Anyone Hear Diaco on WTIC? | The Boneyard

Anyone Hear Diaco on WTIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I saw UConn Football's twitter account say that Diaco was going to be on WTIC this afternoon but I didn't tune in. Did anyone listen who'd like to give a report, or has the entirety of the BY boycotted Gresh? I imagine it was just to get the word out for the spring game, but maybe HCBD said something notable.

Reaction Score
I caught a little, Diaco was as fired up as usual. Was asked about the usual suspects, mentioned that Obi has incredible ability and likened him to Byron the year that Diaco exclaimed that Byron was the best DB in the county. He said Obi has the same kind of talent.

Asked about the QB situation, mentioned how Bryant is getting healthier and back in shape. His arm strength is getting to where it needs to be. The part that I found most interesting, when asked about the backup QBs and Tyler Davis in particular, he was high on Anderson, but completely brushed passed Davis to talk about walk on Bisack. He said that Bisack had led the team down the field in practice to kick a field goal in the 2 minute drill. Not sure if that is a direct result of Davis' play, or if that was just fresh in his mind.... but knowing Diaco, everything he says is very calculated.

Other than that, he encouraged everyone to come out to Spring Game and interact with the team.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
To add to that, Diaco mentioned some interesting stuff about the OL:

1) He raved about Peart at LT, and said that Levy is mentoring him there.
2) He mentioned that it allows Levy to make the move to OG, where he thinks he can be special.
3) He talked about the return of Crozier being big, and also saying that Vechery could now be used as an OG possibly.

Overall, it was a very positive interview (which is Diaco's M.O., of course!). But I've got good feelings going into that Spring Game Saturday... :cool:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To add to that, Diaco mentioned some interesting stuff about the OL:

1) He raved about Peart at LT, and said that Levy is mentoring him there.
2) He mentioned that it allows Levy to make the move to OG, where he thinks he can be special.
3) He talked about the return of Crozier being big, and also saying that Vechery could now be used as an OG possibly.

Overall, it was a very positive interview (which is Diaco's M.O., of course!). But I've got good feelings going into that Spring Game Saturday... :cool:

An interior three of Levy, Crozier and Rutherford is appealing. Having Hopkins and Vechery as back ups is good too. I'm still concerned about depth at both Tackle positions.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I caught a little, Diaco was as fired up as usual. Was asked about the usual suspects, mentioned that Obi has incredible ability and likened him to Byron the year that Diaco exclaimed that Byron was the best DB in the county. He said Obi has the same kind of talent.

Asked about the QB situation, mentioned how Bryant is getting healthier and back in shape. His arm strength is getting to where it needs to be. The part that I found most interesting, when asked about the backup QBs and Tyler Davis in particular, he was high on Anderson, but completely brushed passed Davis to talk about walk on Bisack. He said that Bisack had led the team down the field in practice to kick a field goal in the 2 minute drill. Not sure if that is a direct result of Davis' play, or if that was just fresh in his mind.... but knowing Diaco, everything he says is very calculated.

Other than that, he encouraged everyone to come out to Spring Game and interact with the team.

Awesome. I'm not surprised about the Tyler Davis thing. I saw him play last week and he looked like he was the #3. Anderson had a couple of solid deep balls and TD was consistently off on down field routes. Who knows, he's still young and the season's still early. I just think Anderson is the clear cut #2 at this point, which begs the question of whether Donovan Williams could have a shot at the #2 spot if he's as talented as advertised? Would hate to burn the redshirt, but if you consider that Anderson wasn't able to beat out Boyle last year to start against Temple, our QB depth is definitely suspect and particularly important because of Shirreffs' style of play

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Awesome. I'm not surprised about the Tyler Davis thing. I saw him play last week and he looked like he was the #3. Anderson had a couple of solid deep balls and TD was consistently off on down field routes. Who knows, he's still young and the season's still early. I just think Anderson is the clear cut #2 at this point, which begs the question of whether Donovan Williams could have a shot at the #2 spot if he's as talented as advertised? Would hate to burn the redshirt, but if you consider that Anderson wasn't able to beat out Boyle last year to start against Temple, our QB depth is definitely suspect and particularly important because of Shirreffs' style of play

Just a guess, but I'd say that Anderson's place on the Temple depth chart had more to do with spending the past few weeks at FB and being a little rusty with his mechanics as opposed to being at a skill deficit when compared to Boyle.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just a guess, but I'd say that Anderson's place on the Temple depth chart had more to do with spending the past few weeks at FB and being a little rusty with his mechanics as opposed to being at a skill deficit when compared to Boyle.

I hear ya, was definitely thinking it could have been so he could fill in at Tommy Myers' spot. Still, I think QB depth has to be a point of focus coming into the year, which is great because it's the first year in a long time where the concern has been QB depth rather than finding a decent starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom