Any thoughts? | The Boneyard

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
ND is going to be loaded...good thing we are too!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like both schools/coaches so I wouldn't mind either

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Woof 101 said:
Welcome to The Boneyard...Sad but true...Slander from many who also have not been on board very long. Society in general going in a bad direction.

I beg to differ here. this is a UConn board, and that student is not interested in UConn so from the poster's perspective it doesn't matter where she goes.

He has his opinion just as you have yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I like both schools/coaches so I wouldn't mind either

Let's be careful about how much "liking" we do for schools and coaches who want to take UConn's place as (quoting from the great song) "A number one, top of the heap."

I like Bob Gibson's thinking. He flat out did not like hitters -- they were the enemy, trying to take away his very livelihood as a pitcher. He didn't even hang out with teammates who were hitters, figuring that they might get traded and then he would be reluctant to pitch inside to a pal. Gibson attributed Orlando Cepeda's success at hitting Juan Marichal to their friendship and he would have none of that.

So remember, Muffet and Jeff want to get into that NC drill -- at Geno's expense. And we douldn't like that at all.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Let's be careful about how much "liking" we do for schools and coaches who want to take UConn's place as (quoting from the great song) "A number one, top of the heap."

I like Bob Gibson's thinking. He flat out did not like hitters -- they were the enemy, trying to take away his very livelihood as a pitcher. He didn't even hang out with teammates who were hitters, figuring that they might get traded and then he would be reluctant to pitch inside to a pal. Gibson attributed Orlando Cepeda's success at hitting Juan Marichal to their friendship and he would have none of that.

So remember, Muffet and Jeff want to get into that NC drill -- at Geno's expense. And we douldn't like that at all.
they are respectfully 8 and 9 championships away

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Agree. And Gibby was my favorite player of all time.

One of my favorite stories about him was after he retired and was at an Old-Timers game in 1992, Reggie Jackson hit a home run off of him. The next year at the Old-Timers game, Gibson (age 57), threw a brushback pitch at Jackson when he faced him. Jackson didn't get a hit.

Reaction Score
Muffet and Jeff both do good jobs for their schools..... no problem there..... with all the God-awful coaches there are out there, thank goodness WCBB has these 2......

Yes, #10 is within reach..... as is the streak...... I am excited to see the maturation process of this year's bunch

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
they are respectfully 8 and 9 championships away

And several of us want them to be 11 and 12 championships away and then we will want more. Fan is an abbreviation for fanatic after all.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I've been hearing it for days, and today it was made official on Louisville Scout board, we are out of the running for Arike.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I've been hearing it for days, and today it was made official on Louisville Scout board, we are out of the running for Arike.
In a way it's a tad surprising - but maybe not so much since Durr went to L'ville. Still, it will be interesting to see how she does at ND. In the games I watched, she is much more of a 1 on 1 player and didn't really excel in the team concept that Team USA was trying to employ. ND runs a more complex offense than L'ville and it will be interesting to see how she does in that type of environment...

I mean no disrespect to our competition, but there is not a single team out there at the moment that has the talent that UCONN has, and given our coaching, I just don't see anyone coming close. In 2015 we have 3 of the top 10 players, and 2 of them are probably top 3. For all that anyone talks about teams catching up to UCONN, (there was a thread where SC was talked about as possibly being able to beat UCONN), SC has not one single player verbaled from 2015 who is in the top 100. In fact I don't think they have a single verbal from that class.

You simply can't lay a goose egg in a recruiting year and expect to challenge the big boys at the top. You could say UCONN fared not so well with only landing Chong, but injuries have effectively put Tuck in that class making it a really good pair of players.

KML, Stokes
Stewie, Jefferson
Tuck, Chong
Ekmark, Butler, Edwards, Williams, Nurse
Collier, Boykin, Samuelson

I don't prefer classes of 5 like we have, but UCONN is going to be loaded every single year and every single class has a potential star player (or more). Only ND even comes close to recruiting like that, and look at how they fared against us last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul