Anyone Else Have This Problem | The Boneyard

Anyone Else Have This Problem

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone else have this problem. After the first NC I bought 99 UConn championship stuff. Wore them so much they definitely showed their wear that same year.

When we won in 2004 I bought more championship stuff. After looking at my 99 stuff I decided I’d only wear the 2004 stuff on special occasions. However when those occasions came up I’d see my 99 stuff and, thinking 2004 might be our last championship, I couldn’t get myself to wear them. Instead I decided I’m keeping the 2004 stuff pristine to be buried in.

So 2011 rolls around and I buy more stuff. Once again I can’t get myself to wear it. Why? Because I look at my 2004 stuff and my 1999 stuff and decided I liked the looks of my 2004 stuff a lot more. The same thing happened with my 2014 stuff, my 2023 stuff and I’m sure I’ll have the same problem with the 2024 stuff that I ordered.

Now it’s not 100% as I’ve described. I occasionally forced myself to wear some of the stuff from other championship years. But the vast majority of my championship stuff is pristine.

One last thing. For this championship run I didn’t declare my mojo superstition. The first thing was not to let anyone know my mojo routine. The second was not to come to this forum and have any conversations about the games. That was more painful than the neuralgia I suffered from the bout of shingles that occurred during this run.

It was a 180 from the “This is the way!" and the "I have spoken!” bit I did last year. The third thing was I decided to wear the 99 final four t-shirt. Wore that sucker every day for three weeks. Wouldn’t wash it. Sprayed the pits of the shirt with underarm deodorant when needed. After all I was so sick I was home bound the entire run. My wife, bless her heart, accepted this choice (from a distance plus a reminder “for better or worse”).

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. That shirt was the reason for number six. Not dragon underwear. Definitely not Taylor Swift.

And that led to a change of plans. When I die I want to be buried naked except for that t-shirt and a 99 championship cap covering my privates. Old and well worn is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Anyone else have this problem. After the first NC I bought 99 UConn championship stuff. Wore them so much they definitely showed their wear that same year.

When we won in 2004 I bought more championship stuff. After looking at my 99 stuff I decided I’d only wear the 2004 stuff on special occasions. However when those occasions came up I’d see my 99 stuff and, thinking 2004 might be our last championship, I couldn’t get myself to wear them. Instead I decided I’m keeping the 2004 stuff pristine to be buried in.

So 2011 rolls around and I buy more stuff. Once again I can’t get myself to wear it. Why? Because I look at my 2004 stuff and my 1999 stuff and decided I liked the looks of my 2004 stuff a lot more. The same thing happened with my 2014 stuff, my 2023 stuff and I’m sure I’ll have the same problem with the 2024 stuff that I ordered.

Now it’s not 100% as I’ve described. I occasionally forced myself to wear some of the stuff from other championship years. But the vast majority of my championship stuff is pristine.

One last thing. For this championship run I didn’t declare my mojo superstition. The first thing was not to let anyone know my mojo routine. The second was not to come to this forum and have any conversations about the games. That was more painful than the neuralgia I suffered from the bout of shingles that occurred during this run.

It was a 180 from the “This is the way!" and the "I have spoken!” bit I did last year. The third thing was I decided to wear the 99 final four t-shirt. Wore that sucker every day for three weeks. Wouldn’t wash it. Sprayed the pits of the shirt with underarm deodorant when needed. After all I was so sick I was home bound the entire run. My wife, bless her heart, accepted this choice (from a distance plus a reminder “for better or worse”).

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. That shirt was the reason for number six. Not dragon underwear. Definitely not Taylor Swift.

And that led to a change of plans. When I die I want to be buried naked except for that t-shirt and a 99 championship cap covering my privates. Old and well worn is a good thing.
Open casket?

Reaction Score

Maybe we can he buried together...and no, I didn't experience that.

Reaction Score
Wash your championship gear inside out to protect the decals and wear it only on special occasions to maximize it's life. I have a Chris Smith jersey I got in 1990 that has only slight letter cracking. 34 years.

Reaction Score
Right near the end of the first half of the San Diego St game, Clingan picked up his second foul. I was infuriated. I Threw my bottle of water against the couch and went upstairs for halftime (i always went upstairs during halftime). We were up by either 4 or 6, and i was sure it wasn't enough.
I changed from one of my 2023 champs t-shirts to a different 2023 champs t-shirt.
We won by 30.
At halftime of every other game, Illinois, Alabama, Purdue, i went upstairs at halftime and changed into that same 2023 champs t-shirt. And each time the lead ballooned in the 2nd half.
This title was obviously all me.

Reaction Score
I don’t buy championship gear. I just buy more UConn gear all the time. I like the clean look with just the current logo or UCONN on it. I’ve always thought a lot of title gear is tacky. I don’t really like when I see fans wearing old gear from other schools, so I figure I shouldn’t wear it either. Wearing a 2004 tshirt seems ridiculous unless you are painting or changing the oil. So, I support you keeping title gear pristine and collectible. I think it’s a better use.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Right near the end of the first half of the San Diego St game, Clingan picked up his second foul. I was infuriated. I Threw my bottle of water against the couch and went upstairs for halftime (i always went upstairs during halftime). We were up by either 4 or 6, and i was sure it wasn't enough.
I changed from one of my 2023 champs t-shirts to a different 2023 champs t-shirt.
We won by 30.
At halftime of every other game, Illinois, Alabama, Purdue, i went upstairs at halftime and changed into that same 2023 champs t-shirt. And each time the lead ballooned in the 2nd half.
Without a doubt incontrovertible evidence of mojo. Are you planning on continuing the streak when the season opens or is this reserved for tournaments?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We won by 30.
Thank You For Your Service GIF by Hyper RPG

Reaction Score
...When I die I want to be buried naked except for that t-shirt and a 99 championship cap covering my privates. Old and well worn is a good thing.
That's a good decision. All attending will thank you.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nope, no problems, all smiles and a tad bit giddy

I don't even care to debate who has a better program. I just smile, words not needed. C'mon man

Reaction Score

WINNING!

Reaction Score
I wear all of my shirts quite a bit, especially during the season (and the champ shirts afterward ;)). The 1999 shirt is showing it's age. It's been fading in the Florida sun and starting to get those small holes.

UConn 4 Champ Tees 040523.jpg

Reaction Score
Without a doubt incontrovertible evidence of mojo. Are you planning on continuing the streak when the season opens or is this reserved for tournaments?
I've thought about this. I don't know if this is just a single-elimination thing, or if it needs to carry over to regular seasons.
One thing about these particular games was that we were winning at halftime, but only by a few points. Maybe that should be the criteria.

Reaction Score
This year and last I slept every nite after the Elite 8 Final in one of my short sleeve Natty shirts, including the nites of winning #s 5 & 6.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not reading any of this out of fear it has to do with ED and blue pills.

Reaction Score

Not in any rush for this but I hope, when you are buried you’ll be wearing at least 15 tee shirts.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I still own and wear a '99 fleece shirt, and the old Boneyard hooded sweatshirt that I'm pretty sure is older than that! The latter looks pretty ratty. But ratty in a good way.
My '99 Tee Shirt on the other hand, didn't make it through its first summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom