Anybody Else Having Problems with the XL Center Stat Board | The Boneyard

Anybody Else Having Problems with the XL Center Stat Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I miss seeing a readable player stat board. I got used to looking for player and team stats when a timeout is called or a foul is committed. Since the "upgrades" to the XL Center the stats went to 5 miniscule lines and unreadable to 2 players and scrolling. I have heard a lot of people at the games complaining about the lack of a 5 player stat line. I have emailed comments to XL management without response from them. Today I called the Center @ 860-249-6333 to be told that the management was not aware of a problem since they had received no calls on the subject.

Is anybody else bothered by the slow scrolling stat line? Is anybody else bothered enough to call?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You have to look up more, AND at the right moment. But it can be done. Just not as easy.

The bigger problem is/was the 3 card Monty for the Subway gift certificate. :eek:

Reaction Score
I agree that the five line, minuscule stat display was awful. But I am okay with the scrolling two player stats.

The two player stats are readable. If the stats I want are not already on the screen, I can wait a couple of seconds to see them. Most often I look to the scoreboard stats for a player's foul count. Game action stops for a longer than a few seconds when there is a foul, and is generally long enough for all of the stats to scroll through, often several times.

Last night's Subway shuffle display was a problem. At least it did not cost the contestant a gift card.

Reaction Score
I miss seeing a readable player stat board. I got used to looking for player and team stats when a timeout is called or a foul is committed. Since the "upgrades" to the XL Center the stats went to 5 miniscule lines and unreadable to 2 players and scrolling. I have heard a lot of people at the games complaining about the lack of a 5 player stat line. I have emailed comments to XL management without response from them. Today I called the Center @ 860-249-6333 to be told that the management was not aware of a problem since they had received no calls on the subject.

Is anybody else bothered by the slow scrolling stat line? Is anybody else bothered enough to call?
I am extreme upset at the scoreboard. The have a time clock that is so small you can't read it.

Reaction Score
It was an indefensible, mystifying decision. Part of that is removing the full stat boards from the upper corners of XL as well.

Maybe UPS demanded it so that their "logistics of the game" halftime stat board is finally relevant. Used to be that data was available all game long on the stat boards. Now, that's the only time you'll see it.

Reaction Score
The first night at XL, the big scoreboard and the two smaller ones at each end are terrible! If I want to watch tv I'll stay home! I want game stats as much as you can throw at me! At 1/2 time of said game I went looking for my buddy Diane, in charge of security for XL and she was at the courtesy desk and saw me coming and yelled at me "Mr. Sherman if you're going to complain about the scoreboards don't I've already heard from over 200 people how they stink!" we laughed, and complaining was mostly tv screen and small print! XL spent over $100,000.00 for the scoreboards, what a waste!
They should have total lineups with game stats and dots for players in the game now, with team stats like timeouts & fouls, rebounds, free-throw % etc. underneath.
For the $30 million spent on fixing up XL it was a waste of money!

Reaction Score
My husband and I were very disappointed with the new screens, stats and scoreboards. The first game was terrible, with the stats so tiny we couldn't read them. The next game had bigger text, and scrolling. Better, but still not great. The video screen that faces our section, has a smaller picture, and a constantly changing banner ad flashing across the top, which I find really distracting. Over all, we are not impressed with the "improvements".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom