Anyone know what is going on with flights on the east coast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone know what is going on with flights on the east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
At lga today with delta - going fine so far

But couldn’t get an Uber this morning from ct which usually not a problem at all for the 35-40 min drive.

So I drove in- no issues

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I fly Delta for years, never had any problems. Harrisburg-Atlanta-Savannah. Easy. Now all of a sudden, I have had 4 changes to my upcoming flight. It got so bad in email I couldn't understand it. Had to go to the airport and seek help. They were great and admitted my changes were crazy. Of course no answer why. Just roll with it. Since this OVID thing is still rattling people.

Heads up of you are getting a rental at Savannah. He flew in there last week and stood in line at Avis for over an hour waiting to pick up keys. Line was long and agents were limited. He rented a full size sedan and was given a Toyota Tacoma.

Reaction Score
I fly Delta for years, never had any problems. Harrisburg-Atlanta-Savannah. Easy. Now all of a sudden, I have had 4 changes to my upcoming flight. It got so bad in email I couldn't understand it. Had to go to the airport and seek help. They were great and admitted my changes were crazy. Of course no answer why. Just roll with it. Since this OVID thing is still rattling people.
Same experience with Delta. Def not usual for them to mess with schedules.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The delays are due to pilot shortages, and COVID vaccination is a factor. The vaccines inhibit ACE2 activity which is cardioprotective and the spike protein expressed by the vaccines generates clotting. Flying is a risk for clotting, and pilots are vulnerable. Some links:

The first 3 links look like they're from trash sites, just from hovering over the links. I clicked on the first one just to give it a chance, and was proven right. There is no substance, just a bunch of clickbait headlines. The last link you provided fact-checked stuff from the first three, and determined that the claims are not true.

How do people fall for this garbage?

Reaction Score
The first 3 links look like they're from trash sites, just from hovering over the links. I clicked on the first one just to give it a chance, and was proven right. There is no substance, just a bunch of clickbait headlines. The last link you provided fact-checked stuff from the first three, and determined that the claims are not true.

I checked the links out the other day, started to type a similar response and then decided to avoid getting into a political derailment but its hard to resist. In none of the four articles is the Covid vaccine implicated. My favorite is the world-renowned Colorado Herald which wins the title for the most misleading headline ever. Here is some of their hard-hitting deductive skill in action: "Pilots have an increased risk of blood clots. COVID-19 vaccine recipients have an increased risk of blood clots. Reuter’s and Fact Checkers cannot hide the fact that an increased risk on top of an increased risk is potentially a disaster". Yes, the fact checkers are clearly the problem in all this.

I don't know if people are consciously choosing to continue the spread of misinformation and to what end or they are just that gullible. If the latter, I would like to get their email addresses as I have a cousin who is a Nigerian Prince who just held a lottery.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah it took about 30 seconds of googling to identify that these were all bogus clickbait. We are by and large not a particularly intelligent species.

Reaction Score
Yeah it took about 30 seconds of googling to identify that these were all bogus clickbait. We are by and large not a particularly intelligent species.
What gets me every time is that these rubes are so brazen and proud of their ignorance/gullibility/whatever. Somehow we are stupid for not believing the clickbait lies, and they are the ones with their eyes open.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know if people are consciously choosing to continue the spread of misinformation and to what end or they are just that gullible
I know, right? They should completely lose their ability to post on Facebook and other social media.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So bad... sorry to hear!

Epic meltdown with JetBlue two weeks ago with not one but two flights canceled from BOS to ABQ. Same scenario of pilots/crew time out due to weather delays. Two plus hour waits to reach a customer service representative. One of the worst travel experiences in my life. Maybe we’ll ren ssro caor t a car and drive out there...oh wait.
My son who we haven’t seen in person for 19 months is due to fly to Bradley from LAX on JetBlue this weekend. He hates flying to begin with. I hope he isn’t impacted.

Aside from all this, the airlines, all receiving govt help during the pandemic, are
are taking full advantage with both expensive pricing and totally devalued air miles. In addition to most having shifted a few years ago from giving miles according to miles traveled instead to basing them on ticket cost, for a cross US flight about an 80% devaluation, they have now doubled or tripled the miles required. Miles are becoming worthless except to very frequent fliers and even they have to take many more flights to accumulate enough miles for even one itinerary.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Government will be taking this post down soon, can't have anti Vax news anywhere! LOL
Except pre January 20, 2021
Why would the airport people go to work when they can earn more money from the government to stay home?
Airlines are no different than construction, the food industry, manufacturing and other key industries that can't get enough help to fill idle/empty positions
It stinks especially when the airlines are counted on to keep the people in this country moving when traveling distances

Reaction Score
We've had several trip itineraries changed, a couple very significantly, due to pilot shortages on some airlines.
Pilots are in short supply because those who were furloughed or took leaves of absence during the massive slowdown in flying are required to undergo a re-training program before they return to the cockpit.
Simulator time may be required as well, and is also in short supply because of the large number of pilots being re-trained.

Reaction Score
I hope your son makes it without any issues. Our trip was the first to see my wife’s family in about that long.

The miles and prices are absurd. Miles are more or less a lost cause to me given the devaluation. I used to be a travel card for everyday purchases but switched over to a cash back card and haven’t regretted it. Definitely not in a rush to hop on a plane every vacation - to see family for sure but otherwise not so much...

My son who we haven’t seen in person for 19 months is due to fly to Bradley from LAX on JetBlue this weekend. He hates flying to begin with. I hope he isn’t impacted.

Aside from all this, the airlines, all receiving govt help during the pandemic, are
are taking full advantage with both expensive pricing and totally devalued air miles. In addition to most having shifted a few years ago from giving miles according to miles traveled instead to basing them on ticket cost, for a cross US flight about an 80% devaluation, they have now doubled or tripled the miles required. Miles are becoming worthless except to very frequent fliers and even they have to take many more flights to accumulate enough miles for even one itinerary.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Heads up of you are getting a rental at Savannah. He flew in there last week and stood in line at Avis for over an hour waiting to pick up keys. Line was long and agents were limited. He rented a full size sedan and was given a Toyota Tacoma.

That's a great little airport. Rental cars are scarce everywhere, but likely even more scarce in tourist destinations without any mass transit like that.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's a great little airport. Rental cars are scarce everywhere, but likely even more scarce in tourist destinations without any mass transit like that.
All these travel related companies are going full capitalism at its finest. A good friend just went to Puerto Rico and was stuck with a small rental . SUV for 1100 smackers for a week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Definitely like it when I fly in to or out of Savannah.

I just got off phone with my company's travel as I had a change in plans last week and ended up in Maryland instead of being home. I need a rental car for this week, primarily so I can get to Reagan National on Saturday for a flight. I can see an Avis/Budget rental location from my hotel window. Travel agent said he couldn't get anything with Budget but Avis was easy peasey. Picking up a full size tomorrow morning.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Definitely like it when I fly in to or out of Savannah.

I just got off phone with my company's travel as I had a change in plans last week and ended up in Maryland instead of being home. I need a rental car for this week, primarily so I can get to Reagan National on Saturday for a flight. I can see an Avis/Budget rental location from my hotel window. Travel agent said he couldn't get anything with Budget but Avis was easy peasey. Picking up a full size tomorrow morning.
I hear you can get blood clots driving rental cars. Only been through the Savannah airport a few times. Probably my favorite airport and convenient rental lot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hear you can get blood clots driving rental cars. Only been through the Savannah airport a few times. Probably my favorite airport and convenient rental lot.

Love the big lobby before TSA checkpoint and the very wide aisles in the concourse area. Just a nice, wide open, airy feel to the terminal.

I'll have no more than a 90 minute drive in the rental. If there's a joke in there, you got me because it's either over my head or my compressed memory doesn't recall the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom