Any new news on the Andra injury? | The Boneyard

Any new news on the Andra injury?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sometimes I don't follow the recruit thread up top...my bad. But I did read that Andra had to be carried off the court in a recent game. Do we know how she is doing? Hopefully she will be 100% and carry Ossining deep into the NYS tourney.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
According to a post on another thread, it was an ankle. As long as it isn't broken, that's almost good news, relatively. Far worse for Andi Had it been a knee (ACL, MCL, patella, etc.). When I saw "carried off" in the OP, my fear-factor meter went straight to the red zone.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The problem with young players is they have trouble distinguishing the difference between being hurt and having an injury. More relevant here is young players don't give themselves time to heal their hurts until they become injuries. They just want to get back on the court. An ankle can be a nagging problem that can plague a young player for years if they don't give it proper healing time. This is of course different from a broken ankle which, from my experience, forever affects a players ROM.

HGN

Reaction Score
Anything definite or definitive yet on the injury?:(

Reaction Score
AEH signed off on her twitter account when the UConn players did.........haven't found anything in the local papers.......still working on this one

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It's an ankle sprain and she will miss this final week of her regular season.

Too bad for this great kid, and I hope she gets fully fit soon. But, as I said before, it could have been far worse.

Reaction Score
The problem with young players is they have trouble distinguishing the difference between being hurt and having an injury. More relevant here is young players don't give themselves time to heal their hurts until they become injuries. They just want to get back on the court. An ankle can be a nagging problem that can plague a young player for years if they don't give it proper healing time. This is of course different from a broken ankle which, from my experience, forever affects a players ROM.
You got that one right!! I rolled my left ankle once too often and still have a "weak" ankle. As a kid
I had difficulty separating hurting from injury--as I matured I saw the difference (I started maturing at age 70). Broken bones rarely , if ever, heal to the original condition.

Reaction Score
No fracture, said to be "just" as sprain. Only time will tell how "just" it is. When she first went down it almost looked like she was hold the knee. Hope she heals up and is ready to go for the first few days of March. SEEKING SEVEN!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom