Any update on Nolan's injury? (11/13 update: Out vs. Maine) | The Boneyard

Any update on Nolan's injury? (11/13 update: Out vs. Maine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Senior forward Phil Nolan left the game in the second half with a right foot injury. Ollie said Nolan will have X-Rays on it on Sunday and is day-to-day.

Maybe they'll announce something tomorrow. Unless Phil decides to share the results on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Not good, slowed him down sounds like potentially reoccurring injury hope not. His minutes would be vital despite what some believe.

Reaction Score
Now is the time to get it. He won't be needed until later this month.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
blessing in disguise here is it gives Enoch more minutes early to build confidence

As long as it doesn't linger, I actually agree.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
blessing in disguise here is it gives Enoch more minutes early to build confidence
Were going to need Nolan if we play Gonzaga. He'd be the guy I want on Karn.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've said it a million times, but just because it's not in the box score, it's not necesarily unimportant. Phil's footwork on defense and screen setting abilities are a huge asset. There's a reason KO keeps playing him despite numbers that don't quite jump off the sheets at you.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've said it a million times, but just because it's not in the box score, it's not necesarily unimportant. Phil's footwork on defense and screen setting abilities are a huge asset. There's a reason KO keeps playing him despite numbers that don't quite jump off the sheets at you.

A more talented, but still a "role player" example of your point was Jake V. That team could really struggle when he was out of the game. He was often a major factor in games in the '99 season but did not have big stats to show for it. Nolan is not in his league, but he has risen to the occasion in some big, big spots. Hope Phil heals up quickly.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Because he was the only backup center last year? I think that had something to do with it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Even if he's ready for Maine, we should give him the game off and see how Enoch does as the main backup center. It would be good experience incase Nolans injury is reoccurring.

Reaction Score
A more talented, but still a "role player" example of your point was Jake V. That team could really struggle when he was out of the game. He was often a major factor in games in the '99 season but did not have big stats to show for it. Nolan is not in his league, but he has risen to the occasion in some big, big spots. Hope Phil heals up quickly.

I know Jake Voskuhl, Senator. And Phil is no Jake Voskuhl.

ok, that was fun. But seriously, I really hope Phil is ok but he's going to average like 3 minutes a game this year. no big deal.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Because he was the only backup center last year? I think that had something to do with it.

There were times when he was on the floor with Brimah when Facey could've been used in his stead. I'm not trying to make him out to be a star, just saying he's not as useless as some think he is.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

ok, that was fun. But seriously, I really hope Phil is ok but he's going to average like 3 minutes a game this year. no big deal.

I'd say more that that and there will be games where he will play more. But who knows how things will go? Makes it interesting.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Jake was far from a "role player". He started every game when he wasn't injured and was an excellent screener and rebounder. Without him, we don't win title #1.

Reaction Score
CAHUSKY said:
Jake was far from a "role player". He started every game when he wasn't injured and was an excellent screener and rebounder. Without him, we don't win title #1.

I think that's why he put "role player" in quotes. He was trying to emphasize that Jake played the same role in terms of defense and screens, not that Jake was just a role player.

Reaction Score

No because when there's a physically imposing center not he other team who backs in his defender he is easily our best option to guard him, that's why! A guy who knows how to use the shoulder to keep AB from blocking shots is a guy Nolan needs to guard, seen it many times.

Reaction Score

If he averages 3 minutes a game we get worst, fast! Not sure what you guys watch seriously :confused:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I think that's why he put "role player" in quotes. He was trying to emphasize that Jake played the same role in terms of defense and screens, not that Jake was just a role player.
I was about four glasses of wine in when I posted that. Not surprised I missed the nuance.

Reaction Score
As long as his troll face is healthy for the post-game interview, the team should be OK

Reaction Score
On a team where we won't need scoring from the 5 (and thus Phil will only need to be going to the rim where he knows he won't be stuffed) Phil can be a very, very useful part. I don't think he'll play anywhere near 20 minutes a game, but I would guaranty you that there will be games where he played 20 minutes because he does things Brimah doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom