Anyone visited Aruba recently? | The Boneyard

Anyone visited Aruba recently?

Reaction Score
The Warden and I are headed there at the end of September for our 25th anniversary. She booked the flights and lodging and I did my part by locating the Habanos (Cuban Cigar) shop. :D

We booked a one day Jeep tour with some sights that include California Lighthouse, natural bridge, Baby Beach Snorkeling and the Donkey Sanctuary.

What else do I have to do, have to see, and where do I eat?

Screaming Eagle and Flying Fishbone were two restaurants recommended.

Reaction Score
The Warden and I are headed there at the end of September for our 25th anniversary. She booked the flights and lodging and I did my part by locating the Habanos (Cuban Cigar) shop. :D

We booked a one day Jeep tour with some sights that include California Lighthouse, natural bridge, Baby Beach Snorkeling and the Donkey Sanctuary.

What else do I have to do, have to see, and where do I eat?

Screaming Eagle and Flying Fishbone were two restaurants recommended.
I never check this forum. Too bad. I would have had a lot of suggestions for you. How was the trip? What places and things to do were the highlights?

Reaction Score
I never check this forum. Too bad. I would have had a lot of suggestions for you. How was the trip? What places and things to do were the highlights?
Well, we really enjoyed the island and will certainly go back, so would love to hear your tips!

We stayed at the Hilton in the Palm Beach area. The hotel was really nice and the location was perfect, as it was right across the street from some great restaurants and shops. It also had two great outdoor bars and a pretty decent restaurant. Their beach was beautiful.

We booked three excursions with Da Palm Tours. The all-day Jeep tour was pretty cool and showed us a lot of the touristy sights. We also enjoyed a booze cruise which included snorkeling over a shipwreck. The last thing was an all you can eat and drink, all-day trip to Da Palm's resort island. That was a waste of money. Super crowded, watered-down drinks, short beers and an average buffet. Will skip that next time. Other than that, we spent one afternoon shopping in Oranjestad and hung out a lot at the Hilton's beach which was beautiful.

I had some incredible meals there including a ridiculous spaghetti dish at Gianni's. Yes, spaghetti! I had three different steaks from Argentina and all were fantastic. The local Papimiento Reserve Rum went great with the Cuban cigars I got at the Casa Del Habano, the only place that doesn't sell fakes.

It was extremely hot and humid that week with real-feels in the 110s every day, but as long as we stayed out of the direct sun, we didn't mind. The Aruba Arribas and the Balashis sure helped. Overall, I was pretty surprised how affordable everything was. Very comparable to the States. We went to Grand Cayman about 5 years ago and I was expecting similar crazy prices on everything, but it wasn't bad at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom