Anyone else notice how much ESPN is praising UConn? | The Boneyard

Anyone else notice how much ESPN is praising UConn?

Reaction Score
ESPN has seemed to ignore or deride UConn for years and years. Especially since they left the AAC. it felt like radio silence. So I've been pretty surprised to see all the UConn love again. Danny Hurley on First Take really got me thinking.... is ESPN going after UConn for conference realignment? We think it's the leagues, but it's the TV partners driving it. And with the Big East up for renewal, it would seem an opportune time for ESPN to remove a valuable piece from Fox to add to its Big 12 or ACC portfolio.

Nothing ESPN ever does is by coincidence...so I'm sensing something is up. Or maybe it's wishful thinking as a UConn football fan to get us back in a real league.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here’s my theory - you might want to sit down for this.

ESPN is praising UConn now after many years of not doing so because….UConn is actually good this year and we were not for the past several years. Like, last year, they did not talk about us in the lead up to the Sweet 16 because we were not in the Sweet 16.

Boom.

The fog lifts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ESPN is CT based, they cannot ignore us when we are winning. I don't see anything "special" in the attention....wish I did, but I don't see it as particularly lavish or foretelling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom