to-fight-on-facebook-and-other

Sorry if you're not one of the championship bandwagon fans... they are everywhere on this board now, even at the games (I have to tune out a lot of people around me). They're starting to get to me. Our fans are very very spoiled.

Yes, I know the deal with that blog. That blog is full of . All they care about is getting attention and hits. They basically promoted their blog all over social media platforms based on that one story. Its sickening.

Even still, just because of that, your statement was out of line. You have no premise to judge a player's family and relate those issues to his attitude. Completely outrageous. Not what this board needs (some of the new posters are bad enough).

Reaction Score

His sister is a foul-mouthed brat like everyone else who's trashing her brother.

It was stupid, but not as stupid as the UConn fans who can't get over it.

After every game that AO doesn't have a double-double, we're going to get threads saying "AO is soft," "AO needs to get off twitter," "AO is so frustrating," just beating that dead horse like there's no tomorrow.

I find it kind of ironic that in our only loss, AO was probably our best player and had his best game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom