Anybody going to the practice today? | The Boneyard

Anybody going to the practice today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I think it's for season ticket holders. Be sure to get there about an hour early so you can stand outside in the 15% weather until your blood freezes. They won't let you in to stand around because the volleyball club team is holding a secret practice.

I think the Boneyard should press to have their Boneyard members only practice. Of course only those who say only nice things about the school, team, coaches and administration will be allowed in. Let's see...that's Danny and Doggy and Tony. For the un-initialed that's DDT.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If they ever do have a Boneyard-members-only practice, you better not miss it – because it will only happen once.

Reaction Score
I think it's for season ticket holders. Be sure to get there about an hour early so you can stand outside in the 15% weather until your blood freezes. They won't let you in to stand around because the volleyball club team is holding a secret practice.

I think the Boneyard should press to have their Boneyard members only practice. Of course only those who say only nice things about the school, team, coaches and administration will be allowed in. Let's see...that's Danny and Doggy and Tony. For the un-initialed that's DDT.

Can I come?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
If they ever do have a Boneyard-members-only practice, you better not miss it – because it will only happen once.

One question, two statements... At "Boneyard-members practice" do we practice or just watch practice..?? ;) My name starts w/ "D", do I get in on DDT....(wasn't that a pesticide?) I've never said anything bad about the team, just huskybill...:cool:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
If you would be so kind as to pass along any observations, notes, etc. from practice, it would be much appreciated!!!!

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
If you would be so kind as to pass along any observations, notes, etc. from practice, it would be much appreciated!!!!
I can tell you even before the practice that it will be 2 hours of boredom as Geno makes the team run the same play 200 times.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You mean he makes them run it until they can't get it wrong.

Reaction Score
I can tell you even before the practice that it will be 2 hours of boredom as Geno makes the team run the same play 200 times.
I never found them boring quite the contrary.....actually they are exhausting to watch...non stop action

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You palm with your head?
Something like that
a65fdecd5877c0_full.jpg

Do you also high 5 with it?
Tall people - hand
medium people - forehead
Huskybill - knee

:cool:

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Geno said the practice was OK. It was easier than some I've seen although the 5 vs 4 defense was a tough one. KML started off slowly but soon was running better and shooting very well. She seems better conditioned than last game. Lefty Banks and Morgan did not play and Geno answered a question about Morgan by saying he's not very hopeful about her. I think he said she wouldn't be 100% this year. It seems clear that Little Mo is the fastest Husky and Stef the slowest. Not too surprising, that. Stef seemed to be the most accurate shooting foul shots and Kiah seemed to have the most trouble. But they weer shooting at the basket closest to me so I may have missed some of the other player's streaks.

Geno said that Stef had the most basketball Intelligence on the team He also praised Kaleena and Stewie and Morgan for their bb IQ. I think he said that Stewie sometimes chooses not to use it, but he might have said Kaleena. I forget which.

They gave away 2 40 inch TV sets as lottery prizes; 1 to a fan and 1 to a student. The first 2 students called had already left so they missed out on a great prize.

The practice started a little after 5 and lasted until bout 7:15. Geno talked for a while, then answered questions and picked out the tottery tickets. By then it was almost 8. We went to eat at Chang's Gardens?, great chinese food and didn't get home until 9:30.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Just a little more on the practice. Geno said we have to use more zone this year. He said that people are mistaken when they try to compare a soph such as Little Mo with some of the greats from the past such as Jen, Sue, Rita and Monty . He said people are always comparing the most recent teams favorably with the great teams from the past although the most recent have yet to accomplish what the past teams did. Stef, as usual, was the most outgoing player. When asked to introduce the male players she said no because she hated them and passed the mike to them. After practice she was walking down the stairs with her lunch box when geno was going off on how players of today are overrated. She strutted down the stairs as though he was saying great things about her.

As to the practice itself, the boys could really shoot and were extremely hard for the Huskies to handle. They won a scrimmage 16-6. Geno complained that in practice the Huskies could cover the baseline drive, but had a lot of trouble doing it in the games. He went over that defensive move again and again. He also had the 5 boys pass the ball around the perimeter while the four defensive Huskies had to cover them. He was not happy with the way the Huskies slid to cover the corner pass.

Kaleena spent almost all her time with the post players.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
One more thing I forgot to mention for all you Geno lovers. Someone asked him what his favorite color was. I thought he'd take my question as satire, but he actually answered after expressing incredulity that someone would ask such a question. First he asked her what her favorite was and she said pink. He said pink was not his and his favorite was blue. He said he also disliked green and that no Italian man would own a green car. Then he ask the crowd if they knew any Italian men who owned a green car.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the great reports, Huskybill. Details and overview. What more can a fan ask?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
well, I am...juat not the kind you're talking about

sTu

Reaction Score
Geno was also pretty clear that UConn's best basketball team was the one with all the Olympians on it.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Geno was also pretty clear that UConn's best basketball team was the one with all the Olympians on it.

No, no, cause C. Vivian says the current team is best. I'll go with C. Viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom