Anyone know the school to which Brianna Banks has transferred? | The Boneyard

Anyone know the school to which Brianna Banks has transferred?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've Googled her to no avail. I've even checked the rosters of Div 1 schools in Georgia,
but it's probably too early for any of them to have updated their rosters to their web sites.

This inquiring mind would like to know where Ms. Banks is going to be playing her red-shirt
senior year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything. But some schools start in only 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
Funny, I was wondering the same thing yesterday and decided to "Google" Brianna Banks", the results were "surprising", won't be doing that again! Glad you asked the ? 2ndcity, she was and will always be one of my favorites. She has the skills and in almost any other program would be an outstanding player. Hope she finds what's she looking for.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Indeed, Ms. Banks shares her name with a star of the adult entertainment industry. So if someone was looking for a reason to google her other than news on where she's transferring, I guess s/he'd receive an ancillary benefit as a result of doing so...

Reaction Score
I heard that she was going to Penn State. I haven't read it anywhere but did hear from a coach and player.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the rumor/info re: Banks possibly at Penn State.

Just checked their 2014-15 roster and no Brianna Banks is listed. So, she's
either not there, or hasn't yet signed her scholarship financial agreement, to
make it official.

I'll keep looking.

Reaction Score
Did she graduate and is she instantly eligible to play?

I doubt that she's graduated yet, but if she's a red-shirt senior on the team, I would
think she'd be listed on their roster as such.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't yet know the name of the institution to which BB has transferred, but at any rate, I commend the OP for not entitling a thread such that it ends with a preposition...

Reaction Score
Penn State is closer to Georgia.

Not by plane.
There are no direct flights from State College to Atlanta (4hr 20 min trip, at minimum), but there are from Bradley (2:30).

I don't care what she does; I wish her well. But it just provides further proof that you can't take what these kids say about transfers at face value. Not that I'm suggesting ill intent. In some cases it's surely the opposite -- they many just give a polite answer.

Reaction Score
Update: As late as June 7th, Jim Fuller wrote that Ms. Banks "has yet to decide which
schools she is planning to visit."

Otherwise, I've got diddly-squat to add.

Reaction Score
Since she will be there for a 5th year I wouldn't be surprised if she was examining schools for their grad programs.

And it's a little early to start criticizing her rumored choice of PSU

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If a serious student, as I assume, then Alydar hits it on the head - the grad program would be very important.

I agree, in general actually, that we have no business knocking any student athlete's choice of school.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There are indeed direct flights from State College to Atlanta. They began in June this year.

LINK

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
It was NOT a criticism.
I did not interpret vowelguy's comments as criticism. I 'liked' his post because I thought he was correct in saying that recruits transferring from schools oftentimes take the high road and tell little white lies so as not to seem bitter or resentful of the school they are leaving. Banks could have said she wanted to transfer somewhere closer to home because she didn't want to seem bitter/selfish about a lack of playing time (or some other reason). It's not deceitful, but rather just sugarcoating. I thought VG was very clear in his post.

Reaction Score
It was NOT a criticism.

I wasn't referring to any post in particular, just the tenor of the thread. But as long as you asked:

"So much for going somewhere "closer to home."

Sorry if I misunderstood your post but I saw a subtle suggestion that she had misled us.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I misunderstood your post but I saw a subtle suggestion that she had misled us.

If she goes to penn st, I'd say that was inconsistent with what she said. There are multiple interpretations of that; you inferred a negative one, but there are others.

Maybe she changed her mind.
Maybe she had a reason she didn't want to discuss and "closer to home" was an easy comment to release to the press.

My point is that we don't know. Nor do we EVER know. And yet all the time, fans post that they know exactly why player X made decision Y because X said this or that. These are kids, and kids we don't know personally.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As was said PSU has a strong Georgia contingent on the team and, yes, there is that weekly direct flight of 1 hr, 58 minutes, numerous ones out of Harrisburg, all are on Delta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak