Any word on Linnae Harper? | The Boneyard

Any word on Linnae Harper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of offers. Any favorites at this time? Don't believe she's visited Uconn.

Reaction Score
According to the summit, She is signing with Tennessee just like DaShields, Mavunga, Gray, Reimer, Davis, Russell, and Greenwell........

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I predict that she and Davis make a joint commitment to Tennessee. I think that Harper and Davis end up at the same program.

Reaction Score
I predict that she and Davis make a joint commitment to Tennessee. I think that Harper and Davis end up at the same program.

What do you base you're opinion on? Is this just a gut feeling or do you have inside information?

Reaction Score
My gut tells me Harper doesn't become a Husky. I have no real basis for my feelings but I would be (pleasantly) surprised if she comes to Storrs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Here are my predictions. This is based STRICTLY on gut feeling.

Russell: Louisville
Davis: Tennessee
Harper: Tennessee
Greenwell: Notre Dame
Cooper: USC
Scaife: Baylor
McCall: UCConn

I think Baylor lands three from the top 20: Scaife, Jessica Jackson, and either Iesiha Small or Halle Washington. I don't think Baylor truly has a shot at Russell, although she has us on her list.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Davis has recently expressed interest in Louisville. A visit is in the future, though not scheduled yet. Was supposed to be here Monday, but her mom was sick. Russell, Greenwell and Davis would make a great trifecta! Likely not to happen, but would be nice. I think we get an official visit from Greenwell, but not sure we get rhe final nod. I am thinking likely ND, but no insider.

I just left an elite skills camp on campus and she and Russell we're both in attendance.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Davis has recently expressed interest in Louisville. A visit is in the future, though not scheduled yet. Was supposed to be here Monday, but her mom was sick. Russell, Greenwell and Davis would make a great trifecta! Likely not to happen, but would be nice. I think we get an official visit from Greenwell, but not sure we get rhe final nod. I am thinking likely ND, but no insider.

I just left an elite skills camp on campus and she and Russell we're both in attendance.

How'd they look Jenny? Any players you would compare their games to?

Reaction Score
Here are my predictions. This is based STRICTLY on gut feeling.

Russell: Louisville
Davis: Tennessee
Harper: Tennessee
Greenwell: Notre Dame
Cooper: USC
Scaife: Baylor
McCall: UCConn

I think Baylor lands three from the top 20: Scaife, Jessica Jackson, and either Iesiha Small or Halle Washington. I don't think Baylor truly has a shot at Russell, although she has us on her list.
I agree with your predictions, though I would not be suprised to see UNC land McCall!

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Well, I really hate to state the obvious, but Russell does remind me of Griner. Her moves under the basket seem beyond her years. Double and triple teamed, and she made it look so easy. Honestly, it did not look like she was even on full tilt most of the day. I could see her kick it in to a higher gear a couple of times(I suspect not even her highest gear), and man could she move. Not even going full tilt, she was heads and shoulders (both literally and figuratively) the best on the court. She is for sure a game changer.

The camp was broken up into skills drills in groups, rotating around 4 sections of the arena, and scrimmages between teams implementing those skills.

Fundamentally, on the skills drills, she looked so, so good. She had no problem immediately replicating the skill just shown, it looked so natural. She is IMHO, and to my untrained eye, an absolute program changer. For a school like Louisville, she will help make us instant competitors and attract so much future talent.(that is probably true for wherever she goes). Louisville has never had a top 5 ranked kid. Highest ranked kids ever are S. Schimmel and Bria Smith, each #8 in their respective classes. We will be so fortunate if she chooses to make Louisville her home for at least 4 years.

Becca Greenwell can flat out play. Hailing from KY I have seen her play multiple times. The kid can shoot, she can rebound, she can create shots, distribute, rebound. She seems to have a great awareness of the court. She has not seemed intent on being the star on the floor, meaning she seems to play within the team concept. Not flashy. I am not sure who she reminds me of. The thing about Becca though is that while she is technically good it is not combined with freakish athleticism. That sounds weird as I write it, because she is an elite player. If the skill level was matched with equal athleticism, she could be as good as anyone. But she is not. I am not sure how much the ACL tear and the subsequent bulky brace play in to that, either.

She is a great player. She will be a great addition to any program. She would fit in very nicely at Louisville. I think we make her official visit list in the Fall. She has, and continues to show interest in the program. In the end, though, I am thinking she is a ND lean. She seems to be very close to Reimer. Certainly Louisville is close to home, and having family regularly at games would be easier at Louisville. Honestly, I would not have been surprised if she had verballed to ND this past weekend when she was on a visit there. The fact that she didn't, I can only assume means her decision is not fully clear.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the analysis. I just read the report from yall's scout site which said she is dominant offensively but could assert herself more on the defensive end.

I'm definitely curious to see more of her...everyone notes that she can handle the ball, which draws Parker comparisons, but I'm not expecting anywhere close to that kind of handle. Then obviously, the more recent comparisons, have been with Griner because of their size, but I'm not expecting that either. Griner is one of a kind. Her wingspan and length have made her the premier defender in the country, and I haven't gotten that kind of impression of Russell.

The player I think of when reading about/seeing her is Lisa Leslie. A long, lean body who can dominate down low and also can shoot a short jumper. Certainly someone you can build a team around and give you a championship calliber post game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well, I really hate to state the obvious, but Russell does remind me of Griner. Her moves under the basket seem beyond her years. Double and triple teamed, and she made it look so easy. Honestly, it did not look like she was even on full tilt most of the day. I could see her kick it in to a higher gear a couple of times(I suspect not even her highest gear), and man could she move. Not even going full tilt, she was heads and shoulders (both literally and figuratively) the best on the court. She is for sure a game changer.

The camp was broken up into skills drills in groups, rotating around 4 sections of the arena, and scrimmages between teams implementing those skills.

Fundamentally, on the skills drills, she looked so, so good. She had no problem immediately replicating the skill just shown, it looked so natural. She is IMHO, and to my untrained eye, an absolute program changer. For a school like Louisville, she will help make us instant competitors and attract so much future talent.(that is probably true for wherever she goes). Louisville has never had a top 5 ranked kid. Highest ranked kids ever are S. Schimmel and Bria Smith, each #8 in their respective classes. We will be so fortunate if she chooses to make Louisville her home for at least 4 years.

Great post -

Sounds like Russell's offensive skills are well ahead of the high-school BG. Probably not quite the defensive force that Griner was at the same point in her development, but BG is one of a kind in that respect. Does that square with what you saw?

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Great post -

Sounds like Russell's offensive skills are well ahead of the high-school BG. Probably not quite the defensive force that Griner was at the same point in her development, but BG is one of a kind in that respect. Does that square with what you saw?

Definitely not the same defensive player as BG
Do I think she can get there too? Absolutely.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Definitely not the same defensive player as BG
Do I think she can get there too? Absolutely.

Hard for me to believe anyone will ever get THERE. I am not saying that she will not be a great defender but unless she grows a few more inches and her arms get a lot longer, she will never reach the bar that Griner has set for every post to come in the future.

Griner will probably break Anne Donovan's all-time college record of 801 blocks. I think that if any player has the chance to equal Griner's defensive presence in the paint that it will be Stewart due to her wingspan and athleticism.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I am still hearing it's between Stanford and Uconn for McCall so the visit to UNC could be another slumber party invite. IMO Russell is more advanced than Griner at this point in HS offensively but doesn't block shots as well as Griner did or as dominant as Griner was defensively, Griner has improved her game tremendously at Baylor and there are not many schools that seem to get great improvement with posts, Uconn being one of them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner's game was so raw in HS because she started playing organized ball only as a freshman. She had a ton of upside that was just a natural progression that many players make at a much earlier age due to exposure to the game. Baylor gets credit but not as much as I would usually say when a player develops that much.

Sounds like Russell is gonna be something to watch! Some school will be very fortunate to get her. I selfishly would like to see her end up at Louisville so that I can watch her match up with UCONN for four years. I have accepted the fact that Baylor is not seriously on her short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom