Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i hope she is happy in her choice but i no longer want her here either. Certain things are red flags to me so i hope we part ways amicably.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It's like staring out your watch after your date hasn't shown up on time for an evening you were really, really, really looking forward to.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Geno hasn't backed off... so why sound UConn fans. I thought it was "In Geno We Trust"
The problem with the premise you and I have had about MW is: If she needs this kind of stroking or is all about ME--she isn't a typical UConn type kid. Can Geno just say --ego or no--she's a tremendous talent????????????? Big ego/confidence is good.

No where in the original posting by ME did I say Geno would back off--I asked a question---does he see her differently than many do--as a ME type. ---and yes---IN GENO I TRUST--THAT HAS NOT CHANGED...THAT IMPLICIT IN THE ORIGINAL POST.

Reaction Score
This is getting weird. I'm beginning to ask myself, do none of us have a life (me included)? Megan's waiting to make a decision is completely reasonable. People make decisions differently. Some have great difficulty, fearing they will make the wrong choice ("P's" on the Meyers-Briggs). Maybe she's like that. She said she is confused. I disagree with those who think this shows that she is too full of herself. She's probably just agonizing. Or else (my theory), she is waiting to see what some other player or players do, maybe Westbrook, or whoever. I know those little highlight tapes don't tell you much, but comparing hers and Westbrook's, I think Westbrook looks like the better player. If she is waiting for Westbrook, I have a feeling it would be so she can go to a different program. I don't assume they want to play together, just because they were at ND at the same time and had a cool picture made together. Although MW is probably great, I'm just doubting that her abilities are worth the emotion we are putting in to this. It is fun to a point, then it just gets to feel like a weird obsession.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks for adding to the obsession

its the off-season and not much of anything else is going on other than UConn being in the hunt for another #1 player.

We get swayed away from the thread for a moment then we come right back... after a tweet, its fun and cool at the same damn time

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
I would love to see MW at Uconn. I would love to see where all her hard work in that system places her among some of the best wbb players to play the game played. While it's tough to wait, I really think she should taker her time to make the right choice for herself.

Most of the comments here are coming from many who have wanted her to go to Uconn all the long. But just like she mentioned she was confused after visting the other schools, you have to agree after reading the interviews she had - doubt can also creep in with fans about the fit.

But we have to remember those are just sound bites. She really got to know what Uconn was all about, no doubt. And Geno got to know her and her family.

I still think she is the type of person and player we thought she was, but this is her decision and unfortunately the longer the wait the more it wears on you. So at some point you feel the need to move your focus elsewhere.

I'd love to see MW at Uconn because I know what it will do for her and the team and coaches. I want to witness her development as a person and a player under the greatest coach in the game.

She'll be a great player no matter where she goes, but she'll exceed what she thought she could achieve at Uconn. There is no building a brand at Uconn, you are the brand. And all the things that come with playing at Uconn, and what you put into it are so apparent that you don't even realize it but every practice, every assist, every rebound, every smart pass, every time your teammates show that they trust you - you are showing the world who you are. That's your brand.

It's not a well designed logo or a well placed icon on a shirt. I have been in marketing for over 20 years and a lot of companies with large budgets and nice logos would find themselves losing market share to smaller companies than they, that had real brands.

Companies that had strict standards, took care of their customers, invested in their employees and produced a product that people enjoyed. The larger companies would take shortcuts and spend a lot on fancy marketing trying to tell people what the brand stood for - but under the hood they had a subpar product, treated their employees like their never mattered and cut costs to the point that everyone suffered. They would spend millions trying to convince the world what they stood for, but they did not measure up.

It's not what you tell people about you it's what you show people. It's what they see, what their experience is with you.

I'm a Uconn fan and I want MW to go to Uconn. But if she doesn't I'll still follow her development and root for her... but I'll always wonder what if....

Reaction Score
Spent some time away from this board and return to find this thread going strong! :eek:
I really have no problem with HS kids taking there time with what is the most momentous decision of their life up to this point. It is HUGE, and making it before you are ready is a recipe for disappointment. She and her family and coaches are taking their time - with some recruits it seems they are reveling in the attentions and 'suspense' they generate and that sort of turns me off. In this case it just seems to be part of her process and she and the family are keeping a very low profile - as others say - it is we who are creating the circus, not them.

On the pick-up games that get played by almost all recruits at almost all the schools there are very strict guidelines, but visits (official and unofficial) are two way processes - the school is putting on it's 'dog and pony' show for the recruit, but they are also evaluating the recruit and the recruit's family (support staff) in relation to current and committed recruits. At Uconn specifically, but I am sure at every other school as well, the coaching staff solicits feedback from their players which includes everything that happens during the visit including any pick-up games played. I believe Geno has been reported in the past saying that at least one recruit was 'dropped' based on feedback from his players.

As always--intelligent and precise.
For both the Recruit and Family and Geno and his Coaching family---a match (does not have to be perfect) is made for compatibility.
Geno speaks of some recruits (after they are aboard) as a Uconn kind of kid--if I'm not mistake--he said that about Molly.
Did you get to Franconia (sp) notch/? You had near perfect weather for leaf peaking.

Reaction Score
Uhhhhhhh, yeah. No matter which program she decides to verbal to, I would guess that each person that "regularly" clicked onto this thread to see what the latest status of MW was/is, will have a response, and thus post a comment. No doubt that thread will be the most interesting read for us for the next 24 hours after that.

When she commits--to whomever it may be---it shall be anti-climatic !!!

Reaction Score
Megan W owes the Boneyard fans absolutely nothing. This decision is between MW and Geno... and her parents. How can thoughtful reflection and an open mind offend fans? If Geno and CD haven't expressed any lost interest, the Kid is worth the wait. Done! boom!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is getting weird. I'm beginning to ask myself, do none of us have a life (me included)? Megan's waiting to make a decision is completely reasonable. People make decisions differently. Some have great difficulty, fearing they will make the wrong choice ("P's" on the Meyers-Briggs). Maybe she's like that. She said she is confused. I disagree with those who think this shows that she is too full of herself. She's probably just agonizing. Or else (my theory), she is waiting to see what some other player or players do, maybe Westbrook, or whoever. I know those little highlight tapes don't tell you much, but comparing hers and Westbrook's, I think Westbrook looks like the better player. If she is waiting for Westbrook, I have a feeling it would be so she can go to a different program. I don't assume they want to play together, just because they were at ND at the same time and had a cool picture made together. Although MW is probably great, I'm just doubting that her abilities are worth the emotion we are putting in to this. It is fun to a point, then it just gets to feel like a weird obsession.

This MW phenomena is phenomenal. Some of us have been pining over her anticipated decision for weeks now. No one likes to be kept waiting. I have to laugh at some of the comments that have been posted here the last several weeks. Some have made me LOL. Some have given up on her. One poster called this a "circus". A few no longer want her to come to UConn, while others still very much want her, and are still hoping and believing she's coming to Storrs.

The number of views on this thread tell you how interested some UConn fans are in her decision. Numbers don't lie. I'll admit to logging here on several times throughout the day hoping/expecting to see that she's announced her intentions, and that she's coming to UConn. Like it or not, She's a very highly coveted recruit. Geno and staff want her badly. I guarantee you they haven't given up on her yet.

Until I see/hear other wise, I'm not throwing in the towel either. I've been in it this long, I can wait her out. I've hunkered down. I can wait as long as she can, and I'm keeping a "positive" attitude. :) Wherever she decides to go, it will be a decision that was arrived at by her and her parents. If she chooses to go elsewhere, I'll wish her the best, and move on. I pause to reflect on something Geno tells his potential recruits, "We're going to win with or without you". To me, that's a very sobering and comforting thought. Peace be still. :)

Reaction Score
Megan W owes the Boneyard fans absolutely nothing. This decision is between MW and Geno... and her parents. How can thoughtful reflection and an open mind offend fans? If Geno and CD haven't expressed any lost interest, the Kid is worth the wait. Done! boom!

Personally I think the whole world owes the Boneyard fans a lot!!!!:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How do you know he hasn't? I haven't seen evidence either way.

My speculation remains the same. She is waiting to signing day so she can have a big, televised, spectacle. Maybe she will do the "pick the hat" thing. Whatever. I would be shocked if Geno hasn't told her we are no longer interested. Let her go to ND and ruin their chemistry.

I would be shocked if he did!
Geno and his staff put too much time (communicating - keeping in touch), money (traveling to watch her play in person), and preparation (for campus visit) to just give up on her as you suggest. I don't believe that's how the recruiting game is played. You don't just give up on a player (before they reveal) just because you think they're taking too long in deciding, or that they may choose to announce their decision in a fashion you disapprove of.

Reaction Score
A real UConn leans doesn't post and/or like these................kids being kids...............
  1. Brianna Taylor ‏@bretaylor20 4h4 hours agoAustin, TX
    Brianna Taylor Retweeted Meg W.

that burnt orange set it off lol
    1f918-1f3fd.png

In reply to Meg W.
    Lagaryonn Carson ‏@LagaryonnCarson 4h4 hours ago
    @iball_crzy that Burnt orange #HookE

2. KicksOnFire.com ‏@kicksonfire 7h7 hours ago
    The Air Jordan 4 Premium Ginger Debuts Next Weekend - http://Post original url/2esSXgx

Air-Jordan-4-13.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Those would be a year old by the time she'd touch down in Austin... but I still don't see how she turns down Texas

Reaction Score

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
It's in my memory that D didn't commit until the last day of the fall recruiting period. Do I recall correctly?

Was there as much angst on the BY back then?

Anyway, we all know how that worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom