Anyone notice the new court markings? | The Boneyard

Anyone notice the new court markings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Only one 3 pt. line and you can see the tops of the new "Restricted Arc" under each basket.

Photo courtesy of Hartford Courant:

UCWBB01.JPG

Reaction Score
Thanks for the pic. Court looks great. It's also great to see Caroline on the court practicing, doing drills, etc. She's wearing a big brace for her knee

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Why does wording of "Connecticut" and "Big East" (both sides, free throw line) face inward, towards the center of the court, upside down from nearest stands? Doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

Kinda sad to see the volleyball court markings. Can't UConn provide something more than one court for two basketball teams to practice and play games on, PLUS accommodate the volleyball teams? Seems chintzy to me.

I just love those grey unpainted stone walls. Yuck! Like prison.

Reaction Score
The lower seats in this pic are pushed back for practice. TV cameras are shooting from above so it's positioned for TV

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I noticed.

I wonder how much the average 3 point shooting percentages will change for WCBB. . . ?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The lower seats in this pic are pushed back for practice. TV cameras are shooting from above so it's positioned for TV
I understand the positioning of the seats, etc. But it seems to me that a camera aimed at a free throw shooter (from beyond baseline focusing on front view of shooter) will capture "Big East" upside down.

Similarly, sideline cameras (from above) will show "Connecticut" upside down in foreground, background (other side of the court) will be ok. Just seems strage to me and I am honestly confused.

No confusion about the ugly decor! Not sure if it is "Coyote Ugly," but ugly all the same.

Reaction Score
I understand the positioning of the seats, etc. But it seems to me that a camera aimed at a free throw shooter (from beyond baseline focusing on front view of shooter) will capture "Big East" upside down.

Similarly, sideline cameras (from above) will show "Connecticut" upside down in foreground, background (other side of the court) will be ok. Just seems strage to me and I am honestly confused.

No confusion about the ugly decor! Not sure if it is "Coyote Ugly," but ugly all the same.

It doesn't actually look on TV the way you are describing. During games you can't actually see the nearer end upside down Connecticut from the sideline TV view because the media table completely blocks it from view. Similarly you'can't even see the upside down Big East the vast majority of the time from the baseline TV cameras let alone notice that it is upside down.

The Big East logos are set up to be perfectly readable when the sideline camera zooms in to follow halfcourt action, which is the majority of camera time. And the far sideline Connecticut is the only that is visible. These signs aren't something new like the three point line and charging arc.

Reaction Score
Why does wording of "Connecticut" and "Big East" (both sides, free throw line) face inward, towards the center of the court, upside down from nearest stands? Doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

Kinda sad to see the volleyball court markings. Can't UConn provide something more than one court for two basketball teams to practice and play games on, PLUS accommodate the volleyball teams? Seems chintzy to me.

I just love those grey unpainted stone walls. Yuck! Like prison.
looks good.........

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
OK, guys, I concede the point. You get a big touche!

I was honestly confused (nothing new). I believe my critics are right and I hope I am mistaken cuz no way do I wanna stand on my head while watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom