Any news out of Missouri? | The Boneyard

Any news out of Missouri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought Missouri was meeting today and deciding their options. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
Board of Curators meeting has not concluded yet.

Reaction Score
Was on the Missouri board. No comments on this.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-tigers-curators-vote-consider-leaving-big-12

"University curators voted unanimously Tuesday night to consider leaving the Big 12 instead of committing to the league for the long term."

nice link:

WOW!!!!

A Missouri move would mean the Big 12 is likely to add at least two teams and that could put the Big East on guard again. That conference has already had two members -- Pittsburgh and Syracuse -- poached by the Atlantic Coast Conference and is trying to recruit new members.
If the Big 12 wanted to stretch farther east, Louisville, Cincinnati and West Virginia of the Big East could be targets. There has also been speculation that the Big 12 could pursue BYU, TCU, SMU, and Houston.
One Big East coach feared the worst, telling ESPN.com via text message, "the big east is finished."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mizzou to SEC is the worst scenario for UConn. SEC stands pat. ACC stands pat. Big XII gobbles TCU, WVU or Louisville along with BYU. Possibly all of them.

I still don't see it. While it was a confederate state, nobody in St. Louis or KC views themselves as southerners. It's the midwest. I think this announcement is all about the new comittment and Mizzou's long time wish to be in the Big Ten. They've been pining for an invite for years. With the B1G at an odd number, before locking themselves in with the Big XII for a long time, they have to make extra super sure that the B1G won't take them. Once that is clear, they'll sign on with the Big XII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom