Anyone ever been to a Cincy Game | The Boneyard

Anyone ever been to a Cincy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thinking of making the trek from Chicago, especially if the game could decide the Big East Championship. Anyone ever been to a game there? How are the fans? Anybody know how to sit in the UConn section?

Thanks!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I went to the UConn game at Cincinnati a few years ago myself (also drove from Chicago). You can get tickets through UConn and the UConn Club if you are a donor. You should probably call fairly soon to ensure they don't return the tickets allotment. I sat with about 100 other UConn fans in the UConn Visitors Section (the majority of them were players and coaches family and friends). You will have a few knuckle-head Cincinnati fans who will yell something at you since you are wearing UConn clothes...but just the normal stuff you would get at most any other college game. Most of them are friendly though (although I went to the game when Cincy absolutely destroyed UConn....so off course they were friendly).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I actually really loved UC's campus. You will practically fall into the stadium bowl when you come across it, located directly in the middle of the campus. Great venue, good views from anywhere (because it's so darn small). Fans were fine. Area surrounding the campus isn't the best, but when you are on campus it's nice. Reminded me a lot of Fordham in that respect.

Reaction Score
I have never been at a game in Cinci, but my Son In Law has sky dived into a few games out there for pre game festivities. A couple of years ago, while diving into the stadium at night with pyrotechnics strapped to his team, over 100 calls were made to police about UFO's being spotted.

Reaction Score
Have been to 2 UCONN games at Cinci. The campus is great however as someone noted above, the south side of the campus is adjacent to a somewhat rundown part of town. Fans were great and all seats were good because the stadium only holds (about) 33,000 or so. Met Kickfan (Desi's dad) and the Cullin family and they were a lot of fun. Would definitely recommend you go - especially if it's a day game because Cinci is a fairly easy city to get around in and there's a lot to see and do. Montgomery Inn ribs are perhaps the best you'll ever have. But IMO, skip the Skyline chili.

Reaction Score
I have been two times for a game in cincy, It is noting like tailgating at the rent. since the school is in the city the tailgating is in the parking garage, local lots but overall you really don't tailgate. Nippert has some real character. Make sure to get a picture with the Big O statue.

For dinner this is the best place to go, http://www.montgomeryinn.com/ the best ribs ever, they will actually ship them to you as well. This was Huggins hang out, as well as many cincy athletes. the boat house is on the ohio river and great location to walk after dinner. I personally like the inn. The sports collection in the inn and boat house is great

another nice place is http://www.jeffruby.com/index.php ....my steak was great

Hartford should go to cincy and take some notes how to build a city on a river...

Reaction Score
It's a friendly little place. Stadium is right in the middle of Campus. Stayed at the Campus hotel near the medical center and walked to the game. There's a little downtown, more like a main street, near the campus. When I went (2005?) their was a nice gathering of Ohio UConn alumni, Check the alumni groups and they will probably show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom