Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Megan's official visit to Notre Dame this weekend or next weekend?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Is Megan's official visit to Notre Dame this weekend or next weekend?

This weekend. It appears she's already there. She had a tweet last night tagged with a location of South Bend, IN.

Reaction Score
I agree in all aspects. If you are talking Princeton under Pete Carril I agree-that was some beautiful basketball and it was "near" upset of Georgetown in '89. That "Yuk ND" is always implied regardless of the subject.

Who is Sammy? I am guessing you mean Samantha Brunelle. If so and you know her like than please put in a good word for UCONN.

I was speaking of Samuelson, but Brunelle is absolutely UConn material. Coach's kid, too.

Reaction Score
Actually, they did start, but only after injuries to others gave them the opportunity. Breanna Four-for-Four Stewart didn't start either, but I think her career turned out pretty nicely. That said, I expect Megan to play 15-18 minutes and make a big impact.
Stewie didn't start? I could have sworn she started almost every game of her freshman year.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Yeah I was thinking something similar....

hordes.jpg

Reaction Score
58,000 views of this thread and counting. Ya think UConn Nation is interested in the latest news, and where Walker ends up? :confused: I'd say so.
And at this rate, it might make 75,000 before she announces her choice.

Reaction Score
Shades of Maya.

Unlike many posters I think I've a different feeling about the entire recruiting process of Ms. Walker. She's a fine talent and indeed may become the #1 AA at the 2 or 3 in WCBB. Her game is a nice combination of silk and excitement, of team and take over, that would play well in any program. And yes, I'm a greedy little piglet that wants them ALL to play at Storrs. But if she chooses to go elsewhere, hey, I'll still root for her to have a great career. As I still root for all the others (re: Ms. Delle Donne) that passed on a career with Geno and The Husky's. The UConn is still going to win championships without her. I believe if she chooses to go to Texas or ND she'll will be crushed while losing to The UConn in the E8 or the finals as so many others (do you hear that Ms, Durr, Ms. Cox , Ms. Wilson and all those many others from years past?).

Now, will she ever regret choosing elsewhere? Perhaps. But frankly, that's relevant only to her, her family, and the team that lobbied so hard to have her attend. It would be irrelevant to the rest of the basketball world and certainly irrelevant in the land of Storrs as The UConn competes for another championship. As long as Geno is in Storrs The UConn will continue to be the most relevant team in WCBB. Geno will continue to produce the most game ready, hardest working players in all of BB and the most professional ready players in all of BB. Oh yeah, and his teams will still play the prettiest ball in all of BB.

So if she signs on to this, great. It'll be all sunshine, roses and rainbows. If not, it'll still be The UConn. I'll take that.

Nice posting!! Uconn has always survived and thrived without even EDD or others as they say should Walker--Walk!
However --I too am greedy and want the best coached by the best.

Only self absorbed people dwell on what "could have been". Most accept life as it comes and takes a swing or two at it. The true way to survive is to NOT believe much would have changed had you made another choice--unless of course it's long time prison you are in..

Reaction Score
The fact that megan put on the uniform to pose, I think she is telling us her decision :(

Reaction Score
The fact that megan put on the uniform to pose, I think she is telling us her decision :(
She did the same thing at Texas!! The fact she didn't pose in a uconn uni tells what kind of program geno runs!! I think when programs do photo shoots in a potential uniform tells me the coaches are trying way to hard to impress a recruit. GENO and uconn don't need to play that game uconn doesn't need to sell there program it speaks for itself. Recruit doesn't see what uconn has to offer and needs coaches at other programs to wine and dine them to get them to commit then maybe uconn isn't the place for u. Did u see any of the uconn commits last week posing in there future uconn uniforms?? No u didn't it's absolutely foolish in my opinion to do so... GENO is what I respect because he doesn't care how good u are he will never bow down to any recruit he does it the right way and he's not going to change his coaching and recruiting morals just to impress what ever recruit he has coming for a visit. I'm really surprised muffet did this but if posing in a uniform and having a photo shoot makes u want to choose a college then all I can say is good luck to u ... U are most definitely not uconn material.

Reaction Score
U guys need to relax! The kids have posed in school uniforms throughout their twitter pages. Countless school uniforms might I add...everyone knows that Geno/UCONN will not have that. That's what makes UCONN the distinguished school/program it is today. Let those kids be kids because clearly they can't go to the multiple schools they posed in uniform. They can only choose ONE! Personally, I think this is a plus for UCONN. Maybe Megan is playing the game of letting us know by not stating the obvious. I feel that she is stroking the egos of the schools just as they're stroking hers. I feel the lean towards UCONN! #CHESSMOVE for UCONN
#Checkers for tradition-changing schools

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She did the same thing at Texas!! The fact she didn't pose in a uconn uni tells what kind of program geno runs!! I think when programs do photo shoots in a potential uniform tells me the coaches are trying way to hard to impress a recruit. GENO and uconn don't need to play that game uconn doesn't need to sell there program it speaks for itself. Recruit doesn't see what uconn has to offer and needs coaches at other programs to wine and dine them to get them to commit then maybe uconn isn't the place for u. Did u see any of the uconn commits last week posing in there future uconn uniforms?? No u didn't it's absolutely foolish in my opinion to do so... GENO is what I respect because he doesn't care how good u are he will never bow down to any recruit he does it the right way and he's not going to change his coaching and recruiting morals just to impress what ever recruit he has coming for a visit. I'm really surprised muffet did this but if posing in a uniform and having a photo shoot makes u want to choose a college then all I can say is good luck to u ... U are most definitely not uconn material.

I wouldn't mind it if players that have already committed to the school in question put on their future uniforms but in this case it's totally meaningless to "model" for multiple schools........I believe our ND friends on this site will even be surprised by this............. it's good to know that UConn doesn't bend to current trends like this.................

Last edited:
Reaction Score
U guys need to relax! The kids have posed in school uniforms throughout their twitter pages. Countless school uniforms might I add...everyone knows that Geno/UCONN will not have that. That's what makes UCONN the distinguished school/program it is today. Let those kids be kids because clearly they can't go to the multiple schools they posed in uniform. They can only choose ONE! Personally, I think this is a plus for UCONN. Maybe Megan is playing the game of letting us know by not stating the obvious. I feel that she is stroking the egos of the schools just as they're stroking hers. I feel the lean towards UCONN! #CHESSMOVE for UCONN
#Checkers for the thirsty schools

I'm not blaming the kids at all.............I'm blaming the college coaching staffs.............I would find it strange to put on a uniform to an uncommitted school but some kids may be into it...............can you imagine how difficult it would be to tell ND or Texas that you don't want to put on their uniforms? Not a big deal in the scheme of life but that's just not a great position to put a teenager in................

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
My feeling on putting on uniforms for a photo pic....its simply. When you are desperate you do desperate things trying to change peoples minds. UConn doesnt have to do anything because their records speak for themselves. Uconn doesnt have to butter it up, it is what it is and its a dynasty with a record number of famous women BB players who have done it all. Name me one team that has the records and players who have accomplished as much????? Sit back and enjoy the process. If Megan commits to UConn great and if she doesnt commit to UConn great and we move to the next recruit. Its that simply. With Camara and Stevens next season we are going to be the team to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom