Any updates on Dobbs eligibility? | The Boneyard

Any updates on Dobbs eligibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I lazily scanned the first page of threads, and didn't see anyhting (so apologies if this was answered when it was a hot topic a few weeks ago). Is it a done deal that he won't get in, or is there still a possibility he enrolls?

Reaction Score
Where did you hear that? I looked around and there was nothing saying it's a done deal.

Reaction Score
Great. Kid is qualified per NCAA but not UConn. Go figure.

Reaction Score
UConn should jump all over Khalief Herbin. Kid out of Montclair, NJ I believe. Kid has unreal highlights. He is small, but if McCombs could tote the rock for us so can this kid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bummer if true but i hope the best for the kid. mr27 has good info through his personal connections to milford.

Reaction Score
The supposed problem was not the SAT. The supposed problem was a class or credits. From his mom's post on the Des Article.

Reaction Score
Guess you don't know him to well then.. Yeah it's been widely reported it has to do with being a point shy by the clearing house nothing to do with grades.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yea wait a minute here. something isn't right. which is it? he is one credit short becuase of a hs class or is it sats?

Reaction Score
I've spoke to an Ansonia Alum who talked to Dobbs at Ansonia's Thanksgiving Day game. Dobbs to UConn is still a possibility. Granted, it's all hearsay until we get something official.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can someone please explain how this works ??
as far as i know non bcs schools can take partial qualifiers. bcs school can only take full qualifiers.

Reaction Score
ok want me to call dobbs right im telling you guys is not going down matter of fact im going to shut my mouth till signing day

Is anyone able to translate that into a coherent thought?

Reaction Score
Is anyone able to translate that into a coherent thought?

"Okay, do you want me to call Dobbs right now? I'm telling you guys, he's not going to come to UConn. As a matter of fact, I am going to shut my mouth until signing day."

Hope that was helpful!

Reaction Score
Techically, there is no such thing as a partial qualifier. Only qualifiers and nonqualifiers. Also, the SEC accepts non qualifiers with a limit of two per class not to exceed eight on a roster (or maaybe six, I can't remember).

as far as i know non bcs schools can take partial qualifiers. bcs school can only take full qualifiers.

Reaction Score
Meeting NCAA eligiblity requiremetns to qualify to sign a NLI for full athletic scholarship is independant of any university's general admission requirements.

If it is true, and that's a huge IF - that the kid plans on signing an NLI in February, and suiting up in the fall for ANY - division 1-A/FBS football program....and he's already been through the process of registering with the NCAA and getting eligible for a NLI......

But assuming that might be the case, and we all know what assuming makes of u and me.....assume that he's going somehwere -anywhere on full athletic scholarship for the fall?

I'm not convinced that actually has happened, but if it has, and those steps are indeed complete...

The only question that needs to be asked/answered is why the kid did not meet admission requirements to the University of Connecticut for the spring OR fall of 2011.

I remember commenting a while back, that it seemed weird that he'd be out for the fall already, unless his grades were very low, so low that any number of classes/tests in the spring summer wouldn't be enough to get him admitted to UConn, but that doesnt' seem to be the case either - again assumption.

But assuming his grades aren't low, but he's just a little short of admission requiremetns somehow, and needs to take a few classes or something....then it's probably a money issue.

If he does indeed meet NCAA eligibility requirments to sign an NLI, but doesn't meet UConn admission standards, then he's not getting scholarship money from UConn until he takes courses and/or tests somewhere else, and does well enough to be admitted to UConn.

that coursework is not going to be free.

But you can only sign one NLI annually, and if you're relying on scholarship money to pay for your school, he's got to sign an NLI somewhere where he does qualify for admission, and you've got to honor that NLI for a full year, and if he goes the JUCO route, he'll run into the same kind of thing too.

I hope there's a way that this young man can find his way to suiting up for the blue and white, but from what I can tell, it seems like it's oging to be a long road to get there, instead of showing up in January as it seemed he intended.

But if you've got a dream, and you really want it , you find a way.

Unfortunate situation. But I've said this before, and I'll say it again. High academic standards are a STRENGTH in recruiting, not a weakness.

This program is going to be run right.

Here's everything you need to know aobut the NLI.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...ERES&CACHEID=cfefa2004e0dc6e994fbf41ad6fc8b25

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no knowing any scoop on whats going on with him is killing me slowly after all the great updates we would get from c12. i really would hate the idea of losing 2 4* recruits in P's first year of recruiting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
btw on facebook dobbs is networked under uconn class of 15 and on twitter he has uconn listed...i would think he would change that if it wasn't happening, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom