Any word on Purvis/Facey making a summer league roster? | The Boneyard

Any word on Purvis/Facey making a summer league roster?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Marcus Johnson and Lasan Kromah (no disrespect intended to those guys) were able to get spots in summer leagues, so it's tough to see how Facey and especially Purvis would not.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Purvis is with Utah I believe.

I knew he had worked out with them, OKC, and Charlotte, but hadn't heard about him being on the summer league roster. That's good to know.

C

Chief00

Facey is the under achiever - I always thought he had more talent than he ever let any of us see. 4 years of Carlos Daniels would have made a huge difference.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I knew he had worked out with them, OKC, and Charlotte, but hadn't heard about him being on the summer league roster. That's good to know.

I'd looked there before and didn't see them which is what had me wondering if there was something that just hadn't been updated yet.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Facey is the under achiever - I always thought he had more talent than he ever let any of us see. 4 years of Carlos Daniels would have made a huge difference.

I think he was also underused. I'm probably the biggest Phil Nolan fan on this board, but I think Facey should have seen more of his minutes over his first 3 seasons. The point blank misses were frustrating, but I think out of all the guys we've had here for 4 seasons, KF is the one who left with the most untapped potential.

Reaction Score
Hmmm... that's hard to fathom... and yet Keith Appling just had a day in court so even big collegiate stars don't always take the next step. Here's to Ollie rubbing off on those guys and being an inspiration. His story is evidence & speaks to the fact that it can be done. You carve out a skill-set, work hard, bring intensity/defense, and prioritize opportunities. I think both those guys can make the leap, but it may not be immediate. Our boy Doug Wiggins is playing professionally now for example, and he was well off the map for a while. Best of luck to them both, and I hope they use all their UConn connections to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet, but anyone see that Deandre Daniels had his rights renounced by Toronto, and joined summer league with Portland?

Reaction Score
Marcus Johnson and Lasan Kromah (no disrespect intended to those guys) were able to get spots in summer leagues, so it's tough to see how Facey and especially Purvis would not.

I would take Kromah all day over Purvis.

Reaction Score
I still don't see him on the roster. Unless he's joining them in Vegas?

That's my guess.. that tweet was posted after Summer League had already started so it would seem to be a pretty last-minute addition.

Purvis retweeted it, too, so I assume it's legit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A lot of spots on summer league teams are going to warm bodies just to fill out a roster.

Summer league isn't going to get Purvis or Facey on an NBA roster - their agents are likely working on overseas deals and they may be keeping them out of the summer league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom