Any news on McNeal? | The Boneyard

Any news on McNeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just looking for any updates on McNeal -WR who is supposed to be transferring to UCONN to play this year.

Is this official yet?
If not, when do we expect it to be a done deal?

Any news on how big an impact he is expected to make would also be appreciated. I assume, he will only have 1 year of eligibility. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Just looking for any updates on McNeal -WR who is supposed to be transferring to UCONN to play this year.

Is this official yet?

Any news on how big an impact he is expected to make would also be appreciated. I assume, he will only have 1 year of eligibility. Is this correct?

Thank you.

He can't sign anything with UConn until he graduates from Clemson. If you wanted to know the date of their graduation, I'm sure you could find it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Is this official yet?

Thank you.
I'm expecting him to contribute right away, and our WRs can use the depth. Graduation at Clemson is this Friday, May 11. I believe you are correct about the 1 year.

Reaction Score
He redshirted in 2009, played in 2010 & 2011 then will graduate. He has 2 years of eligiblility left here since he will enroll as a grad student.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I stand corrected. Thanks Mets.

Reaction Score
Excellent news.

Love the 2 years. With Phillips, looks like we have 2 excellent impact transfers to help at WR - a position that can definately use a MAJOR Upgrade.

I also think that Whitmer will be a HUGE improvement at QB and the passing game will actually now pose a threat to the opponent.

Reaction Score
Agreed about the o-line. I was really hopefully for RJ Dill from Maryland. That would person could have really helped our cause. Not that he was a world beater but nice size with a lot of experience.

Reaction Score
Now if we could only get that blasted o-line taken care of

I re-watched the spring game yesterday. The O-line looked good when Whitmer was out there because Whitmer got rid of the ball faster than the other QB's. Chandler Whitmer by himself will go a long way toward improving the O-line.

Reaction Score
Whitmer went against second team defensive line as well, so that has something to do with it.

Reaction Score
Whitmer went against second team defensive line as well, so that has something to do with it.

He went against the 1st team, at least for a good portion of the time he was in.

Reaction Score
I re-watched the spring game yesterday. The O-line looked good when Whitmer was out there because Whitmer got rid of the ball faster than the other QB's. Chandler Whitmer by himself will go a long way toward improving the O-line.

Where did you watch the spring game yesterday? Is the spring game available online?

Reaction Score
Where did you watch the spring game yesterday? Is the spring game available online?

DVR. Whitmer was even more impressive two weeks later. I now think he is another Aaron Rodgers, by August he will be the next Joe Montana. We have him for three years but I am now afraid he will leave a year early for the draft.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom