Any uni updates???? | The Boneyard

Any uni updates????

Reaction Score
With us still wearing all white helmets it makes me wonder are we undergoing a uniform change??? New regime sometimes = new unis, especially with us

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
With us still wearing all white helmets it makes me wonder are we undergoing a uniform change??? New regime sometimes = new unis, especially with us
If they had media day already that's when they break the uniforms out.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I can dream, right?

fe81dc8e9537cfea4a9eeaa74651c698--football-spirit-signs-football-locker-signs.jpg

Reaction Score
I can dream, right?

fe81dc8e9537cfea4a9eeaa74651c698--football-spirit-signs-football-locker-signs.jpg

I know there are some of you out there who like the red trim on the uni's......
and some of you who like the block C....
but out of it all, I understand having a different color in the alternate uni's- I get it.

But what really get's to me is thinking back as to when did the uni's start including
a RED accent. ??? We won with Blue and white.
Getting rid of the red trim to me also gets rid of Warde and Mr. fancy "Red" Pants.
If it came with Warde, or with Diaco .and or Pasqualoni..... I need a cleansing of the RED
back to the future.....
Probably just me but I liked just the American flag blue and white. It has always been our colors:
BLUE and freakin' white. I love the Notre Dame highlights with blue and white.
I love the Pitt and Baylor highlights in Blue and white. Seeing Red in the trim makes me see Red.
I am probably the only one............ needed to vent when I saw the above picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I know there are some of you out there who like the red trim on the uni's.
but out of it all, I understand having a different color in the alternate uni's- I get it.

But what really get's to me is thinking back as to when did the uni's start including
Getting rid of the red trim to me also gets rid of Warde and Mr. fancy "Red" Pants.
If it came with Warde, or with Diaco .and or Pasqualoni..... I need a cleansing of the RED
back to the future.....
Probably just me but I liked just the American flag blue and white. It has always been our colors:
I love the Pitt and Baylor highlights in Blue and white. Seeing Red in the trim makes me see Red.
I am probably the only one.. needed to vent when I saw the above picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had red trim on their unis before the upgrade (late 90s), and the hoop teams have had red trim for decades. It's not a new thing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Whether or not we win has nothing to do with what color our uniforms are.

One of the biggest wins in program history came in gray (a color that was never in our palette until a couple of years ago) jerseys.

Reaction Score
They had red trim on their unis before the upgrade (late 90s), and the hoop teams have had red trim for decades. It's not a new thing.
Exactly. this is 1998:

2015-11-12-E0002-S.jpg

One of the biggest wins in program history came in gray (a color that was never in our palette until a couple of years ago) jerseys.
Good points.!!!
Temporary insanity waiting for the season...I forgot...
At least we know R.E.2.0 won't be in red pants.

Reaction Score
I know there are some of you out there who like the red trim on the uni's.

back to the future.....
I am probably the only one.. needed to vent when I saw the above picture!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your not alone my friend. I'm with You. Head bang

Reaction Score
Exactly. this is 1998:

2015-11-12-E0002-S.jpg

Can't like this picture enough. Those were my favorite uniforms of all time. UCONN spelled across the helmet & the Jonathan face on the shirt sleeve.
There was no doubt as to who that team was on the field.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I would like to see all UConn teams ditch the gray unis permanently. Gray has never been a school color, and they're butt ugly, with dark blue numbers that are hard to read against a dark gray backdrop. We've been trotting these out for years in multiple sports. What are we trying to do, look like Georgetown? Incinerate them.

Reaction Score
Saw this posted online on Twitter. Not sure if it means anything? But why would this be hanging around?

That's been posted on here in another thread recently.

Collectors item, program history? There are quite a few scattered around Shenkmann/Burton.

Edsall also mentioned in the last month or so that he'd like to do a retro uniform game.

Reaction Score
Edsall also mentioned in the last month or so that he'd like to do a retro uniform game.
And that's all it can be. No way they can go back on the entire re-branding Herbst has done. "C" is not appropriate for "UConn" anymore

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did they ever wear white helmets with blue c like that though? I feel like I remember only white in blue from those days.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Wasn't "Connecticut" spelled out on the front of the jerseys when we used the block "C" helmets? If so, there was no confusion. I also recall helmets with an interlocking "UC" we used briefly longer ago.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
And that's all it can be. No way they can go back on the entire re-branding Herbst has done. "C" is not appropriate for "UConn" anymore
Then why the "hook C" for baseball? We had the "block C" for football during our greatest period of success. I, for one, would be stoked to see it come back. Would help me forget the last 6 years, which I am desperately trying to do!!!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Most schools put something different on their baseball teams' hats. Most of the time it's an old timey signal letter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom