Anyone Else Remember This? | The Boneyard

Anyone Else Remember This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone else remember a few years back (prior to IMG coming in) when 1080/UConn Radio Network had a post game show you could call into on the way home from games from the car? Kevin Nathan hosted it right after the wrap up from the booth w/ Joe D. & Wyane. I remember it being pretty great and especially right after a loss it was nice to call in and talk w/ Kevin and get his opinon on things.

I can't even imagine the kind of calls that show would get nowadays...

Reaction Score
Anyone else remember a few years back (prior to IMG coming in) when 1080/UConn Radio Network had a post game show you could call into on the way home from games from the car? Kevin Nathan hosted it right after the wrap up from the booth w/ Joe D. & Wyane. I remember it being pretty great and especially right after a loss it was nice to call in and talk w/ Kevin and get his opinon on things.

I remember vividly listening to that show on my way back to Port Chester until the reception on 1080 went out..usually around Milford on the Merritt. My take on that show...Kevin nathan treated pretty much every caller with disdain and arrogantly told them that they didn't know 1 thing about the game of football. I always thought Nathan was a decent guy then I listened to that show.....now I think he's a arrogant and could care less what his view of anything is..just like Joe D.

Reaction Score
I actually called TIC after a game this year and the kid laughed at me when I asked about the call in. Told me to call Joe D and Gresh on Monday. He didn't appreciate it when I asked what was a good time to do that. Asked him "after which traffic and weather together"

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
While I know the majority of fans are off the Joe D. bus, and Gresh is whatever, at least we have a drive-time sports talk show in the market that covers UConn football. Rob Dibble over at ESPN hardly even ever mentions UConn, nevermind the Football program. I personally am so fustrated as a UConn fan that we hardly even have local radio that talk about this team.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Anyone else remember this?

lloyd.jpg

I miss being proud of the program.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
While I know the majority of fans are off the Joe D. bus, and Gresh is whatever, at least we have a drive-time sports talk show in the market that covers UConn football. Rob Dibble over at ESPN hardly even ever mentions UConn, nevermind the Football program. I personally am so fustrated as a UConn fan that we hardly even have local radio that talk about this team.
Dibble has had quite a few UConn people on. Was very high on the team in August then the season happened.

Reaction Score

They don't even have a postgame show on AM radio anymore? I find that hard to believe.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The football and hoops Post-game shows always waste 15 minutes of time playing back Joe D's call of the highlights. Who cares about that?

Reaction Score
Dibble has had quite a few UConn people on. Was very high on the team in August then the season happened.

Dibble's show is beyond terrible, but he does give UConn a solid amount of attention.

Reaction Score

Yes I remember callers ripping into Edsall when we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom