anyone pulling for UCF... | The Boneyard

anyone pulling for UCF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think a win by UCF against the Big12 champion will send a strong message that there isn't as much gap as some folks would like to have the public believe.

This league needs these type of wins. And this is the last year the AAC is on equal footing.

I think its also a good sign that the team representing the AAC is a team going forward with the league. 2 BCS wins in a row is what the AAC needs. Especially as it comes against the big boys conferences (Big12 and SEC)...

Reaction Score
I'm pulling for them. For better or worse, were in the same league. I think they got a real tough draw with Baylor. Would have had a better chance against an Oklahoma I think.

Going forward, with Peterson leaving Boise, and maybe Fresno losing Carr at QB, and the top MAC teams losing their coaches on a yearly basis, maybe just maybe our league can win this bid more often than not. As long as Peterson was at Boise I believe they were the likeliest winner of the bid.

This league really has to find a way do something about the empty seats. Just looks like crap on TV. They have to find ways to be creative. I know it gets tricky with donations and all, but I'd be in favor of some type of general admission seating or something.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm pulling for them because we're all the same shcitt wagon and the AAC needs every bit of validation going forward.

Besides they're football program is similar to ours. Late to the table compared to historic programs but making strides quickly.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid UCF is going to get crushed by Baylor. Shouldn't be close.

Tend to agree. Balyor already laid their egg this year and will be very motivated to show their offense.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tend to agree. Balyor already laid their egg this year and will be very motivated to show their offense.

I agree, they should get crushed, but hoping for otherwise. I do think Bortles looks like a real sleeper at QB.

Reaction Score
I'm totally pulling for them. Although we don't really want t be here, we need the AAC to be as strong as possible.

Reaction Score
yogi-berra-quote-its-like-deja-vu-all-over-again.jpg

osknights1:12pm via TweetDeck
UCF announces it has sold 5,000 Fiesta Bowl tickets of its allotment thus far:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...sta-bowl-ticket-sales-20131214,0,4167166.post

UCFSports1:21pm via Twitter for Android
I'm guessing the 5,000 number combines tickets sold with band, player comps, etc. It's just not feasible to get large numbers from FL to AZ.

osknights2:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
That 5,000 ticket number is "all-inclusive." That means includes band and player/team comps. So less than 5,000 actually sold.

Reaction Score
It's like pulling for WVU all those years. Every chance to make statement for the conference is a good thing. Even though this draw is difficult, I'm not sold that the game will be the blowout everyone seems to project it to be. UCF can put up points, has a good QB, George O'Leary is a legitimate coach (despite whatever his resume says), and Baylor plays in the Big 12 where defense is optional. Their offense is really good, but it's hard to measure what it really is without a good baseline to compare it too.

Don't forget, UCF went up and knocked off PSU this year in Happy Valley, lost by single-digits against South Carolina, and recently beat UGA in a bowl game. They will not be intimidated here, and have a good program. I'm at the very least taking UCF on the points, and if the juice is good, may lay them straight-up.

Reaction Score
I think a win by UCF against the Big12 champion will send a strong message that there isn't as much gap as some folks would like to have the public believe.

This league needs these type of wins. And this is the last year the AAC is on equal footing.

I think its also a good sign that the team representing the AAC is a team going forward with the league. 2 BCS wins in a row is what the AAC needs. Especially as it comes against the big boys conferences (Big12 and SEC)...

After listening to some of the BCS Bowl talk late this week absolutely 100% on board. The perception machine is on full speed for the p5 suckups and it'll have to be broken multiple times so until we get our chance -

GO UCF!!!!

Reaction Score
Not for nothing but driving this morning I heard Mel Kiper call Bortles the most NFL ready QB of the bunch. Wow! True or not, there will be lots of eyeballs watching that game and hearing about the AAC.

Reaction Score
I really couldn't give a crap about the AAC.

Sorry cougar, until Delaney or ACC calls, AAc is home. Teams coming in pretty decent. SMU, Houston, Cincy, UCF, USF, ECU, Navy, even Tulsa, Tulane...let's enjoy it, party hard at the Rent and lookin forward to "ride"...
Sorry but I'm Ten toes In no matter where we are. I'm up for beating up on everyone and anyone including the AAC....then when our time comes, we beat up on the "Big Boys" when invited.
Am Getting behind every AAC team and future AAC team when we don't line up across from them because it helps us ......

Reaction Score
Sorry cougar, until Delaney or ACC calls, AAc is home. Teams coming in pretty decent. SMU, Houston, Cincy, UCF, USF, ECU, Navy, even Tulsa, Tulane...let's enjoy it, party hard at the Rent and lookin forward to "ride"...
Sorry but I'm Ten toes In no matter where we are. I'm up for beating up on everyone and anyone including the AAC....then when our time comes, we beat up on the "Big Boys" when invited.
Am Getting behind every AAC team and future AAC team when we don't line up across from them because it helps us ......

Good for you, I see it as a means to fill our schedule. Nothing more, nothing less.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's like pulling for WVU all those years. Every chance to make statement for the conference is a good thing.
This is exactly what I was going to post. I pulled for WVU every year just so the Big East could get some validity. I'm hoping UCF wins to do the same. Everyone here can crap all over the AAC all they want but reality is we're in that league for now and any validity we can get as a conference is better for UConn in general. So yeah, I'll be pulling for UCF and hoping for the upset.

Reaction Score
The time for whining is over!

As much as the AAC looks like a patchwork quilt, it does have some decent teams that can lift the league by its boot straps, in fact it may even improve its perception to a level better than the old BE.

I think the problem was this year, when everyone says you're no good, you believe it. Look at UConn.......they may not have has as much talent as the rest of the AAC, but until someone (TJW) could convince them they could compete and win, they didn't. The WHOLE league played down to the expectations of the talking heads.

UCF has had a decent history of competing with, and sometimes beating, the BIG BOY teams. Heck, they domicile in the same fertile recruiting geography.

UCF, Cincinnatti, Houston, and USF(under Leavitt) have had signature wins.

As long as UConn is part of the AAC, I'm hoping these teams shove the expectations of talking heads up a dark tunnel.

Let's kick some butt in the bowl games.......go AAC!

And then when UConn beats some of the better teams next year, no one can say "yeah, but it was only UCF"

Reaction Score
The last few weeks there's been some new rumors about the Big 12 looking into adding a couple teams in order for a championship game. Because there's not too many options on the table, does anyone think UCF's performance against Baylor could be somewhat of an auditon to see if they would fit the bill? If UCF plays really well and pulls off the win, could the AAC potentially lose 1 or 2 of its best teams to the Big 12?

Reaction Score
The last few weeks there's been some new rumors about the Big 12 looking into adding a couple teams in order for a championship game. Because there's not too many options on the table, does anyone think UCF's performance against Baylor could be somewhat of an auditon to see if they would fit the bill? If UCF plays really well and pulls off the win, could the AAC potentially lose 1 or 2 of its best teams to the Big 12?

Hawk, answering your question, there is always the danger of losing teams to CR. Big 12 possibilities exist out there but TV $$ and outside factors weigh heavily.
Big 12: UCF, Cincy (traveling partner for WVU), SMU/Houston demographics..

On field performance matters less than you think....Maryland/Rutgers (on field performance across all sports???) to the Big 10 (they sit in middle of 20,000,000 TV sets).
Just ask ESPN and the screw job administered to UCONN by our Bristol buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom