Anyone see FL State lose? | The Boneyard

Anyone see FL State lose?

Reaction Score
That was a good game. I’m still saddened by UConn not going after Kiah Gillespie after high school and when she decided to transfer. She is tough!!

Reaction Score
I had the game on my monitor screen. Syracuse led for almost the entire 1st half. Fla St went ahead by 4 or 5 in the 3rd and 4th periods but Syracuse came back to tie it with a three at the end of regulation. Fla led most of the OT and scored a go ahead basket with :00.8 left. An alley oop and 3 foot shot won it for the Orange. A great finish to a good game.

Reaction Score
The video of the final play is worth seeing. It has been posted in the General Women's Basketball section. Amazing how FSU opted to defend the final play with 0.8 seconds left and the ball at midcourt.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I had recorded the game but the recording ended just after Syracuse tied the game on a three. I wanted to see the ending. Thanks for the info.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was stunned at the amount of lazy movement around the court by the players. FSU missed about 5 free throws down the stretch in regulation and OT. The lack of hustle by the FSU players, including Gillespie, was noticeable and surprising. Nice win by Syracuse.

Mystifying offense at the end of regulation - Syracuse needed to foul. So Valencia Myers, 4-10 on FT's, kept getting the ball passed to her. Why she was in the game at that point and/or why they kept passing to her so she could get fouled was mystifying. That, more than another single thing, cost FSU the game.

Reaction Score
The video of the final play is worth seeing. It has been posted in the General Women's Basketball section. Amazing how FSU opted to defend the final play with 0.8 seconds left and the ball at midcourt.

Mind boggling is more like it. Cuse did the same thing at the end of the third quarter. Can't believe that Coach Q sent a guard into the back court to defend a FSU player. SMH! Isn't that's where you want the ball to go? As far away from the basket as possible? Kiah almost made the shot near the top of the key. I can't believe that the FSU coaching staff couldn't draw up a better defense than that to force the ball away from the basket. You need all five defenders near the opponents basket. So be it, if they hit a half court shot. A 99.9% shot vs a 50% or less shot....

Other than that, it was a good game.

Reaction Score
Mind boggling is more like it. Cuse did the same thing at the end of the third quarter. Can't believe that Coach Q sent a guard into the back court to defend a FSU player. SMH! Isn't that's where you want the ball to go? As far away from the basket as possible? Kiah almost made the shot near the top of the key. I can't believe that the FSU coaching staff couldn't draw up a better defense than that to force the ball away from the basket. You need all five defenders near the opponents basket. So be it, if they hit a half court shot. A 99.9% shot vs a 50% or less shot....

Other than that, it was a good game.
Put a player in the backcourt to take time off the clock.

Reaction Score
Put a player in the backcourt to take time off the clock.

I would only put a player in the backcourt to take time off the clock, if my team was in the lead and didn’t need to score. In each situation, especially Cuse’s on the last play, they needed to score.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is simply a lot better than people think. Louisville on its home court was extremely lucky to pull out a win over them.

Reaction Score
I would only put a player in the backcourt to take time off the clock, if my team was in the lead and didn’t need to score. In each situation, especially Cuse’s on the last play, they needed to score.
On defense the same thing to take time off the clock if your up. So they either don't get a shot off or make them rush the shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom