Anyone catch Pam Ward's comment about Caroline... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone catch Pam Ward's comment about Caroline...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were good signs from several players last night. However, I like to judge the quality of a player as well as that player's improvement by looking at who the competition is.
We all saw the team members when they were up against Baylor and Notre Dame. We all saw who performed, and who didn't.
The last game of the regular season schedule will be with ND at the XL Center. This game should be huge as far as what players have picked it up, and if the team, as a whole, is ready for the NCAA tourney.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
And I repeat: that's its the second year back that players return to their true potential. Patience!

Reaction Score
Those 8 points mattered a lot when we only scored about 25 points in the half. They also happened to be big shots, and all in the second half. And, you know, Uconn won..

If we had won against Notre Dame, my guess is Tiff would have been considered "coming up big."

UConn scored 41 points in the second half of that national championship game against Stanford. Of Carolines's 3 second- half field goals, only her first one, the layup at the end of the shot clock putting UConn up 29-22, would qualify as a big shot. UConn had the game well in hand boefore Caroline hit consecutive three pointers 3 minutes apart late in the game. Her first three pointer, with less than six minutes to play, put UConn up 44-29. The next one made the score 47-31.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Do you think that is a strength or weakness for this club? I think strength having so many that can bring the ball down, set up the offense and make good passes.

Given the make up of the team I think it's a strength. With a different team that wasn't so guard oriented, maybe not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom