Anyone know who our definite opponents at this point are for next year? | The Boneyard

Anyone know who our definite opponents at this point are for next year?

Reaction Score
Just wondering who is definitely on the schedule for next year at this point. Also will we play all BE opponents twice?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Just wondering who is definitely on the schedule for next year at this point. Also will we play all BE opponents twice?
Don't know the schedule, but the Big East is doing home and home for all teams so we do play everyone twice.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some changes are going to have to be made because there are too many non-con games scheduled at the moment.

Non-conference:

Home: Maryland, Texas, Dayton, South Carolina, Arkansas Little Rock

Road: Baylor, California, Tennessee, Virginia, Oklahoma, Notre Dame

Pending:
Louisville

Reaction Score
Some changes are going to have to be made because there are too many non-con games scheduled at the moment.

Non-conference:

Pending: Louisville

For those who don’t know the NCAA scheduling rules, teams that are not in an official tournament (multi-team event) have a max of 29 regular season games. So they will be limited to nine out-of-conference games from the above list in 2020-21.

That ignores the remote possibility that they could bring together three of their opponents in a bogus four team “tournament”, with each team playing the other three within approximately a two week span. Teams do not have to play at the same site to qualify. That has been done once or twice on the men’s side. In that case, they could play 30 games. (Note: a revised rule Is on the drawing board, which would allow teams to play 29 games plus a two game multi team event. That would solve the problem if the rule is changed and if UConn could work out a three team round-robin multi-team event quickly.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Non-conference:

Pending:
Louisville
Thanks for the info!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For me yes, always thinking about where I can catch a game in person. I travel a bunch for work so often can catch a couple road games in a season by working my travel schedule just right.

I envy those who can see games on the road. The crowd dynamic with a mixture of home fans and UConn fans must be so much fun. Good luck.

Reaction Score
I envy those who can see games on the road. The crowd dynamic with a mixture of home fans and UConn fans must be so much fun. Good luck.
You are totally correct. Tickets are usually cheap comparatively so I get good seats, the small arenas are full, and mostly with UConn fans. Napheesa's homecoming game was awesome in St. Louis. It is truly the circus coming to town.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing I'm super excited about - Ice Brady is from the Del Mar area, in San Diego. That means in 5 or so years, UCONN should be doing a homecoming game for her. Hopefully it will be UCLA or USC - easy for me to get to either venue.

Anyway, some of the SOCAL folks were talking about maybe going to see her play while still in high school. @ochoopsfan, @Golden Husky, @CT2SanDiego - I think all are SOCAL - maybe a few others out our way.

Reaction Score
For those who don’t know the NCAA scheduling rules, teams that are not in an official tournament (multi-team event) have a max of 29 regular season games. So they will be limited to nine out-of-conference games from the above list in 2020-21.

That ignores the remote possibility that they could bring together three of their opponents in a bogus four team “tournament”, with each team playing the other three within approximately a two week span. Teams do not have to play at the same site to qualify. That has been done once or twice on the men’s side. In that case, they could play 30 games. (Note: a revised rule Is on the drawing board, which would allow teams to play 29 games plus a two game multi team event. That would solve the problem if the rule is changed and if UConn could work out a three team round-robin multi-team event quickly.)
Mohegan Sun Invitational in early fall! That way Mohegan can make up for the loss they will take on the AAC tournament without UConn participating! Money to be made by all and a few teams can at least get UConn at a so called neutral court. (Although it is really the 3rd home court....)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I remember reading that one of the terms of the AAC departure was four home-and-home basketball series (men’s or women’s) with AAC teams. Does anyone know of there is a timeline on that? I know Geno and Jose want to continue their series, but it’s hard to see how that’ll work for next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom