Anybody else kind of miss Phil Nolan? | The Boneyard

Anybody else kind of miss Phil Nolan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
outside of Brimah's defensive presence, our front court play makes me appreciate Nolan's efforts a bit more. At least he was good for a charge or two, effort and desire to establish post position and call for the ball down low (despite what usually ensued), and visible effort on the glass

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Nolan was usually in the right spot to make a play even though he didn't have much talent. Enoch is clueless. And Facey is the new Claude Rains.

Reaction Score
The only thing I miss about Phil Nolan is the gifs. He shouldn't have sniffed the floor again after his freshman year.

But hey, he was a great ambassador for the university and that's all the matters to UConn fans anymore.

God I miss Jeff Adrien

Reaction Score
my point exactly. Obviously shonn miller is missed, but I used nolan to highlight the glaring lack of awareness our bigs are currently displaying. Before last season Ollie noted that Brimah and Facey had improved their face up 12-15 ft jumper game. Where is that?? Forget about trying a jump hook off balance, brimah should post up, face up, and shoot. Way better chance of that going in

Reaction Score
This team with Josh Boone as a senior in HS would be 2-0

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I miss someone with the rebounding desire of Kevin Freeman. [SARCASM] I wonder what he's doing these days? [/SARCASM]

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I miss having a center with the slightest bit of toughness and half the rebounding ability of Okafor or Thabeet.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I thought Enoch had that kind of potential.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Basketball wise No.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
outside of Brimah's defensive presence, our front court play makes me appreciate Nolan's efforts a bit more. At least he was good for a charge or two, effort and desire to establish post position and call for the ball down low (despite what usually ensued), and visible effort on the glass
NO

Reaction Score
Maybe this is just me being nostalgic but big men used to come into college a lot more polished then they do now. I mean for a UConn example Boone/Charlie V were able to contribute right away. Obviously there are outliers (Anthony Davis,etc) but lately it just seems we're never going to see a Greg Oden type on a consistent basis. Instead we'll get Chase Jeters, Skal and to a lesser extent Diamond Stone types who just can't dominate right away.

Reaction Score
Given Nolan's history of flops, I would think he is probably playing in some euro soccer league right now

Reaction Score
Maybe this is just me being nostalgic but big men used to come into college a lot more polished then they do now. I mean for a UConn example Boone/Charlie V were able to contribute right away. Obviously there are outliers (Anthony Davis,etc) but lately it just seems we're never going to see a Greg Oden type on a consistent basis. Instead we'll get Chase Jeters, Skal and to a lesser extent Diamond Stone types who just can't dominate right away.
If we had a Diamond Stone like his freshman year, our problems would be over.

Reaction Score

Oh yeah..He was a real rebounding machine.

Reaction Score

I think Greg Oden was just as much an outlier as Anthony Davis.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I miss the Nolan effort during the NC run - yes he was doing some good things
I can't say he had a career that was worthy of special mention
But he does have a NC ring!!!!

Reaction Score
Phil's got a title and he was the consummate team guy.

I'll always love Phil - the guy seemed to actually have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog