Any news on recruiting--at all?? | The Boneyard

Any news on recruiting--at all??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have heard very little re 2013 and beyond of late.

This is the last I recall:

Diamond DeShields is a UConn lean but was taking her visits, possibly to help teammates.

Taya Reimer was at First Night. Did she have a good time? Did she have a really good time?

Stephanie Mavunga plans a UConn visit in November or December.

Chris Dailey visited Mercedes Russell. How did it go?

UConn staff have been watching Jannah Tucker.

Karlie Samuelson likes Geno from when he recruited her sister Bonnie (now at Stanford).

Does anyone have any tidbits beyond this re 2013?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Very eager to know at least some of who's coming in 2013. I think that 2013-14 team is going to be really stout regardless of the 2013 class, but a stout 2013 is going to be critical to keeping it going after Stef and Bria are gone.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very eager to know at least some of who's coming in 2013. I think that 2013-14 team is going to be really stout regardless of the 2013 class, but a stout 2013 is going to be critical to keeping it going after Stef and Bria are gone.
Yep, a lot of eagerness. I agree about the 2013 team, but we need to build for the end of the decade. :) Diamond plus a big plus a guard would be really nice. Geno has said no more 1-player classes, and CD seems to prefer 3-4.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Senior Tiff
Junior Kelly Heather (rs) Caroline (rs)
Sophs Bria Stef Lauren MJ
Frosh Kiah KML Brianna
Verbals Breanna Moriah Morgan

Leans 2013 Diamond
2014 Sierra

Well to say UConn is loaded is an understatment and because of it, JMO but I dont think UConn will be broadcasting who theyre looking at or who else is a lean. With a loaded roster like we have alot of kids just might be thinking how theyre going to fit in. Geno recruits based on team needs and he has done a great job of spacing his recruits, giving them a year to learn and work into his system thus not hurting the team chemistry while still having room for them to fit in as the seniors graduate. This is good, for both the team and they players not allowing any added pressure. Looking ahead and assuming Diamond and Sierra come and I think they will verbal late in their junior seasons. UConn will need 2 post players and 2 guards with at least one being a point, in 2013 and 2014. Its a little far off, so I dont expect to hear much until the earliest end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom