Any guesses when our next game will actually take place? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any guesses when our next game will actually take place?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm sure there are ways around it. Borges has said multiple times that Sanogo technically wouldn't count as a healthy player since he was on a minutes restriction recommended by the medical staff, so perhaps the medical staff requires a couple practices before giving the players the green light.

Yeah, the conference isn't requesting medical records or working out these players to make sure who is good to go. I'm sure if a coach held 4 perfectly healthy players out just to cancel the game it would raise some eyebrows and the conference might investigate, but what could they actually do in that situation?

Reaction Score
Yeah, the conference isn't requesting medical records or working out these players to make sure who is good to go. I'm sure if a coach held 4 perfectly healthy players out just to cancel the game it would raise some eyebrows and the conference might investigate, but what could they actually do in that situation?
Force a forfiet

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, just read UConn is rescheduled at Xavier on 2/11 @7pm and also has game at the Johnnies on 2/13 @noon. Would love to see the game on the 13th moved back to 6pm or 7pm but it is what it is.

One thing Hurley needs to do is lose his attitude towards playing a few guys 35 plus minutes every game. Minute management will be huge remainder of the season. Have to treat this like the BET or NCAAT where every healthy body needs to be playing every game, even if just for a few minutes. I hate doing what I am about to do, but here it goes.......fortunately DH only needs one phone call to talk to a master of managing minutes in tournament environments (JC).

Minute management is huge and since these kids are only quasi physically ready for these short turnarounds, we can expect some unexpected non-contact injuries. Next man up not only has to be a motto, the staff has to have the "next man up" prepped by getting each "next man up' minutes every game.

Reaction Score
Well, just read UConn is rescheduled at Xavier on 2/11 @7pm and also has game at the Johnnies on 2/13 @noon. Would love to see the game on the 13th moved back to 6pm or 7pm but it is what it is.

One thing Hurley needs to do is lose his attitude towards playing a few guys 35 plus minutes every game. Minute management will be huge remainder of the season. Have to treat this like the BET or NCAAT where every healthy body needs to be playing every game, even if just for a few minutes. I hate doing what I am about to do, but here it goes.......fortunately DH only needs one phone call to talk to a master of managing minutes in tournament environments (JC).

Minute management is huge and since these kids are only quasi physically ready for these short turnarounds, we can expect some unexpected non-contact injuries. Next man up not only has to be a motto, the staff has to have the "next man up" prepped by getting each "next man up' minutes every game.
That's Super Sunday. It's not going to be moved.

Reaction Score
That's Super Sunday. It's not going to be moved.
U sure the super bowl is that late this year? I kno NFL is 17 games- 18 real weeks figuring the byes and everything is pushed back a week but thought they eliminated the two week layover before the super bowl ? This wud put super bowl back on for the usual first Sunday in February.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
U sure the super bowl is that late this year? I kno NFL is 17 games- 18 real weeks figuring the byes and everything is pushed back a week but thought they eliminated the two week layover before the super bowl ?

Try this site for verification. Lots of good info.

Reaction Score

Tom Thibodeau has heard the minutes management talk for many years, and with many teams. Yet, the results remained the same.

The teams all burned out as the season progressed.

JC probably has already talked to DH by now. Now, it's up to DH.

Reaction Score
Try this site for verification. Lots of good info.

Lol. Thx. Never heard of it but I’ll chk it out. R u supposed to type the question u want answered in the white search bar? Either way , this Google thing sounds interesting- I’ll give it a whirl. Thx again

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Force a forfiet

They don't have access to players' medical records, how would they verify that a player isn't actually healthy enough to play?

Reaction Score
They don't have access to players' medical records, how would they verify that a player isn't actually healthy enough to play?
They don't, they are relying on honesty.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They don't, they are relying on honesty.

Yeah that's what I was saying in my post. There's no way for the league to force teams to play.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's what I was saying in my post. There's no way for the league to force teams to play.
I for one would be disappointed if we didn't play. A lot of teams are in the same boat - playing after layoffs and down key players. Deal with it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And now there's potential for a mess of a storm Friday making I-95 a mess.

Maybe they can just fly down from Bradley to Newark. Oh wait, nevermind.

Reaction Score
They can request documentation from doctors (if not actual medical records), equivalent of a school doctors note or whatever. Basically forcing us to make the doctors commit fraud. But yeah, they can't force the truth if people are committed to not giving it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom