Anyone been to SMU? | The Boneyard

Anyone been to SMU?

Reaction Score
I’m thinking of flying down for the game next weekend and trying to figure out tickets. Is GA basically the best option? Seems like the reserved tickets are corners and GA at least let’s you get your choice of seats almost anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Smallish arena, 7k capacity. Would be shocked, if there’s more than a couple thousand in attendance.
The entire lower level looks to be resv @$40. I would estimate than 80% of the seating is GA. Just arrive early and you’ll get close in GA

Reaction Score
I’m thinking of flying down for the game next weekend and trying to figure out tickets. Is GA basically the best option? Seems like the reserved tickets are corners and GA at least let’s you get your choice of seats almost anywhere else.
Yeah, been there a couple of times, and GA is OK. We'll be there, in corner seats, right down by the UConn bench. Honestly, I don't expect much of a game -- SMU is a bit below W.State, so it'll be a blow-out. Don't care, since it'll be the last time UConn will play here.

You can expect maybe 4,000 or so in attendance, about half will be UConn fans.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Might be a good idea to check last year's attendance figuires and the capacity of the venue.

Reaction Score
I went to the SMU women's game two years ago. I am fairly certain (though not 100%) we had GA seating. But I am not sure it would have mattered. The game was sparsely attended in light that it was a record-breaking 91st consecutive win.

You will be able to sit close to the UConn bench either way.

Btw:. My wife and I are hosting a UConn-sponsored pre-game at the Barley House pub right off the SMU campus for that game. Reach out or the alumni relations (Josh Proulx) for tickets.

Reaction Score
Have sat in General Admission seats for several years and always could get directly behind the UConn bench in GA level with good views. While in Upper Level/GA seating, you are still relatively close to floor. Enjoyed the arena - good parking, convenient to several good restaurants, Bush Museum 100+ yards away, etc. Only advice is if you want to sit behind the Huskie bench, get there a bit early. Likely no more than 50% full but Dallas has a lot of UConn fans that want to see the team and the area behind the bench tends to fill.

Reaction Score
I’ll be there for work all of January and was thinking of going to the game as the campus is only 5 minutes from my apartment there. Should be a drubbing!

Reaction Score
I have also attended a game at this location. Open seating in the GA seats. I also never had a hard time getting good seats. Very nice, just renovated a couple of years ago. As stated above, good places to dine in the area. Just remember the time difference, they are one hour behind us Connecticut folks.

Reaction Score
If you’re flying in for the game, it’s most convenient to fly in to Love Field which is really close to the SMU campus.

Reaction Score
I played tennis on the SMU campus during a cross-country road trip from NJ to CA in 1976. Not sure that will help you... :)

Reaction Score
If you’re flying in for the game, it’s most convenient to fly in to Love Field which is really close to the SMU campus.
TylerTX is spot on. Love Field is around the corner. It is the major Southwest hub which is good for CT travelers

Reaction Score
We had disability seats for the record game (mentioned above) and they were amazing. Not only did we have a great view, but we had a counter to lean against. They reminded me of media seats. Could not have been better. Also a really nice campus, though as I recall, a bit tricky for first-timers to navigate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom