Any WNBA roster surprises? | The Boneyard

Any WNBA roster surprises?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'll be the first to admit I haven't followed the minutia of detail as each WNBA team pared their roster down to 12 to start the season, so I figured I'd ask the smarter people who follow - any surprises making the teams? Any surprises that were cut? Thanks!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was surprised, as others were, that Kennedy Burke was cut, based on her play at Mohegan Sun last week. Likewise with Blake Detrick of Princeton and the Atlanta Dream. And I certainly expected that Hiedeman would beat out Bridget Carleton for the Sun's last roster spot.

Reaction Score
For as long as I have been following the sport, the WNBA' final roster cuts never seemed follow too much rhyme or reason. To me, it appears to follow a formula instead. If you haven't been on someones roster for a while, you can play lights out in camp and preseason and the odds are still against you. I think WNBA coaches do not like to go against the same pattern everyone follows. Some players have been on the edge of teams rosters for years, but they will still end up on someone's team even if some other player outperforms them. Probably because camp is so short and they play so few games that they can not really evaluate players they haven't seen play for a while properly. So those on the edge of the bench stay and those who have not played get cut year after year. that is except for the top picks. They have to really suck to get cut. Usually, they get traded first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom