Anyone Else getting an Invite to the Big East or Who should? | The Boneyard

Anyone Else getting an Invite to the Big East or Who should?

Reaction Score
Maybe it opens the gate for other non Catholic schools and an opportunity to further upgrade the BE. I understand the football is limiting to some schools like Cincy but what if the American allows them and us to stay in football?

Reaction Score
Maybe it opens the gate for other non Catholic schools and an opportunity to further upgrade the BE. I understand the football is limiting to some schools like Cincy but what if the American allows them and us to stay in football?

Cincy is very happy where they are .......you know with all of the winning they have been doing. They did this thing called hiring good coaches and not wallowing in self pity.

They embraced the AAC and turned it into a positive while we shiite all over ourselves.

Reaction Score
Cincy is very happy where they are ..you know with all of the winning they have been doing. They did this thing called hiring good coaches and not wallowing in self pity.

Correct. And Cincy will eventually end up in a P5 conference. Meanwhile, for UConn, it's back to the Yankee Conference. Maybe Vermont and BU will revive their programs.

Reaction Score
Cincy is very happy where they are ..you know with all of the winning they have been doing. They did this thing called hiring good coaches and not wallowing in self pity.

They embraced the AAC and turned it into a positive while we shiite all over ourselves.
It's possible that the AAC isn't a bad conference for everyone, but is a bad conference for us. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Reaction Score
Correct. And Cincy will eventually end up in a P5 conference. Meanwhile, for UConn, it's back to the Yankee Conference. Maybe Vermont and BU will revive their programs.
They’ve been better at football but who knows in several years we could get an invite, and if not so what? We’ll recruit well and be competitive as Nova has been from the BE.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The Uconn P5 invite will never happen. We aren’t any less likely to receive a P5 invite eventually in the Big East and Indy football anyway.

Reaction Score

Like Houston, Temple, UCF, Memphis, and USF, as well? Must be the fact they have low academic standards. The trips must be so long when jets fly 500 mph.

Reaction Score
The Uconn P5 invite will never happen. We aren’t any less likely to receive a P5 invite eventually in the Big East and Indy football anyway.
People like you are why we sink after things don't go our way. Excellent. And you are totally wrong. Remember Roy Kramer said we have an SEC-like fanbase? We do. Except we have so many emo fans.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The AAC already announced no on staying in FB.

Butler would be a good non-Catholic addition.

Reaction Score
Like Houston, Temple, UCF, Memphis, and USF, as well? Must be the fact they have low academic standards. The trips must be so long when jets fly 500 mph.

attitude and outlook mean so much in life as does leadership.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
attitude and outlook mean so much in life as does leadership.

yeah the leadership that loved the aac and brought in Tulsa and Tulane was really bad.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's possible that the AAC isn't a bad conference for everyone, but is a bad conference for us. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.
Because sometimes a quick fix hurts worse down the road
There are pros and cons for this proposed move and there always will be
Love it right now for basketball and soccer
I just see lot of downside for the athletic program as a whole as well as financially for the university in the future

Reaction Score
I just see lot of downside for the athletic program as a whole as well as financially for the university in the future
Even though I very much support this move, I acknowledge there is downside. If it was 100% guaranteed to work we would have done it years ago. I know the original post I responded to wasn't yours, but I just can't take AAC proponents citing another team's success in the AAC as evidence that the conference somehow wasn't bad for us.

Reaction Score
You're both right. Our athletic programs will suffer, but hoops & soccer have a chance to get back to where they were. And they (FH is still in BE) are the identity of the school. Praying Edsall can maneuver the program to relevancy.

Reaction Score
One of the positives in this move is it will let UConn show how much value they have. We will single handedly pull up the value of the Big East tv contract. We will increase viewer rating of FS1. It’ll be a great show of numbers to the P5 and anyone who is paying attention.

I still think long term this move might be digging our own grave, but I’ll enjoy the basketball in the short term. Hell, maybe this will go on so long that some day in the future basketball will be driving the bus instead of football...we can all dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom