Anyone know what is going on with flights on the east coast | The Boneyard

Anyone know what is going on with flights on the east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apparently nothing (or very little) is flying and won't fly until Tuesday. I am hearing this second hand but a quick search showed the flights listed as delayed.

Reaction Score
as @Dooooooomed said along with a shortage of pilots

Because of the shortage of pilots when there are so many delays and whatnot they reach their time limit of being on the clock and cant safely fly according to the guidelines (they get timed out) so the flight get cancelled. Happened to me a month ago flying from Bradley to Chicago there was a 4 hour delay because of storms in the midwest area all planes were grounded at Ohare and by the time we got clearance for take off the crew was timed out and the flight cancelled

Reaction Score
United paid out early retirement to a bunch of pilots last year.

Reaction Score
Saw this story last night

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I flew boston-DFW yesterday and on the plane heading back now. We had a 30 minute delay but are arriving on schedule. Luckily not impacted.

Reaction Score
as @Dooooooomed said along with a shortage of pilots

Because of the shortage of pilots when there are so many delays and whatnot they reach their time limit of being on the clock and cant safely fly according to the guidelines (they get timed out) so the flight get cancelled. Happened to me a month ago flying from Bradley to Chicago there was a 4 hour delay because of storms in the midwest area all planes were grounded at Ohare and by the time we got clearance for take off the crew was timed out and the flight cancelled
I just flew back to Az from Ct via JFK
The flight was delayed because they had to scrape together an emergency crew. The flight attendant mentioned how grateful we should be to the emergency crew 3-4 times during the flight.
I actually saw a fight in the terminal
with the contents of a Kiosk being knocked to the floor.
I’ve flown hundreds maybe thousands of times since the 1960’s
and never saw anything like this.
six or seven port authority police eventually showed up. People have gone crazy.

Reaction Score
Wife flew United and had 2 flights cancelled an hour or two before they were lifting off last weekend from Newark to San Diego. Yesterday United cancelled her flight back so she booked another one and that got cancelled too. The one she got on diverted to Denver. Yesterday my flight back to JFK from San Diego was diverted to Cincinnati for a couple hours.

Its all a mess.

CL82

Reaction Score
If the US air system was being threatened/attacked by say ransomeware, the public would be told.. Right?
That exactly what I wondering. @Who Ha's link makes sense to me though. I have to the midwest at the end of the summer. I'm wondering if it makes more sense to drive?

Reaction Score
Wife flew United and had 2 flights cancelled an hour or two before they were lifting off last weekend from Newark to San Diego. Yesterday United cancelled her flight back so she booked another one and that got cancelled too. The one she got on diverted to Denver. Yesterday my flight back to JFK from San Diego was diverted to Cincinnati for a couple hours.

Its all a mess.

So bad... sorry to hear!

Epic meltdown with JetBlue two weeks ago with not one but two flights canceled from BOS to ABQ. Same scenario of pilots/crew time out due to weather delays. Two plus hour waits to reach a customer service representative. One of the worst travel experiences in my life. Maybe we’ll rent a car and drive out there...oh wait.

pj

Reaction Score
The delays are due to pilot shortages, and COVID vaccination is a factor. The vaccines inhibit ACE2 activity which is cardioprotective and the spike protein expressed by the vaccines generates clotting. Flying is a risk for clotting, and pilots are vulnerable. Some links:

CL82

Reaction Score
The delays are due to pilot shortages, and COVID vaccination is a factor. The vaccines inhibit ACE2 activity which is cardioprotective and the spike protein expressed by the vaccines generates clotting. Flying is a risk for clotting, and pilots are vulnerable. Some links:
Wow

Reaction Score
Flying to myrtle beach Wednesday hope things go smoothly
I just flew down to Myrtle Beach from Bradley last week. It was my first time on a plane in years and everything went smoothly. I guess I hit it at the right time. It was a Spirit flight since they are the only airline that goes direct to Myrtle from BDL. I never realized how much hate there is for Spirit, but I didn’t think there was anything wrong with it for a quick hour and a half flight.

Reaction Score
I just flew down to Myrtle Beach from Bradley last week. It was my first time on a plane in years and everything went smoothly. I guess I hit it at the right time. It was a Spirit flight since they are the only airline that goes direct to Myrtle from BDL. I never realized how much hate there is for Spirit, but I didn’t think there was anything wrong with it for a quick hour and a half flight.
My first time on spirit so hope it’s goes as well for me

Reaction Score

The Government will be taking this post down soon, can't have anti Vax news anywhere! LOL

Reaction Score
I’d rather walk to myrtle beach than fly spirit

I’m surprised they don’t charge people for having 2 legs

Reaction Score
I have flown out of and back to Charlotte each of the last nine weeks without issue which statistically is surprising. I'm booked for the next four weeks too so I hope my good run continues. I really haven't seen a lot of delayed or cancelled flights on the board, at least seemingly no more than normal. Some days the security lines are insane. There is a shortage of TSA personnel so definitely get there very early if you don't have pre-check or Clear.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have flown out of and back to Charlotte each of the last nine weeks without issue which statistically is surprising. I'm booked for the next four weeks too so I hope my good run continues. I really haven't seen a lot of delayed or cancelled flights on the board, at least seemingly no more than normal. Some days the security lines are insane. There is shortage of TSA personnel so definitely get there very early if you don't have pre-check or Clear.
They can route over the Atlantic if need be. When flying across the country it’s a different story

Reaction Score
My first time on spirit so hope it’s goes as well for me
Best of luck, but like I said before, its a very quick flight. I timed mine, and It was 1 hour 32 minutes from runway to runway. I was a little nervous and didnt know what to expect since It was my first flight in years, and all the extreme criticism of Spirit made me a little nervous. Bottom line, I would not hesitate to do it again. Getting the rental car in Myrtle was also easy since you just walk across the road from the baggage claim.

I

Reaction Score
I’d rather walk to myrtle beach than fly spirit

I’m surprised they don’t charge people for having 2 legs
I flew on Spirit 18 months ago from BDL to MCO. The roundtrip fare was something like $130. I only had my laptop and a few items in the laptop bag. This too was a short flight around 2.5 hours. I had no complaints when I thought about my fare. You have to pay for everything and the seats are thinner than other airlines but was worth it to me to save money. I normally fly Southwest but not for $130.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I fly Delta for years, never had any problems. Harrisburg-Atlanta-Savannah. Easy. Now all of a sudden, I have had 4 changes to my upcoming flight. It got so bad in email I couldn't understand it. Had to go to the airport and seek help. They were great and admitted my changes were crazy. Of course no answer why. Just roll with it. Since this OVID thing is still rattling people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom