Anybody know when the new UCONN athletics look ... | The Boneyard

Anybody know when the new UCONN athletics look ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.. gets revealed? Inquiring minds would like to know...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
.. gets revealed? Inquiring minds would like to know...

If it is not announced in connection with a new conference, then the optics of the thing are terrible. It would essentially read: "Here is our new look to go along with our spot in the college sports hierarchy." Honestly, they better be holding off any release at this point.

Which leads me to an interesting thought - to what extent do IMG and Nike get involved in conference realignment on our behalf? Both have made significant investment in the university which is going to be negatively impacted by this new structure? Or are they making so much elsewhere they let us die?

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly I think someone who works at UConn mentioned mid-April in another thread? Maybe they are unveiled at the spring game? What date is that? Regardless, I'm dying to see it...we need any and all positive news coming our way. Also have my fingers crossed for a third uni!

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly I think someone who works at UConn mentioned mid-April in another thread? Maybe they are unveiled at the spring game? What date is that? Regardless, I'm dying to see it...we need any and all positive news coming our way. Also have my fingers crossed for a third uni!
Spring Game is April 20th.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Nike re-branding for Oregon State was leaked a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was alright.

So as soon as something gets mocked up on a shirt, you'd better believe it'll find its way onto twitter somehow.
ruha4uvy.jpg

Reaction Score
Nike has done incredible work with Oregon, Oregon State and Arizona State.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Nike re-branding for Oregon State was leaked a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was alright.

So as soon as something gets mocked up on a shirt, you'd better believe it'll find its way onto twitter somehow.
ruha4uvy.jpg
Why do I get the feeling that someone just took a cardinal template and drew a beaver into the outline (after turning the background orange)

Reaction Score
The Husky as it is right now is very recognizable. Every knows it as the UConn Husky. When ESPN mistakenly put our logo next to Duke's people instantly laughed and said, the Duke Huskies!

I would not change the logo, especially now. The logo is associated with 3 basketball championships.

Reaction Score
The Husky as it is right now is very recognizable. Every knows it as the UConn Husky. When ESPN mistakenly put our logo next to Duke's people instantly laughed and said, the Duke Huskies!

I would not change the logo, especially now. The logo is associated with 3 basketball championships.

As long as we are recognized as a whole as UCONN that's most important imo. One sport known as UCONN and the other simply Connecticut had us all over the place. This might sound a bit formula but, "one band one sound" ( from the movie Drumline) makes too much sense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom