Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would think any recruit watching the Olympics would have to be impressed with the University of Connecticut.

First off leading the Canadian team after three games is Kia Nurse averaging 14.7 points per game. She has played 74 minutes, the most on the team. Tamara Tatham is next with 13.3 points at 73 minutes. Kia is not a starter on this team either... but is impressing many. Our Notre Dame friend Natalie Achonwa is averaging 4.7 ppg. (For those with a ND education that is 10 less) :)

For the US...

Diana Taurasi is averaging 17.7 ppg (1st), has 14 3's (DelleDonne is second on the team with 3)...
Stewie is averaging 13.7 ppg (2nd), has 17 steals (Maya has 7 for second place)
Tina Charles is averaging 11.0 ppg (4th), has 16 rebounds (second to Fowles who has 17... and 6 more than Griner)
Maya is averaging 9 ppg (7th) (Just wait until she gets going... she has been a defensive force out there) 14 rebounds, 10 assist, 7 steals...
Sue Bird is averaging 5.3 ppg ahead of Augustus and Catchings.... has 16 asssist leading the team. 5 steals....

And then do not forget Geno.....

Looking at these six Olympians and Geno.... and would be extremely honored if UCONN came to my door looking for me to play for them. I really would love to know if potential recruits think about these variables as well when deciding where to play....

Megan I have no doubt Geno will make you into an Olympian....
And the announcers are constantly mentioning the UConn connection.

Megan would do very well at ND and turn into a fine pro. If Geno were to coach her, she likely would be an icon.

Reaction Score
It's a good news bad news situation.
The good news is that there's plenty of playing time available with the lady vols. The bad news is that your playing for the lady vols. PT, proximity and grades can be the ONLY reasons to choose Tennessee over Stanford or ND.
It CAN'T be for the basketball.

It depends on what the player is looking for. Think about it....in all honesty why would a player go anywhere besides Uconn and ND if they want to win a championship. It really isn't all about winning for most of these girls.

Reaction Score
It depends on what the player is looking for. Think about it....in all honesty why would a player go anywhere besides Uconn and ND if they want to win a championship. It really isn't all about winning for most of these girls.

Isn't that what I said ?
Playing time or proximity ?
But certainty not good basketball or a degree from a prestigious University.
The lady vols had 5 (or was it more ? )McD all Americans on their team last year and finished with their worst record in how many years ?
Just the facts.

Reaction Score
She's going to be a star wherever she goes. That having been said, she comes across like Maya Moore in the sense that her individual stats will never be more important than her team record and contribution. Team basketball is what Geno and Daley teach better than anyone else in the women's game. With the possible exception of Diana, you would virtually never see a UConn player blaming a teamate for a mistake. They discuss it and coach each other. Watch the recent USA competition and see her doing the same. She has no bad choices, but some are better than others...

Reaction Score
She will get plenty of time with Uconn also for the fact they blow everyone out. So i dont think time will be an issue. And kids like playing in a confrence thats not so good, it makes players like Stewert Steven Walker etc standout more

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She will get plenty of time with Uconn also for the fact they blow everyone out. So i dont think time will be an issue. And kids like playing in a confrence thats not so good, it makes players like Stewert Steven Walker etc standout more
Who are Stewert Steven? :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nothing personal. Strictly business.

cannolis1.jpg

Reaction Score
The irony is that we're having this discussion over Walker who retweets compliment after compliment. She appears to enjoy the spotlight moreso than most recruits.

I agree. Frankly, I think that most love the attention and there is nothing wrong with that. It may be the most fun you ever have. I've met quite a few grown men and women who love to talk about their high school and college achievements. Besides, it is so fleeting why not? I wish had a few highlights I could share. LOL! :)

Reaction Score
The irony is that we're having this discussion over Walker who retweets compliment after compliment. She appears to enjoy the spotlight moreso than most recruits.

I agree. I think that most love the attention and there is nothing wrong with that and more power to her and others who have reached a level of success at this level. How many times in your life will you be pursued so passionately? It may be the most fun you ever have. I've met quite a few grown men and women who love to talk about their high school and college achievements. Besides, it is so fleeting why not? I wish had a few highlights I could share. LOL! :)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Any Tenn recruit has to assume that there's a good chance they will be playing for a new coach before they graduate....seems like an unattractive option to me
Won't happen. Warlick will be there for probably the next 12 to 15 years. Guaranteed. See you are thinking about Tennessee in their hay day and the expectations of then... well this is now. You have to remember AD's in the SEC mainly just care about football (Don't all AD's for that matter). All Holly has to do is get a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 regularly and she is golden. She doesn't have to win any championships or even sniff one to keep her job.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe 10000 even. She won't announce her decision before the last week of September. About 6 weeks to go.
the other Walker thread is cutting into the "views" of this one so I dont think its gonna meet our lofty expectations

(even tho this post will boost it up a few hundred, currently at 8906 views)

Reaction Score
the other Walker thread is cutting into the "views" of this one so I dont think its gonna meet our lofty expectations

(even tho this post will boost it up a few hundred, currently at 8906 views)
Well, we can keep posting until it reaches 10,000. Still weeks to go.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well, we can keep posting until it reaches 10,000. Still weeks to go.
this is a great time to post here... lurkers from other teams are watching and our people are sleep and will wake up expecting to read about "the Announcement"
6a00d8341c630a53ef0168e8a85445970c-600wi

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe 10000 even. She won't announce her decision before the last week of September. About 6 weeks to go.
over 700 views in the past 24 hrs

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Megan Walker was in Houston this weekend for the John Lucas camp; and, it appears as if she made her way two hours west to visit with Texas coaches in Austin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom