Any uniform updates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Amen.

A thread wherein people with 27 pairs of khaki Dockers debate "edgy."

Hey I beleive the standard for the Supreme Court standard is you know it when you see it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Another garanimals thread...
Reads a thread entitled "Any Uniform Updates" and is mad because it is about uniforms. :rolleyes:

A thread wherein people with 27 pairs of khaki Dockers debate "edgy."
Collectively or individually? Because I feel like there'd be more than that collectively.

CL82

Reaction Score
Somebody had to ask. It wasn't gonna be me. Sounds like they're gonna go with a subdued traditional route rather than flashy unis. Not mad at that as long as they're clean, minimalistic, and original.
Hey sub legacy. Didn't you make some mock up unis? Can you make one with Connecticut accross the front and Nat Flag Blue with white pants blue wolf on the collar and a Block C on the helmet?

This is the best I can do:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice job. Unis look boring, but serviceable. One thing I don't care for though. The font being used for the numbers. Taking a page out of the Tampa Bay Bucs union. That looks hideous. Awful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice job. Unis look boring, but serviceable. One thing I don't care for though. The front being used for the numbers. Taking a page out of the Tampa Bay Bucs union. That looks hideous. Awful.
I assume you meant FONT not front. I think it’s a rule you need numbers on the front

Reaction Score
Heard gray uniforms are now a thing of the past.. I guess we will just have to see ...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Heard gray uniforms are now a thing of the past.. I guess we will just have to see ...
I hope that dont go forward that plan for clear uniforms.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hey sub legacy. Didn't you make some mock up unis? Can you make one with Connecticut accross the front and Nat Flag Blue with white pants blue wolf on the collar and a Block C on the helmet?

This is the best I can do:
View attachment 43185
I’m only onboard if they also wear the peewee shoulder pads.

Reaction Score
No kidding. Another botched decision.

Let’s just officially change the name to “THE University of UConn” and move the school someplace warm near a large media market.

And build an on campus stadium.

No need to be associated with the state at all!

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, um, I may have caught a little wood looking at that.

I'm not sure how it would look on a helmet, but I love it on the field.

CL82

Reaction Score
Let’s just officially change the name to “THE University of UConn” and move the school someplace warm near a large media market.
Ironically enough an NCAA official at one of the earlier WBB natties referred to us as "the University of [long pause] UConn."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, um, I may have caught a little wood looking at that.

I'm not sure how it would look on a helmet, but I love it on the field.

That would look good at the 50 for sure. End zones should have CONNECTICUT on them. For the uniform go with Connecticut on the chest and a Block C Helmet where the color actually matches the jerseys. As an alternative I'd wear the gray unis with UCONN on the chest paired with the gray Husky Helmet. Husky Head Logo at the 50 and UCONN in one end zone and HUSKIES in the other.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
That would look good at the 50 for sure. End zones should have CONNECTICUT on them. For the uniform go with Connecticut on the chest and a Block C Helmet where the color actually matches the jerseys. As an alternative I'd wear the gray unis with UCONN on the chest paired with the gray Husky Helmet. Husky Head Logo at the 50 and UCONN in one end zone and HUSKIES in the other.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
REv2 is on it! Our new unis will be a very flashy National Flag Blue and white. But because Randy knows that the kids love extra flashy uniforms he will add a subtle grey line around the Block C! Connecticut in the front and no names on the back... because if you want to be like Penn State, you've got to look like Penn State!

View attachment 43076

(Actually, I'm fine with these. Definitely retro, but sharp. Throw the Block C on the helmet and the Blue Wolf on the collar and we're good to go.)
I’d send the boys out there in burlap sacks if they had the B1G logo on them

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You're being awfully wasteful with that end-zone paint. We're not reverting back to CONNECTICUT. We're UCONN and thats just the way it should be.

We’re gonna have to rebrand the fight song. No more “Connecticut Husky”

Reaction Score
We’re gonna have to rebrand the fight song. No more “Connecticut Husky”

"Connecticut Husky"
"UConn Husky, symbol of might to the foe, fight fight Connecticut it's vic'try let's go"

"Fight On Connecticut"
"We must fight on for old Connecticut, we must fight on for Blue and White"

We'll always be both, and the songs are great as is, but we're better branded as UConn. It's what the media, most sports fans and the public at large calls us. Adopting the new Husky logo and standardizing the "UConn" brand were two excellent moves by Susan Herbst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom