OT - anyone else rooting for Cuse on Friday? | The Boneyard

OT - anyone else rooting for Cuse on Friday?

Reaction Score
Tough to imagine, I know. But put the rivalry stuff to the side for a second and tell me you want the school that has signed the top three players in next years class to beat the team that had to play a walk-on down the stretch against Michigan State.

I don’t care if K is dirty or clean and I don’t care if he’s a good guy or a bad guy. I’ll pass on watching the guy who used team USA as his farm system win another title with players ESPN recruits for him.

And most importantly they’re a way bigger threat to win the title.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I hate Duke more than Cuse....

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
No.

I don't want Cuse and their gimmick zone defense to get associated as a team that makes tournament runs, even though they didn't belong in the field in the first place.

In recent years in the tourney, Cuse got lucky with some cake-walk match-ups as a result of upsets, while also catching some breaks with decent teams not playing well. If they beat Duke, the impression of them starts to change.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Duke fans dont throw shade our way. They dont even think about us.
Cuse fans are obsessed with us.

UConn fans have to get over this Duke inferiority complex. We ate their lunch when it counted. Twice. They have never been, and never will be an actual rival. It smacks of little man syndrome. We should be better than that.

Cuse can lick my taint.

Reaction Score
I really hate Duke. The gap between my preference between UConn and Duke is smaller than the gap between my preference for Duke versus Cuse.

Reaction Score
If Cuse hadn't just made a run recently I'd root for them. But they did, and continued success cannot be tolerated. Plus if Duke wins, what are they going to get even better players? No lose scenario for us if Duke wins.

Reaction Score
Yes, F Duke...though I will not watch one minute...kinda like watching the Patriots...F Brady too...yeeeee

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Duke fans dont throw shade our way. They dont even think about us.
Cuse fans are obsessed with us.

UConn fans have to get over this Duke inferiority complex. We ate their lunch when it counted. Twice. They have never been, and never will be an actual rival. It smacks of little man syndrome. We should be better than that.

Cuse can lick my taint.
Well put. If we were having this conversation pre-99 its a way different story, but we beat them twice on the biggest stage there is...I just can't get worked up about them like I used to. Same with Kentucky.
Cuse has accomplished nothing, their fans are insufferable, the dome is dump, the stupid t-shirts, the nosepicker, I can go on and on, the program has literally zero redeeming qualities. F them.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I dislike both, but for completely different reasons. I hate 'cuse from our years of battles in the Big East and the intense rivalry that went with it. And when they get caught doing stuff, just like us they get punished. Puke on the other hand is a personal hatred based on them getting a pass every time they cheat (Maggette & Lance Thomas to name a couple) and now the sham I'm hearing with Nike apparently paying Bagley's family big bucks as the head of an AAU team. I can't root for cheaters who prosper.
Nose Picker > Rate Face.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well put. If we were having this conversation pre-99 its a way different story, but we beat them twice on the biggest stage there is...I just can't get worked up about them like I used to. Same with Kentucky.
Cuse has accomplished nothing, their fans are insufferable, the dome is dump, the stupid t-shirts, the nosepicker, I can go on and on, the program has literally zero redeeming qualities. F them.

I mean K is a ratface and they have the most punchable player in college hoops every year no matter what the year, but still.....................

Syracuse. The.Worst. Ever.

Lets flip the script for a second.

Do you think that if UConn played North Carlolina that Duke fans would ever even entertain the notion of rooting for North Carolina over UConn? Not one single Duke fan would do that and they would laugh at you for even thinking it.
So why would any UConn fan root for the worst program in basketball history just because they are playing Duke? makes no sense.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
no way... cuse doesnt deserve to be in the tourney. this is the second time this has happened and only feeds their ego.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Grayson Allen to trip Boheim while he is 2 knuckles deep in to his left nostril. GMac then smashes a folding chair over Baby Ted Cruz's back. Double Disqualification!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I will hold my nose (not pick it) and hope Duke wins or some natural phenomena develops and wipes both teams off the face of the earth.
There is no team I want to see lose to Duke but Cuse
They don't belong and when they do they need a one and done or all the ranked teams to lose or play their worst game against them to advance
I am positive I will watch another game or a rerun of Family Feud than lend my eyes and ears to either team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom