Anyone have video of the phantom third foul on Gilbert? | The Boneyard

Anyone have video of the phantom third foul on Gilbert?

Reaction Score
Radio announcer Crispino said his hand came across (presumably) touching the driver for Al's 3rd foul

Reaction Score

The only thing I see in this is the Nova player jerk his head like he was slapped by a wet mop. He certainly sold it. Conversely I think our players could have sold the chicken wingers Nova was throwing also slapping their arms when they kept constantly touchy/feely while dribbling, like they were blind.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There was a foul on Josh where he just completely composed turned around for a layup and the Nova guy who incidentally was hanging all over him acted like he got shot by a bazooka. Foul on Josh because charges are the best.

I might be mistaken but this call stood out to me

Reaction Score
Gillespie pushes off almost every time he drove on Gilbert.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That foul on Gilbert could of been worst call of year. And crispino awful on radio. Minimal emotion. God - bring joe d back

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
More importantly, I'd like video of every time Collin Gillespie pushed off Gilbert and got away with an offensive foul every single time.
I'd rather not see it again. Once was enough.
(But yeah)

Reaction Score
The only thing I see in this is the Nova player jerk his head like he was slapped by a wet mop. He certainly sold it. Conversely I think our players could have sold the chicken wingers Nova was throwing also slapping their arms when they kept constantly touchy/feely while dribbling, like they were blind.
I find it funny how everyone is freaking out about this and how Gillespie would use his arm to create space. It's like they never watched Kemba and Bazz play here. .

Reaction Score
Wasn't Gaffney also legitimately knocked down on 3 point attempt in first half and there was no whistle?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Wasn't Gaffney also legitimately knocked down on 3 point attempt in first half and there was no whistle?
Got a forearm right to the gut while shooting. It’s fine though because Nova has the “they’re a physical team” identity so it wasn’t a foul it was just good old physical play.

Reaction Score
Got a forearm right to the gut while shooting. It’s fine though because Nova has the “they’re a physical team” identity so it wasn’t a foul it was just good old physical play.
I've complained about this before. I can't stand when the don't call a shooter who is blasted on a supposed box out before he completes his shot and when a ball handler leaves the floor with the ball and the defender slides in for a charge after the player has taken off. I think they are two of the most missed calls in the NCAA right now.

Reaction Score
Radio announcer Crispino said his hand came across (presumably) touching the driver for Al's 3rd foul
If you watch closely, that is the ONLY possibility of contact. The contact, was probably only a graze, that was embellished by the Nova player. The problem with the call is that it is "incidental contact", initiated by the offensive player. Given all the "contact" that goes on in a game, calling THAT, was poor officiating.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
That would be a flop warning too
Honest question for y’all. Would we have won the 2011 national championship with the way games are being called now in regards to offensive fouls and “flops”? I’ve always wondered if Kemba and Shabazz were the reason they instituted that rule. They made a living getting to the line off that head jerking motion. I bet coaches complained to NCAA about it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Honest question for y’all. Would we have won the 2011 national championship with the way games are being called now in regards to offensive fouls and “flops”? I’ve always wondered if Kemba and Shabazz were the reason they instituted that rule. They made a living getting to the line off that head jerking motion. I bet coaches complained to NCAA about it.
That was on actual body contact just wanted to make sure the ref noticed ;) This was insane though. Jerk your head after a potential arm graze?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom