Anyone know for SURE when our first NCAA game will be? | The Boneyard

Anyone know for SURE when our first NCAA game will be?

Reaction Score
Am getting conflicting findings. One set suggest we do not play until Albany regional. Other set suggests we play before that in first round of 64, perhaps on Mar 22 or 23. Could ALL be wrong. Thank you. News on TV coverage of first games would help as well.

Reaction Score
The 22nd or 23rd at Gampel. Probably the 23rd. Followed by the 24th or 25th. Probably the 25th, also at Gampel. Then on to Albany the following weekend. Of course, as you do know, if one of the teams we play in these games happens to win...well...you know. :(

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Nothing concerning the Tournament is set in stone until the 64 team Tournament reveal on ESPN Monday at 7PM.
Unless there is a leak inside the Committee. :eek:

Reaction Score
The 22nd or 23rd at Gampel. Probably the 23rd. Followed by the 24th or 25th. Probably the 25th, also at Gampel. Then on to Albany the following weekend. Of course, as you do know, if one of the teams we play in these games happens to win...well...you know. :(

JAVA - helpful as always - thank you

Reaction Score
Nothing concerning the Tournament is set in stone until the 64 team Tournament reveal on ESPN Monday at 7PM.
Unless there is a leak inside the Committee. :eek:
;CENT: Appreciated ..will tape the reveal - will be interesting

Reaction Score
As I said in another thread... In calling the UConn ticket office they would not say wether the games would be sat/ mo or Friday /Sunday.. I have tickets to the mens regional in Hartford on Sat, so I suggested Friday/Sunday would make sense so the NCAA does not have conflicting events within miles of each other.. The woman on the phone agreed, but said it was entirely unto the NCAA... I bought the women's tickets the more I thought about It. I did not think they should put two events on the same day... and if they did the would have the times different enough that someone could go to both.. That said my confirmation of buying the tickets said Saturday/Monday.. I has been said here that ESPN would want UConn to play on Sat....

Reaction Score
I heard on the radio broadcast of the AAC championship game Bob Joyce discussing this very issue. He said the Geno was lobbying HARD to be assigned a Friday game so that people would be able to attend all of the NCAA tournament in Connecticut (men's first round Thursday, women's first round Friday, men's second round Saturday, women's second round Sunday). Operating under the assumption that the NCAA wishes to maximize attendance at its events, I think it unlikely that they will ignore the suggestion.

On the other hand, it is well known that ESPN wants us to play in the 11 am block on Saturday. This is because that is the ONLY game time in the entire first round of the tournament where there is only that game playing, so they would be able to show UConn's first round game to the whole country, with no regional coverage (as there are no other games).

So, ladies and gentlemen, we have here the old irresistable force vs. immovable object! Who'll prevail? Stay tuned! :)

Reaction Score
All I can say at this point: 1. More appreciation to those of you who have weighed in on this topic....seems I wasn't quite as dumb as I had thought to be confused about timing 2. Also seems like some lousy and thoughtless planning by the non-powers that be. Hard to tape the games, especially if anyone is going to be out of state/town, without knowing the game times, let alone the DATES.

Reaction Score
The 22nd or 23rd at Gampel. Probably the 23rd. Followed by the 24th or 25th. Probably the 25th, also at Gampel. Then on to Albany the following weekend. Of course, as you do know, if one of the teams we play in these games happens to win...well...you know.:( NOT!!!
Hey @winlots just want to make sure that you saw the finalized tournament schedule for UConn. Our first game will be on Friday, Mar. 22. at 7:00 P.M. (not the 23rd). Second game will be Sunday the 24th - Time to be determined.

Looks like I was wrong again. :mad:

Also, according to the official NCAA bracket [HERE] the game will be on ESPN2.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Friday/Sunday games in Storrs work better because the Albany games are also scheduled for Friday/Sunday.

Reaction Score
Hey @winlots just want to make sure that you saw the finalized tournament schedule for UConn. Our first game will be on Friday, Mar. 22. at 7:00 P.M. (not the 23rd). Second game will be Sunday the 24th - Time to be determined.

JAVA: VERY thoughtful of you to look after "Mr Low Tech" in this fashion. Yes, did hear about the likely and ghastly "whip around" coverage.

Regarding your being wrong again: I keep meticulous records on such matters and they clearly show that your next error, should there be one, will be your very first. So take heart my friend. ( :

.JAVA

Reaction Score
JAVA: Yikes - how did I end up sending you your own message??? What I typed and tried to send was approx: "About you being wrong again, I keep meticulous records on such matters and am able to assure you that, in the unlikely event you ever make another error, it will be your very first. So rest easy my friend." ( :
" And it was VERY kind of you to look after Mr Low Tech in this fashion"
Now let's hope that THIS one reaches you as intended.

Reaction Score

I believe 7 on Friday is correct but a previous thread said 6:30 and now I see 4:30 on my ticket I just printed out??

Reaction Score

JAVA: just want to be sure about something else other that game times: Did you see the couple messages I sent back to you in this thread? I think I misfired on a couple - hope at least one got thru. And, thank you again.

Reaction Score
possible USEFUL news on game times and such for UCONN: Stumbled upon article the Asbury Park Press, of all places, which has what SEEMS to be solid info re stations, times, etc. Go to internet and type in something like Asbury Park Press NCAA womens basketballchampionship dates, times, brackets. Work for ya? Lemme know if problem, and I'll look again and get more precise.

Reaction Score
With whip-around coverage, I will have the game on the computer, so I can continue watching when the move away from UConn. It will happen against the 15th seeded team.

Reaction Score
With whip-around coverage, I will have the game on the computer, so I can continue watching when the move away from UConn. It will happen against the 15th seeded team.
CHRIS: Thanks - if your time permits before the game day, could you explain where you plan to go on the puter...how to get UCONN there?

Reaction Score
First game Rutgers vs Buffalo at 4:30 with UConn game to follow.

Reaction Score
I'm in AZ, so should I be expecting to get 100% ASU vs UCF on the broadcast ESPN2 during what should be whiparound coverage for most states during UConn's Friday game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom