Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I suspect a lot of the 'posing' in uniforms is associated with pick-up games - the recruit gets to the locker room and there is 'practice' gear laid out for them. At Uconn it is probably just the standard practice gear, at other schools it is an actual uniform. And the pictures are not 'photo shoots' they are 'casual' events - hey lets do a picture.

I still find it a little much - like the things TN used to do with the name on the uniform and on the locker, and the video presentation on the scoreboard screen.
It is my perception of the program (and Geno), that a player has to earn the right to wear a UCONN uniform. There's probably not much of a "let's see how you look in this uniform" going on. I would think it's a pretty heavy prestige thing at UCONN.

Reaction Score
If she was a lock at Notre Dame she would have informed the coaches before she left campus or would have already verbeled. I don't think she has any idea where she wants to go. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up waiting to late signing period. And does Westbrook have anymore visits left or was Notre Dame her final visit? Westbrook is from the west coast could be hard to get her to come all that way to South Bend. As much as I want Megan I'm still sticking with what I've said from the beginning she will end up at Notre Dame. At the end she wants to go to a program with the best chance to knock of the best program and Notre Dame has the tools. I'm still not sold on Texas until they can win a confrence title and final four berth. Notre Dame has owned the ACC since they joined and done everything but win a title in all these years!! Fingers crossed but Notre Dame will win out ... We will find out when she's ready to announce!!

How do you know she hasn't done that yet? She could have committed while on her visit and just wants to announce it later.

Reaction Score
Charlie -- As you know I was at ND and saw a lot of of things that surprised me (some of those ramifications I heard about while driving east in Pa. when they replaced their defensive coordinator in football. ). Anyway, I digress:
- Little surprised by this picture, but maybe times they be a changin'.
- Like Orangutan, I don't think this means a whole lot.

Can't speak for anything else that transpired except that the weather was spectacular Friday-Saturday-Sunday. She didn't announce while at ND so we'll see

That's cool that you got to watch the b'ball team/recruits in action................. very surprised by the football loss..................... I had seen Duke in an earlier game and they sure didn't play like that................on the uniform thing, certainly surprised that ND followed the crowd on that one.................perhaps post Geno, UConn will tag along but glad that is not the case at present....................who knows, the gap between what players want/expect and what Geno is willing to put up with may get too wide at some point..............clearly that will show in the quality of recruiting classes in the next couple of years................as for MW, she has been masterful in masking her leanings...................if I was just reading the social media tea leaves I would say Texas is her choice but frankly it's anybody's guess..................now the watch begins...................we could see an answer today or a month from today.....................

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't think she has any idea where she wants to go. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up waiting to late signing period.
I think she's known for a while where she wants to go, but wanted to take her official visits to make sure; nothing wrong with that. Megan was the one who stated she would announce her decision at the end of September. While that could certainly change, her own timeline suggests she has confidence in being ready to make that decision public.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is the last week in September. She has completed all of her official visits. The wait is over. An announcement could come at any time now, starting TODAY.
Let keep hope alive, and that she's coming to Storrs. :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If she was a lock at Notre Dame she would have informed the coaches before she left campus or would have already verbeled. I don't think she has any idea where she wants to go. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up waiting to late signing period. And does Westbrook have anymore visits left or was Notre Dame her final visit? Westbrook is from the west coast could be hard to get her to come all that way to South Bend. As much as I want Megan I'm still sticking with what I've said from the beginning she will end up at Notre Dame. At the end she wants to go to a program with the best chance to knock of the best program and Notre Dame has the tools. I'm still not sold on Texas until they can win a confrence title and final four berth. Notre Dame has owned the ACC since they joined and done everything but win a title in all these years!! Fingers crossed but Notre Dame will win out ... We will find out when she's ready to announce!!

It is interesting to me that after each of her other visits, Walker posted a "I had a great visit with X" tweet with photos on Sunday evening. Nothing yet for ND, though maybe it will come out this morning. I still expect a decision in the early signing period. She has until November 16 to decide and it would seem that she has sufficient information by now.

ND was Westbrook's 3rd visit of a scheduled 5. She has been to Southern Cal and Tennessee. Maryland and South Carolina are upcoming. She's also considering Oregon State. She certainly could make all those far-flung visits and settle close to home (as Lauren Cox did) but the fact that she is looking at 3 other eastern schools makes me think distance probably won't disqualify ND.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It is interesting to me that after each of her other visits, Walker posted a "I had a great visit with X" tweet with photos on Sunday evening. Nothing yet for ND, though maybe it will come out this morning. I still expect a decision in the early signing period. She has until November 16 to decide and it would seem that she has sufficient information by now.

ND was Westbrook's 3rd visit of a scheduled 5. She has been to Southern Cal and Tennessee. Maryland and South Carolina are upcoming. She's also considering Oregon State. She certainly could make all those far-flung visits and settle close to home (as Lauren Cox did) but the fact that she is looking at 3 other eastern schools makes me think distance probably won't disqualify ND.

Regarding Westbrook, I'd read (somewhere) that her dad, who went to OSU, was from the So. Cal area. That said, her mother -- in the same article -- was pretty adamant that she and Evina were going to visit all the schools on her short list.

Reaction Score
The fact she changed her picture to her and Westbrook and that she hasn't posted anything about her ND visit, leads me to believe ND is her choice. I think her next post will be that she has committed to ND

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The fact she changed her picture to her and Westbrook and that she hasn't posted anything about her ND visit, leads me to believe ND is her choice. I think her next post will be that she has committed to ND
Actually, as you, I wouldn't be surprised. Too many ND signals seem to be converging. Well, good luck to her. I'll root for her against everyone except The UConn, against whom she'll be doomed to experience (Are you listening Ms. Turner because Ms. Lyod sure got the word) crushing defeat after defeat. Nevertheless, as with Ms. Loyd, you will learn more from Geno in defeat than McGraw in victory.

Reaction Score
I agree, it seems a bit odd to me for these kids to pose in various schools' uniforms, but maybe they like to do this. If everyone is doing it, UConn will probably be doing it too before long. It's not as if UConn is upholding some moral principle in not doing the uniform photos. I don't have a handle on what make kids choose one school over another, but if that could affect an important decision, what's the harm?
Geno is more Ol' School.So I bet he will say something like this...Why take photos in a Uconn Uniform and you havent even committed yet.

Reaction Score
She's going to ND. Trust me all the signs are there!! She was always a Notre Dame lead right from the beginning. To bad she will never win a title. Muffet chokes in all the big games her record speaks for it's self. But wish her luck and move on. Uconn will be fine. No pics on her Twitter speaks volumes she was going to Notre Dame all along ....

Reaction Score
Actually, as you, I wouldn't be surprised. Too many ND signals seem to be converging. Well, good luck to her. I'll root for her against everyone except The UConn, against whom she'll be doomed to experience (Are you listening Ms. Turner because Ms. Lyod sure got the word) crushing defeat after defeat. Nevertheless, as with Ms. Loyd, you will learn more from Geno in defeat than McGraw in victory.
Actually, didn't Ms. Loyd have some victories over UCONN? Or was she post Diggins?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well moving right along to 2018. I hope we can get Nelson-Ododa, C. Williams, and C. Collier!!!!
Certainly you don't want all of them. All of women's basketball would petition for UCONN to play in some organization other than the NCAA. Are you sure you want ALL of them? (Smile)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Certainly you don't want all of them. All of women's basketball would petition for UCONN to play in some organization other than the NCAA. Are you sure you want ALL of them? (Smile)

No idea what they'd do with both Collier and Ododa anyway. Just one, preferably the latter, please.

UConn will have 10 or 11 players coming back in '18 depending on Walker's decision. Two stud freshmen is more than enough.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Actually, didn't Ms. Loyd have some victories over UCONN? Or was she post Diggins?

Jewell Loyd played with Skylar Diggins in 2012-2013, the last season ND and UConn played in the Big East. During that year, they met three times: once during the regular season, once in the Big East Championship and once in the NCAAs. ND won 2 of the three: the regular season match and Big East Championship, with UConn taking the national championship game. Interestingly, ND's high scorer in all three games was Kayla McBride, not Diggins or Loyd.

From there on, UConn won all three games against the ND with Loyd in the lineup. They met only once in 2013-2014 -- the national championship game were both came in undefeated and UConn took it to them, 79-58. And they played twice in 2014-2015, with UConn winning the regular season match (in South Bend -- great game by Morgan Tuck) and the NCAAs.

So Loyd went 2-4 vs. UConn in her three-year career at ND.

You got me interested so I checked Skylar Diggin's overall record against UConn and, as far as I can see, it was 6-6.
2009-2010: UConn 3, ND 0.
2010-2011: UConn 2, ND 1.
2011-2012: ND 3, UConn 1.
2012-2013: ND 2, UConn 1.
Besides Diggins, the other main players for ND during those years were Dev Peters hitting the boards and playing defense, Natalie Novosel running besides Sky and Brittany Mallory doing a little bit of everything, plus the aforementioned Loyd, McBride and Natalie Achonwa.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd played with Skylar Diggins in 2012-2013, the last season ND and UConn played in the Big East. During that year, they met three times: once during the regular season, once in the Big East Championship and once in the NCAAs. ND won 2 of the three: the regular season match and Big East Championship, with UConn taking the national championship game.

Four times. There were two regular season games - http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2012-2013/teamstat.html

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd played with Skylar Diggins in 2012-2013, the last season ND and UConn played in the Big East. During that year, they met three times: once during the regular season, once in the Big East Championship and once in the NCAAs. ND won 2 of the three: the regular season match and Big East Championship, with UConn taking the national championship game. Interestingly, ND's high scorer in all three games was Kayla McBride, not Diggins or Loyd.

From there on, UConn won all three games against the ND with Loyd in the lineup. They met only once in 2013-2014 -- the national championship game were both came in undefeated and UConn took it to them, 79-58. And they played twice in 2014-2015, with UConn winning the regular season match (in South Bend -- great game by Morgan Tuck) and the NCAAs.

So Loyd went 2-4 vs. UConn in her three-year career at ND.

You got me interested so I checked Skylar Diggin's overall record against UConn and, as far as I can see, it was 6-6.
2009-2010: UConn 3, ND 0.
2010-2011: UConn 2, ND 1.
2011-2012: ND 3, UConn 1.
2012-2013: ND 2, UConn 1.
Besides Diggins, the other main players for ND during those years were Dev Peters hitting the boards and playing defense, Natalie Novosel running besides Sky and Brittany Mallory doing a little bit of everything, plus the aforementioned Loyd, McBride and Natalie Achonwa.

They went 3-1 against UCONN in 2013.
0-1 in 2014
0-2 in 2015

So in total, Loyd was 3-4 vs. Connecticut. Only problem is, historically speaking none of those 3 wins had much significance, where 3 of the 4 losses to UCONN were essentially for National Championships (whoever won in 2012-13 was going to have a decided advantage against Louisville).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
They went 3-1 against UCONN in 2013.
0-1 in 2014
0-2 in 2015

So in total, Loyd was 3-4 vs. Connecticut. Only problem is, historically speaking none of those 3 wins had much significance, where 3 of the 4 losses to UCONN were essentially for National Championships (whoever won in 2012-13 was going to have a decided advantage against Louisville).

One of those wins was for the 2012-13 Big East Championship, played in Hartford. ND and UConn were playing each other a lot in those years and UConn was usually trumping the Irish in the Big East tourney; including 2011-12, when ND won the season series 3-1, but UConn took the tourney championship (ouch, I was at that game). So that was a breakthrough for Irish until, of course, UConn won in the NCAA's when Stewie went for 29. (I will give credit where credit is due...:(;))

Reaction Score
No idea what they'd do with both Collier and Ododa anyway. Just one, preferably the latter, please.

UConn will have 10 or 11 players coming back in '18 depending on Walker's decision. Two stud freshmen is more than enough.
My information is limited (based only on posted videos) but both of these players appear to have the skill set to play either center or PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom