Any info on Shea’s staff? | The Boneyard

Any info on Shea’s staff?

Reaction Score
Has Shea officially announced her staff. It appears that her husband has resigned from UMass Lowell.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Per Vandy's official WBB website at as of a moment ago (3:46 pm est Monday April 19), no announcement has been made with respect to her staff, except the obvious addition of her husband.

Reaction Score
Didn't Shea say that, as of now, her husband was going to be the taking care of the baby full-time?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Shea retracted the statement about Tom. I think he will wind up on her staff, but I don’t think it’s official yet.

Reaction Score
It would be better if Jerry Stackhouse had an open position on his staff for Tom, so that they can separate business from the home.
It can be done. Arizona, TN, Gonzaga plus others are doing it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Shea/Vandy just announced her staff: no surprise on the associate head coach.
  • Tom Garrick, Assc. Head Coach
  • Ashley Earley (Vandy '05), Asst. Coach & Recruitng Coordinator
  • Kevin Demille, Asst. Coach who has extensive UConn and George Washington experience

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like a well thought out and rounded staff. Garrick was announced along with Shea and must have been one of her negotiating points to get him more than just an assistants salary.
At first I wondered as a former Vandy AHC and 3 years of head coaching why Tom was not considered for the job. My guess here is that Shea's name brand and the UConn background will be a much bigger recruiting tool. My advice to Tom is to never laugh at any of her decisions as he was one of them twice. ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ashley Earley seems like a really poor choice as an assistant coach - I mean she has had 8 other coaching jobs since 2006. Really bounced all around never staying anywhere for more than 3 years. Can't imagine what Shea is thinking! Obviously this was forced on her since she is a Vandy alum. And that associate HC - to bail on his team after only two season as a HC! What must his players think? No loyalty anywhere these days. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes::p:cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ashley Earley seems like a really poor choice as an assistant coach - I mean she has had 8 other coaching jobs since 2006. Really bounced all around never staying anywhere for more than 3 years. Can't imagine what Shea is thinking! Obviously this was forced on her since she is a Vandy alum. And that associate HC - to bail on his team after only two season as a HC! What must his players think? No loyalty anywhere these days. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes::p:cool:
It is like deja vu, all over again! ;)

Reaction Score
Shea/Vandy just announced her staff: no surprise on the associate head coach.
  • Tom Garrick, Assc. Head Coach
  • Ashley Earley (Vandy '05), Asst. Coach & Recruitng Coordinator
  • Kevin Demille, Asst. Coach who has extensive UConn and George Washington experience

No mention about Tom’s connection to Shea. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Nikki Fargas assistants are available for discounted price at this time.

Reaction Score
What a brilliant send up!! Post of the week. I hope folk notice the emojis. There are some concrete thinkers on the board who lack the humor gene.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

Obviously a bad take. Never out of work and continually moving to better jobs. Obviously checks all the boxes as coach and recruiter.
Earley has been a part of six NCAA Tournaments, two as a coach and four as a player. She was named a 2016 SEC Legend for her achievements as a player and a coach in the SEC.
Earley started her coaching career at Alabama as a graduate assistant before moving on to positions at Tennessee Tech (2007-09), Rhode Island (2009-10), Marquette (2010-12) and Virginia (2012-13).
At Penn State, she lead the defensive efforts as the head defensive coordinator, while also working with the post players. In 2019-20, was also responsible for international recruiting.
Earley worked as the post player development coach and had an on-court defensive focus during her two seasons at Northern Kentucky. She mentored forward walk-on Kailey Coffey to a spot on the Horizon League All-Freshman Team in 2018, as well as helping guide NKU to a three-place improvement in the conference standings from 2018 to 2019.
Earley spent three seasons as the defensive coordinator at Vanderbilt. While in Nashville, she helped sign a pair of top-20 recruiting classes, including the No. 6 class in the country and top-ranked class in the SEC in 2016. Earley helped the Commodores earn their 15th-straight NCAA tournament berth in her first season at Vandy. The following season, the frontcourt was one of the most efficient in the nation with four players connecting above 50 percent from the field, while the entire team ranked 10th in the nation at 45.4 percent.

Reaction Score
Obviously a bad take. Never out of work and continually moving to better jobs. Obviously checks all the boxes as coach and recruiter.
Earley has been a part of six NCAA Tournaments, two as a coach and four as a player. She was named a 2016 SEC Legend for her achievements as a player and a coach in the SEC.
Earley started her coaching career at Alabama as a graduate assistant before moving on to positions at Tennessee Tech (2007-09), Rhode Island (2009-10), Marquette (2010-12) and Virginia (2012-13).
At Penn State, she lead the defensive efforts as the head defensive coordinator, while also working with the post players. In 2019-20, was also responsible for international recruiting.
Earley worked as the post player development coach and had an on-court defensive focus during her two seasons at Northern Kentucky. She mentored forward walk-on Kailey Coffey to a spot on the Horizon League All-Freshman Team in 2018, as well as helping guide NKU to a three-place improvement in the conference standings from 2018 to 2019.
Earley spent three seasons as the defensive coordinator at Vanderbilt. While in Nashville, she helped sign a pair of top-20 recruiting classes, including the No. 6 class in the country and top-ranked class in the SEC in 2016. Earley helped the Commodores earn their 15th-straight NCAA tournament berth in her first season at Vandy. The following season, the frontcourt was one of the most efficient in the nation with four players connecting above 50 percent from the field, while the entire team ranked 10th in the nation at 45.4 percent.
Congratulations on being the first one to take this post seriously and disregard all of the emojis at the end. Perhaps @UcMiami will stop in for further explanation of it. Or not.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think some folks here are unaware of the real world. I've never heard of this coach but her resume sounds like one of a effective recruiter. Which is mandatory for a coach to be a success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom