Anyone else think of Rip's UDub Buzzer Beater | The Boneyard

Anyone else think of Rip's UDub Buzzer Beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Exactly what I thought of the moment he hit the shot. I was lucky enough to be at both and ended up hugging total strangers both times! I posted the Rip video on another thread earlier.

Reaction Score
Rip needed this years foul rules (as did Jake) on that play vs Washington.........he would've gone to the line instead! On the first shot not the deflection ;)

Reaction Score
There was more drama in Rips shot. If I recall correctly, there were several attempts before Rip hit it. With each one came a deep draw of breath and sense of end (if Washington got control of the rebound). Also, it was a tourney game which really would be the end. Thankfully, Bazz ended it quickly on Monday night. He has the sense of timing and knew it couldn't bounce around again. Got that from 'Scoe.

Reaction Score
I found myself yelling, "Hamilton" in a Sean McDonough voice over and over.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
My one thought during the Hamilton play was that the clock was going to run out. We had two shots and numerous tips before Rip hit the winner, and the play didn't start with much time on the clock.
Remains my favorite single play as a UConn fan.
Also, Bob Bender had the absolute best losing coach reaction shot I've ever seen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There was more drama in Rips shot. If I recall correctly, there were several attempts before Rip hit it. With each one came a deep draw of breath and sense of end (if Washington got control of the rebound). Also, it was a tourney game which really would be the end. Thankfully, Bazz ended it quickly on Monday night. He has the sense of timing and knew it couldn't bounce around again. Got that from 'Scoe.

If you recall one of the 5 greatest plays in uconn history correctly? I can close my eyes and watch this play right now.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yep, Hamilton's buzzer beater is legendary, and hence the commercial. I rate that as second, behind "The Shot".

Reaction Score
A moment I'll never forget, I was only in 9th grade at the time when this happened, and if I remember correctly the game was on late here on the East Coast, so I had to get to bed early (school etc). I woke up at 6am that morning, went into the living room and on the table was a VHS (remember those? :)) and it was only labeled.

"PUT IN VCR AND PRESS PLAY"

And bam it was the last possession of the game, my father was up watched it and taped it, and I'll never forget that feeling that morning watching it with sleep in my eye with "HAMILTON!" being blared through the speakers.

AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog