Anybody else catch Bridgewater's performance today? | The Boneyard

Anybody else catch Bridgewater's performance today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sure hope at least one of our QBs has maybe half of the grit that kid has... He's one heckuva player... A leader.. and he does not get rattled easily.. A true leader.

Reaction Score
I watched some of it till it got to 42-0. Hard to get rattled against Ohio.

Some can make comments about their crowd compared to UConn's and they would be justified in doing so but it's easier too get pumped for a #8 ranked team. If UConn had come off a bowl win vs FLA the Rent would have been packed. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? It sure wouldn't have hurt.

F

fortebleedsblue

He had his moment prior to this year. But he put in knowing his potential and the offense was built around him. Boyle is a true leader and has an arm trust me. He just needs a shot ... But put bridgewater behind our oline with our type of play calling and see how successful he is.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UL identified the fact that they had a serious Kragthorpe problem but still believed in their program as a whole. While their attendance dipped, they expanded their stadium. Once the season was over, they hired Charlie Strong. Recruiting took off and they are where they are because they had vision. As of today, it's hard to say the same thing about our leadership. We continue to to employ Pasqualoni and DeLeone and our attendance is in a free fall. What makes it worse is that we are on the outside looking in of the CR landscape and continued mediocrity only cements our position in this God awful AAC mid-major status.

Reaction Score
UL identified the fact that they had a serious Kragthorpe problem but still believed in their program as a whole. While their attendance dipped, they expanded their stadium. Once the season was over, they hired Charlie Strong. Recruiting took off and they are where they are because they had vision. As of today, it's hard to say the same thing about our leadership. We continue to to employ Pasqualoni and DeLeone and our attendance is in a free fall. What makes it worse is that we are on the outside looking in of the CR landscape and continued mediocrity only cements our position in this God awful AAC mid-major status.

I really hate to agree with this comment but it's so true....

Reaction Score

It is so obvious to many of us PP will destroy this program the longer he is at the helm. If we plan to make a change, we need to do it now. What is the point waiting until end of the season? Give Weiss a shot to run the show and see what he can do with it. WM needs to act today. There is no reason to wait any longer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I watched some of it till it got to 42-0. Hard to get rattled against Ohio.

Some can make comments about their crowd compared to UConn's and they would be justified in doing so but it's easier too get pumped for a #8 ranked team. If UConn had come off a bowl win vs FLA the Rent would have been packed. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? It sure wouldn't have hurt.

You know, Ville fans complained bigtime last year about the 15k empty seats for that big UConn game. The crowd was pretty flat too.

Ville has a big stadium but averages 47,000 fans so, they are still growing it there.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. In our last year with Kragthorpe (2009) I think our average attendance was around 30k in a 42k seat stadium and the team finished 4-8. In Strong's first year (2010) with the expanded stadium we were just under 50k in a 55k seat stadium and finished with a 7-6 record and a bowl win. Going through and cleaning house from top to bottom and bringing in energetic coaches who WANT to be there rather than using it as a job to cash a paycheck can do wonders for fan support. We had to cut a $4 million check to Klusterthorpe to buy out his contract to keep him from destroying our program further, then shell out an additional $2 million for Strong and his assistants the same year. But it worked.

Despite our atrocious home schedule this year we've sold a record number of season tickets. There's already talk of expanding the stadium to 63k after a few seasons in the ACC.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I agree with this. In our last year with Kragthorpe (2009) I think our average attendance was around 30k in a 42k seat stadium and the team finished 4-8. In Strong's first year (2010) with the expanded stadium we were just under 50k in a 55k seat stadium and finished with a 7-6 record and a bowl win. Going through and cleaning house from top to bottom and bringing in energetic coaches who WANT to be there rather than using it as a job to cash a paycheck can do wonders for fan support. We had to cut a $4 million check to Klusterthorpe to buy out his contract to keep him from destroying our program further, then shell out an additional $2 million for Strong and his assistants the same year. But it worked.

Despite our atrocious home schedule this year we've sold a record number of season tickets. There's already talk of expanding the stadium to 63k after a few seasons in the ACC.

I can only hope and pray that Warde Manuel takes a page out of Tom Jurich's playbook. What's most depressing for UCONN fans is that we were on the brink of something special with this program after the Fiesta Bowl but our old AD (possibly the worst AD in the history of ever) was "in charge" of the hire and tapped Pasqualoni. If that hire would have been a Charlie Strong type (a great coordinator stuck behind a head coach at a good program), then UCONN could have built on what Edsall had accomplished, expanded our stadium, and maybe just maybe be in the ACC or B1G too. But our current AD seems to be too timid to make the move that officially puts him on the clock in terms of accountability by making his own hire and shedding the garbage left behind from Jeff Hathaway. What he probably doesn't understand is that by firing Pasqualoni, he will INSTANTLY re-ignite, energize and unite this fanbase again.

Reaction Score

Looks like Swofford nailed it with picking Louisville.

Reaction Score
This is why we need to swim with the rest of the sewer rats in college football. We need to hire an ace recruiter who used to take recruits on yachts with hookers. I want people to openly think we're cheating.

Hell the whole world thought Calhoun cheated (and he probably did) but you know what? everyone else we got 3 'ships.

Reaction Score
This is why we need to swim with the rest of the sewer rats in college football. We need to hire an ace recruiter who used to take recruits on yachts with hookers. I want people to openly think we're cheating.

Hell the whole world thought Calhoun cheated (and he probably did) but you know what? everyone else we got 3 'ships.

That cheating most likely kept us out of the ACC.

Reaction Score

We all know how they got Bridgewater . My dislike of UofL almost surpasses that of the Cuse, almost.

Dooley

Reaction Score

You know what? I agree with this. I didn't want Michael Dyer here because I couldn't be convinced he could stay out of jail long enough to contribute to any team. But college football is full of sewer rats and UCONN won't create any buzz until they take some chances on a few. I'm coming around to Petrino, even if it's a one year rental. I just want some friggin' buzz back with this program. Where it is and where it is headed is too depressing.

Reaction Score
I can only hope and pray that Warde Manuel takes a page out of Tom Jurich's playbook. What's most depressing for UCONN fans is that we were on the brink of something special with this program after the Fiesta Bowl but our old AD (possibly the worst AD in the history of ever) was "in charge" of the hire and tapped Pasqualoni. If that hire would have been a Charlie Strong type (a great coordinator stuck behind a head coach at a good program), then UCONN could have built on what Edsall had accomplished, expanded our stadium, and maybe just maybe be in the ACC or B1G too. But our current AD seems to be too timid to make the move that officially puts him on the clock in terms of accountability by making his own hire and shedding the garbage left behind from Jeff Hathaway. What he probably doesn't understand is that by firing Pasqualoni, he will INSTANTLY re-ignite, energize and unite this fanbase again.

They didn't plan on expanding the stadium in the summer between Kragthorpe and Strong. That plan was long in the making, as per Jurich.

You're essentially arguing that we need to hire as good a coach as Strong, but no one really knows how good Strong is, because he lost games last year that he should have won, and he scraped by against others.

You say they are recruiting well. Yes, we know. They grabbed kids that were headed to U. Miami and the assistant coach that did that was a prime actor in the whole Miami scandal.

That won't fly at UConn.

Manuel IS going to fire Pasqualoni.

That's definitely going to happen.

Reaction Score
That cheating most likely kept us out of the ACC.

LOL, talk about delusions.

Are you referring to Miles?

Here are programs with much bigger offenses than what happened with Miles: BC, Syracuse, Maryland, North Carolina, heck Duke!, Clemson, Florida State, Miami!

Reaction Score
LOL, talk about delusions.

Are you referring to Miles?

Here are programs with much bigger offenses than what happened with Miles: BC, Syracuse, Maryland, North Carolina, heck Duke!, Clemson, Florida State, Miami!

The whole deal -

N.C.A.A. on Wednesday imposed a one-year postseason ban as a result of the program’s low Academic Progress Rate scores.
Enlarge This Image

John Dunn for The New York Times

Jim Calhoun, the men’s basketball coach at Connecticut.
  • Connecticut is the first team from a Bowl Championship Series conference to receive this punishment.

Reaction Score
The whole deal -

N.C.A.A. on Wednesday imposed a one-year postseason ban as a result of the program’s low Academic Progress Rate scores.
Enlarge This Image

• [ ]Connecticut is the first team from a Bowl Championship Series conference to receive this punishment.

You're making this case when the ACC invited Louisville to the conference, during a time when Louisville football was docked scholarships because its football team fell afoul of the APR rule in multiple years!! At a time when a Louisville assistant coach who recruited Bridgewater (the whole point of this thread) was under investigation for payoffs at U. Miami!!! at a time when North Carolina was involved in the biggest academic scandal of all time???!!

My god, please. Stop.

Reaction Score
The whole deal -

Enlarge This Image

• [ ]Connecticut is the first team from a Bowl Championship Series conference to receive this punishment.

If only Calhoun knew how to coach like Calipari (utilize boosters to bring in 5 of the top 30 players in the country each year and use the remaining schollies on recruits that would be all IVY on the basketball court as well as in the classroom)..that way you can churn the roster year in and year out without getting an academic penalty

Reaction Score
I would hire Clint Hurtt in a fugging heartbeat right now.

Think about it.....Ville keeps this guy on staff but doesn't allow players to sign autographs at Fan Day.

We need to take things like academics and integrity as seriously as Louisville does.

Reaction Score
I would hire Clint Hurtt in a fugging heartbeat right now.

Think about it.....Ville keeps this guy on staff but doesn't allow players to sign autographs at Fan Day.

We need to take things like academics and integrity as seriously as Louisville does.
And what exactly has Clint Hurtt done wrong? He was absolved of any wrongdoing at Miami and there isn't a single credible accusation that he's ever cheated while at Louisville. You guys can point fingers all you like but Strong wouldn't keep a guy on staff if he was blatantly breaking rules left and right. And this is coming from a fanbase whose basketball program was banned from the postseason last year.

Glass houses, people.

Reaction Score
And what exactly has Clint Hurtt done wrong? He was absolved of any wrongdoing at Miami and there isn't a single credible accusation that he's ever cheated while at Louisville. You guys can point fingers all you like but Strong wouldn't keep a guy on staff if he was blatantly breaking rules left and right. And this is coming from a fanbase whose basketball program was banned from the postseason last year.

Glass houses, people.

Can you possibly miss my point more? I am advocating we become more like Ville. It's a compliment jack off. I want people to assume we are cheating as well.

And please with the no credible evidence and being absolved of any wrong doing. There are fugging cashed checks. Strong would absolutely keep him on staff. The guy comes from the SEC. He is no saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom