Anyone watching the battle of the Carolinas? | The Boneyard

Anyone watching the battle of the Carolinas?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not watching, but I've seen the score at various stages. I asked it in the other thread, have they been playing possum? Definitely not overly impressive in the SEC tourney. Don't tell me it's because all the SEC teams are so good. They weren't playing like they are today.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not watching, but I've seen the score at various stages. I asked it in the other thread, have they been playing possum? Definitely not overly impressive in the SEC tourney. Don't tell me it's because all the SEC teams are so good. They weren't playing like they are today.
51 bench points. They have great depth.

Reaction Score
South Carolina just could not miss! 80% from 3 at the half. They cooled off during the 2nd half. But when they are hitting shots from deep and locking you down. Yeah teams do not stand a chance against them. South Carolina just reminds me of those UConn championship teams. Beating you with defense and offense=wins and Championships.

Reaction Score
I won't go there just yet, but let's just say that the Stink Hole fans who've been calling for a rematch have since gone radio silent. This butt whooping will scar them for YEARS.
Stink hole fans?

Reaction Score
It is like they just, flipped a switched and was like you saw the regular season South Carolina team and the SEC tournament South Carolina squad. Now, this is the NCAA tournament South Carolina. Like you said, could they have been playing possum? Who knows. Watching today, they were impressive with their offense. South Carolina has never shot 80% from 3-point land unless they were shooting 5/6. Today, 8/10 from deep at the half. They returned to normal as the game progressed and finished with 45%

Reaction Score
South Carolina just could not miss! 80% from 3 at the half. They cooled off during the 2nd half. But when they are hitting shots from deep and locking you down. Yeah teams do not stand a chance against them. South Carolina just reminds me of those UConn championship teams. Beating you with defense and offense=wins and Championships.
I think SCar won the second half by double digits, while kindly killing clock, but it wasn't as dominant I guess.

I really liked the full court pressure in 1Q. Helped kick start the team, I think.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_0387.gif
    IMG_0387.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the first half. Anyone have a replay?
Here you go.

Had to be somewhat torturous for the small group of Heels fans at CLA having to watch their team getting curb stomped on the court and then during timeouts seeing live look-in coverage of Duke coming back and overtaking OSU. I felt a tiny bit sorry for them. :p

Reaction Score
we have a legitimate starting 9 on our team right now. I think over the break the coaching staff did some evaluating of OUR team. She has tweeked the rotations a bit and they have been very beneficial to our overall production. The second half we worked with a 3 bigs line-up, moving Chloe or Sania Feagin to the 3. It wasn’t as smooth and took some time to figure it out and slowed us down a little bit. I am guessing that’s something we may use down the road. We used it a little with Tennessee and LSU but obviously it needs some more work.

Fulwiley has come into her own. She just takes over the game when she comes in. That’s press at the beginning of the game is the first time all year we have pressed. It was amazing and took everybody by surprise. Hope we do it some more!

Reaction Score
we have a legitimate starting 9 on our team right now. I think over the break the coaching staff did some evaluating of OUR team. She has tweeked the rotations a bit and they have been very beneficial to our overall production. The second half we worked with a 3 bigs line-up, moving Chloe or Sania Feagin to the 3. It wasn’t as smooth and took some time to figure it out and slowed us down a little bit. I am guessing that’s something we may use down the road. We used it a little with Tennessee and LSU but obviously it needs some more work.

Fulwiley has come into her own. She just takes over the game when she comes in. That’s press at the beginning of the game is the first time all year we have pressed. It was amazing and took everybody by surprise. Hope we do it some more!
oh if only UConn was at full strength............that would be quite a battle..........

Reaction Score
oh if only UConn was at full strength............that would be quite a battle..........
I like to think that if UConn had been at full strength this year it would have been similar to when UConn and ND both went undefeated all season and met in the Championship. Just two powerhouses going at it for the trophy. Ah, well. :(

Reaction Score
Well let's see, not a single starter for UNC would be on our 2 deep roster. From UCONN, the only player(s) that I think would make our 2 deep is Aaliyah Edwards and Paige Bueckers.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
For as good as SC was today, they haven’t played at this level on the road or in neutral courts all year excluding the ND season opener. If they play like this today they aren’t losing to anyone though, even if Clark has a magical night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom