anyone pulling for UCF... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

anyone pulling for UCF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hawk, answering your question, there is always the danger of losing teams to CR. Big 12 possibilities exist out there but TV and outside factors weigh heavily.
Big 12: UCF, Cincy (traveling partner for WVU), SMU/Houston demographics..

On field performance matters less than you think....Maryland/Rutgers (on field performance across all sports???) to the Big 10 (they sit in middle of 20,000,000 TV sets).
Just ask ESPN and the screw job administered to UCONN by our Bristol buddies.

Thanks for the reply Colt. I realize that CR first and foremost has to do with tv sets and money. Unfortunately for the Big 12, there doesn't seem to be many options available that hit a home run in that respect. If the Big 12 can't steal some teams from a P5 conference, they'd have no choice but to look elsewhere. I equate it to the Louisville to the ACC scenario. Louisville athletics didn't really do much for the ACC in terms of tv sets or money (UCONN could've arguably done the same or better). The ACC needed a replacement team after Maryland's departure just like the Big 12 may need a conference championship game to solidify a playoff spot each year. Louisville got the nod because the southern ACC schools thought it had the better football program. If the Big 12 needs 2 teams, it might not come down to demographics. They may just look for the strongest athletic programs available outside of the P5.

Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself, adding Louisville was nearly 100% about on field performance and overall strength of their athletic dept.

Reaction Score
Good for you, I see it as a means to fill our schedule. Nothing more, nothing less.
It is. Just like the Big East. I wasn't in love with that conference either. Not in love with playing Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt. Just schedule fillers, but so what?

Reaction Score
To be honest, why is UCF playing Baylor...and nothing against Baylor, I know they are BIG XII Champs....and yes I know how it works, but were they the game that had to take the AAC champion? But my cynical mind is asking, if it was Texas as Big XII champs and say with two losses would UCF really be playing them, I mean if they had the last choice, I think they would have brokered a deal with some other conference...at least Maybe??? But here is what will happen if Baylor losses, the "Eradicates Scheduled Programs Network"- ESPN "EXPERTS" will claim that the Big XII was weak this year. No Oklahoma U, No Texas, No Texas Tech, No Oklahoma State U. And so Baylor wins the Big XII championship. The only saving grace here for a selfish UConn fan, The networks talk up the championship game, but talk down about Baylor getting in -- that the Big XII needs to expand....thus entering in another round of CR!

So yes, I am rooting for UCF. And yes, I like the Baylor Bears, especially with how RGIII respected us on national TV - something ESPN will NEVER do. And yet, how much of our tax dollars are going to ESPN, as they have negotiated a deal with not paying their share of taxes....who makes up the shortfall. Anyways, this isn't supposed to be a rant on ESPN...its just MHO that I see them controlling CR.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Every UConn fan should be rooting for UCF and any other G5 team playing a P5 team. The more ranked G5 programs the better. Disregarding money, parity just makes for more entertaining football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom