Any News on Schedule or Fan Admittance?? | The Boneyard

Any News on Schedule or Fan Admittance??

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything new on the progress for scheduling games for 2021-22?

Also, I wonder, by the time the season rolls around, will 100% fan capacity be in effect.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything new on the progress for scheduling games for 2021-22?

Also, I wonder, by the time the season rolls around, will 100% fan capacity be in effect.
100% capacity is already in effect.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It will depend on the science. And that seems to change daily/weekly/monthly. And the NCAA seems to be a bit slow in following the guidelines. Some states have basically opened up stadiums but the NCAA activities in those same states are still requiring limited capacity.
I have no idea why.

Reaction Score
100% capacity for BB, SB, and FB in SC. NCAA evidently has relaxed those restrictions.

Reaction Score
100% capacity for BB, SB, and FB in SC. NCAA evidently has relaxed those restrictions.

NCAA hasn’t imposed any attendance rules for member schools for outdoor sports this spring. They had a 50% capacity rule, but that only applied to NCAA tournament competition. Otherwise it is up to the school, their local government, and the state.

Reaction Score
I had a talk with a staff member three days ago; the plan is 100 per cent capacity. That may entail required vaccinations, if that is necessary. Of course, those who can’t take the shots because of health issues will be accommodated if taking that step is indeed taken. He stressed that November is five months away and lots can happen, pro or con, before then.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I had a talk with a staff member three days ago; the plan is 100 per cent capacity. That may entail required vaccinations, if that is necessary. Of course, those who can’t take the shots because of health issues will be accommodated if taking that step is indeed taken. He stressed that November is five months away and lots can happen, pro or con, before then.
Thanks for the info!

Reaction Score
It will depend on the science. And that seems to change daily/weekly/monthly. And the NCAA seems to be a bit slow in following the guidelines. Some states have basically opened up stadiums but the NCAA activities in those same states are still requiring limited capacity.
I have no idea why.
You are making a big assumption if you think all states are following the science. No one has accused the NCAA of not doing so.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The UConn schedule usually comes out around August. The reasons for the lateness are:

1. The various leagues have to finalize the conference schedules
2. Out of conference games need to be fit into available dates
3. Media arrangements need to be worked out, taking into account team contracts and conference contracts
4. If ESPN is one of the media outlets they tell teams she and where to play which may mean starting over at step 2 to move games to accommodate ESPN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom