anybody see R Lagow's UCONN offer letter... | The Boneyard

anybody see R Lagow's UCONN offer letter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...on twitter? With that big puppy dog photo on the left. Big red tongue hanging out. U have got to be Sugar Honey Iced Tea'ing me bro. We send that official offer with that type of letterhead to football recruits? IMO helps recruits view us as a back up plan. Or more of a back up to a back up plan. Image, from documents we send to potential recruits to coaches to faciities to campus life, is everything. If you're a high 3 star or a 4 star verbal to UCONN football and any other BCS program puts out an offer last minute (and u actually were seriously interested in that school b4 but they didn't have a spot for u but all of a sudden do) , u get official offer letter. Now uplace UCONN's official offer withe big elementary school looking puppy dog aking up half the page and you put that other offer letter next to it, what do you do?

Me thinks we shoulld update our official letters is all I'm saying. Awful job by our athletic dept to send that out to potential football recruits. BCS football is now akin to corporate America. Image is everything even down to the letterhead. For Christ sakes I'd rather see them send a letter with the official UCONN. You know, like the alumni letters we get in the mail?

Reaction Score
Was an honest mistake by ktuck. I'm sure he's even getting a good laugh over this.

Reaction Score
am i the only one baffled by the "honey sugar iced tea" comment? what the heck does that mean? i miss when slang made things shorter

Reaction Score
Your grammar is worse than that image. By far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

When you are typing to get a point across on a crappy motorola Blur to get your point across because it's in your head at that time grammar comes out crappy... I tried to update it but the screen stuck when I went into edit mode so I gave up...

Still, the crappy letterhead we send to kids offering them a scholly to play football at UCONN is a travesty.....

Reaction Score
When you are typing to get a point across on a crappy motorola Blur to get your point across because it's in your head at that time grammar comes out crappy... I tried to update it but the screen stuck when I went into edit mode so I gave up...

Still, the crappy letterhead we send to kids offering them a scholly to play football at UCONN is a travesty.....

OK....I take that you are aware that the big puppy on the left was inserted by Lagow. That being said, what the heck is wrong with the letter head?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
OK....I take that you are aware that the big puppy on the left was inserted by Lagow. That being said, what the heck is wrong with the letter head?

So much for KTuck getting a good laugh from this now...:eek:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im not a fan of our letters either ktuck. i have seen them before when kids take pics. i don't like the "Cinside". they are the most grown up of all hs kids, not 3rd graders. i have also argued that "connecticut should be all caps and the o should be the sate instead of a O like Bama has. but thats nit picky .

Reaction Score

I feel your pain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It is my understanding that FHCRE designed the letter head. And if I had any ability to photoshop, I would post a fake Maryland letter which you would all find very funny. Instead, you'll have to use your imagination.

Reaction Score
You mixed up the words, but if you take the the first letter of each word...

my god i feel dense right now. he even capitalized the letters. i feel dumber, but less old as a result of this. i thought it was some kind of slang i didn't even bother trying to translate. i still miss when slang made things shorter and i stand by that

Reaction Score
my god i feel dense right now. he even capitalized the letters. i feel dumber, but less old as a result of this. i thought it was some kind of slang i didn't even bother trying to translate. i still miss when slang made things shorter and i stand by that

Here's some slang.... L.I.G. it.... Let It Go.... This s an old thread...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It could be better, I suspect the look of our letterhead is pretty low on the priority lists for our athletes.

Reaction Score
Follow-up to the whole "Want a TCU offer" stuff is an interview by Des C. with Lagow

“That’s kind of confusing because when I got first interviewed about that it didn’t really get worded like I said it and then it kind of spread like wildfire,” Lagow said. “The guy asked me, ‘Are you UConn or are you looking for something else?’ and what I told him was ‘I’m completely, 100 percent UConn right now and I said the only thing that could make me think about changing my decision is if I got an offer from a local team that’s in a good conference’. Obviously that narrows it down to TCU and SMU. He asked me ‘which schools’ and I said, ‘Well, TCU and SMU are in great conferences. If I got offered from one of those schools I’d look it and think about it because it’s close to home, great conference and if it was a great place to fit in I might look at it’
“When it first got written it was like ‘If TCU offers, this kid is going’ and that certainly is not how it is.”

pj

Reaction Score
Thanks Santini. I got into it in the comment section a little.

Reaction Score
If we are almost on par with TCU and SMU in Texas, we are doing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom